main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Doesn't bf2 have a stats page?? I don't see any kd ratio, games. Hours put in etc...

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wish there was a mode where you could just cruise around admiring the worlds without getting poleaxed! [face_dunno]

SilentGuy66 and J7Luke like this.
  3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Probably best for the first week or so after full release.

4. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableTenderCrowLitFam

Streamer gets credit capped on arcade mode, tells him he can't earn credits for 3 hours.

This is a mobile game wrapped in "AAA" LIES. You can't even "grind" credits like these EA defenders keep yapping on about.

Seeher likes this.
  5. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    It was almost exactly the same in the beta, except there was a daily limit. The obvious rationale is that you should earn multiplayer rewards by playing multiplayer, not by killing bots over and over again.

Edit: FYI, that linked video contains some strong language.

J7Luke likes this.
  6. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

If i can pay hundreds of dollars to unlock everything with lootboxes and the tens of thousands of credits that would give me, why can't I grind small amounts of credits constantly offline???....in a fully priced game???

Also, others have reported the timer limit increases the more you play arcade.

https://imgur.com/a/twPtm

7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    You can grind small amounts of credits offline though. You just can't abuse the system endlessly. And ultimately it makes sense because it's a game mode where you can customise the settings and gain credits way too easily.

I don't believe the limit increases, but rather than time changes depending on how far away you are from the daily reset time.

J7Luke likes this.
  8. coervus

Mar 31, 2017
    Ideally, it's "you should earn multiplayer rewards by playing multiplayer, not by killing bots OR buying a ton of crates." In reality, EA wants a comfortable profit so this is what we currently have.

As I said upthread, if you can pay for enough crates to make a difference, chances are you have a job that keeps you from playing and progressing as much as you'd like. OK. But some people have both time and money, which is what makes the system problematic. Personally, I'll take that double-edged sword because it doesn't bother me that someone with more resources than me gets to have a slightly better grenade or whatever if the alternative is paying $50 for DLC.

J7Luke and redxavier like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So no stats in game?

10. coervus

Mar 31, 2017
    B99 I forgot where I saw this confirmed but yeah, career stats are not available currently. I can't imagine this being the case for too long, but I find it pretty bewildering.

J7Luke and B99 like this.
  11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    The battlefront subreddit has gone to trash. I’m fully behind getting rid of microtransactions and fixing progression but the sub is one big toxic circlejerk at the moment.

I want to see discussion of the other aspects of the game - maps, potential customization, discussion of what needs needs buffs and nerfs etc but it seems if your post isn’t hating on EA you’re a shill and downvoted. Really disappointing.

B99 Dennis said in a stream a while back that stats page would be coming it just wasn’t where they wanted it to be in terms off quality.

Accede should be exempt from credits altogether and just have everything unlocked so you can experiment and muck around. The cap is to stop botting.

12. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    After The Last Jedi stuff, what sort of content would you want next? I wouldn't mind buffing the prequel trilogy content some more, but maybe take from The Clone Wars. Obi-Wan and Asajj Ventress with Christophsis as a map, maybe. Or even get Ryloth a ground map with Windu and Dooku as the heroes added.

Grievousdude likes this.
  13. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    You can find an alternative subreddit with people who are actually playing and discussing the game here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefrontTWO/
    We're all refugees there!

My guess for the next DLC season would also be prequel era. The thing about prequel content that may get overlooked is that it's actually incorporating a lot of the Clone Wars content already. Kamino is full of stuff that comes from the Clone Wars, and it's essentially inspired by that TCW arc. The space battle above Ryloth also seems inspired by the Season 1 Ryloth episode, and Ryloth isn't a prequel movie planet is it? I imagine that they'll continue to do that, sort of fusing both where it makes sense.

I imagine too that future OT content might include stuff that is technically Rebels content (they've already included the rocket troopers for instance).

J7Luke and DarkRula like this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sounds like DICE made another game with a lame story. What a shock.

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, so weird..

16. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Another DLC idea, if they ever introduce a mode like Infiltration again, storming of The Citadel on Lola Sayu.

Grievousdude and J7Luke like this.
  17. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005

Ya I get their frustrations, but it's turned into toxic cesspool and so annoying at this point. It's almost as if nobody on there not played any multiplayer triple "A" shooter in the past 2-4 years?

Everything has gotten some form of loot boxes for more weapons, skins, cosmetics, and items that give any sort of "perks" or "buffs". The only thing I can think of is Overwatch, where everything is entirely cosmetic with their loot boxes. Honestly, I'm not behind the whole thing too, but I don't give a rats ass about any of that stuff and calling EA the devil himself because I have never experienced any substantial advantage over me when I am playing against others.

However the people that actually want to discuss the gameplay and whatnot have made another subbredit called r/battlefronttwo. Things are much more civil over there.

Larsonator, J7Luke and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay but is it safe to buy now

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Shields are annoying...lol

20. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Heroes need a buff in Galactic Assault. They go down way too easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Hooray, my Gamestop is doing a 9PM release tomorrow night, and I get off work at 8:30! Now the only tricky part is figuring out how to divide my gaming time between Battlefront and Assassin's Creed: Origins.

J7Luke likes this.
  22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    So a couple hours into the game, in addition to completing the campaign. I have 30k credits sitting there. I already bought Leia too. So I've had over 40k credits. I haven't bought a single loot box, just opened the ones the game gives you for having the deluxe version/completing the beta/completing multiplayer milestones.

Star cards don't do jack for terrible players. I've outgunned a dude who was level 24 on his assault with my default assault. I've outpiloted nearly everyone with all my ships at 0. I've out Hero fought people higher level than me in HvV because I actually knew my heroes abilities.

I really don't have a problem with the system yet. Credits flow quite quickly. I usually end each match with between 250-400 on Galctic assault/starfighter assault. The smaller modes give less but they also finish quicker.

That being said, it's like day two. Balance problems won't really be to evident for another couple weeks. So I won't pretend the system is fine as is. Especially considering that the additional heroes will cost credits too. I'll wait to make my judgement later.

I do like that all the weapons and weapon mods are unlocks for actually doing stuff. Anyone running around as smuggler Han will be a bonafide hardcore player. Those solo challenges are hard at tier 3, lol.

Yoda is OP though. He's small, with a tiny hit box. He's also fast, constantly flipping, and blends into half the maps foliage. Good Yoda players will absolutley destroy entire teams by themselves.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Been playing some more. Hopped on for some Starfighter Assault, and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Also played a bit of Heroes vs Villains, which I feel has been improved from the 2015 game. I'll definitely be on it more. Still have Strike and Blast to play, as well as start on the campaign.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

What is improved from HvV over the original game?

25. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Everyone are heroes. No regular soldiers. Each team has one target that both change after one is killed. The team that loses all their counters loses the round. Say the teams are Luke, Han, Rey, and Yoda vs Vader, Boba, Kylo, and Maul. The targets are Han and Maul. The first team to defeat the opposing target knock one counter from the opposing team. Then, both targets change. So long as no-one is using the hero, you can swap on the spawn screen.

J7Luke likes this.