main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Having now played Jetpack Cargo I can now say I think it's fun for a few rounds at a time. It's something different to play.

The new update seems to have had a good effect as the game seems to be smoother, less glitchy and more fun at least from the around 10-15 rounds I played tonight. Most importantly they finally fixed Palpatine's so his lightning no longer passes through walls and floors thank god!

Unfortunately server issues still seem to be a problem but I wasn't kicked out of any games so it's a start I guess.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I played that new Jetpack Cargo mode today for about 5 to 10 minutes. Eh, I didn't think much of it. It didn't seem that popular; since after my match was over the majority of people left, and after waiting another 5 minutes for new players to join in I just gave up. There's nothing more boring in the game than waiting in the lobby of an online match for players to join.

3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm glad that jump pack cargo is for a limited time. It's a mode that's lacking. It really needs a clock. Matches can be prolonged indefinitely.

Still hoping at some point they create a large map zone control type mode. Without heroes if I had my way. But I doubt that will ever happen.

It seems for large map modes in BF 2 DICE feels maximum chaos with multiple heroes, enforcers, vehicles of different scales on land and air, plus the inevitable lag, Stutter, and freezing all these assests cause when thrown against the wall at the same time is... Fun.

I beg to differ.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Isn't that essentially what Blast is?

5. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Not like Supremacy from 2015. That was the closest we got to a regular conquest type mode in the 2015 game, and at the minute there's nothing like it in the 2017 game. Both Strike and Jetpack Cargo are more Capture the Flag type modes, with Blast just being a simple deathmatch.
    Conquest with 2017's gameplay would be a lot more fun, but there's no way it'll be done with the current battle points system. At least, not to the standard other shooters do it.

6. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    No, Blast is just Team Death Match, small map CQC.

Im looking for a large non linear map, zone control/conquest type mode, sans heroes.

Quite frankly, I'd even take the Supremacy mode from BF 2015 at this point.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ugh I made a stupid mistake last night. Saved enough craft parts (120) to upgrade my trooper's "Bounty Hunter" star card to the third notch, and I accidentally wasted it on some meaningless boost card that I'd never have any intention on using. Too bad there's not some way you could trade cards in for craft parts (or at least "disassemble" them).

8. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    When they added disassembling duplicate items into metal shards in HZD it was a God send. I wish they'd have some mercy on us in this game and allow dupe cards to be converted to crafting parts rather than credits.

That said, any of you Heavy class mains used the DC-15LE with explosive shot post patch? Seems in typical DICE fashion they aren't able to fix one thing without breaking two more. Anyway, if you haven't tried it, give it a go. It's disgusting. You can melt heroes and enforcers with absolute ease right now. Way way overpowered. Hopefully they fix it "soon™"

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's funny cause I was thinking of HZD's disassembling skill when I was talking about this initially.

vw_jedi likes this.
  10. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    @vw_jedi DC-15LE with explosive shot, huh? I swapped to the next gun down after completing the three missions with it, but if they've made it that overpowered, I might just do something I never do in online games and intentionally choose a proven OP thing.

11. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    I mean you're right that it's overpowered, but I feel no shame using it and getting 40 eliminations in a round.

12. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I don't blame anyone for using it right now. In my post I told people to try it out. It's on DICE to fix it. But it's silly powerful in it's post patch state, and I can't imagine it's going to remain like this.

It's pretty much Super Charged Sentry on demand with full mobility. Give it a go, it's insane.

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm seriously looking forward to season 2.
    There is no way it's not a clone wars season, and we desperately need more maps.[face_waiting]

Son of a Bith likes this.
  14. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    More maps are always welcome, but you do have to remember that there's a lot of maps already in the game. I mean there's like three times the maps the original shipped with.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Oh I know. And I quite like the ones we have. But after a few months of playing the game on a literally day to day basis it feels like a lot fewer than I know there is.
    Especially since I get some maps far more often than others.
    I just want something new.

16. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    I feel like if they updated the current maps with a more open gamemode, then that'd be pretty refreshing. Something more akin to Supremacy or Turning Point from the original game.

Grievousdude likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does anyone still log into BF 2015 at all? It's been months and I miss my female Twi'lek :(

18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Sort of? Almost every map in Strike and Blast is just a small section of one of the Galactic Assault maps. The Kachirho Beach Strike/Blast map (up in the trees) being the one exception I can think of. Are there any others?

HvV has a few unique maps such as the hanger in Theed's Palace. But others are sections of larger maps.

I'd like to see a count of actual unique maps vs BF 2015. Seems that's a more apples to apples comparison.

Yes they do. Played Walker Assault yesterday. No problem finding a game. I know at least one other person here that still plays as well.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Good to know. Hopefully one day we'll be able to customize in BF2.

vw_jedi likes this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Wait, I just realized (Last night), that they have added Hoth Skins for the OT3.
    Is this new, or did I miss something?

Still have to unlock them, but I'm just happy we finally got some new skins!:D

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do you mean like the clothes that Han, Luke and Leia wore on Hoth?

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Yes. From what I saw Luke even has the Skywalker Lightsaber in his Hoth Outfit.
    I hope to unlock them, but they require timed events, and none of the ones I have completed yet have opened them up for me.
    Just as well, it would be awkward wearing them on Tatooine or Jakku.

T'is the burden of skins that only look right on one or two maps. But I'd very much like to get them either way.
    Still haven't gotten Hans smugglers skin yet either, but I never play as him so probably wouldn't make a difference/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Honestly, I don't particularly care for the additional skins for the regular OT characters.
    (spoiler about campaign)
    But if they ever released Iden's jumpsuit-around-the-waist Rebels' uniform as an unlock, I'd be among the first in line to use go after it.
    [​IMG]

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The more skins the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Some Hero's like Bossk, or Boba Fett probably won't be getting anything.
    And I'm less interested in the OT heros than others.
    But I just like variety.

Some idea's I have
    Yoda: OT with a sash around his robe, and maybe one with no outer-robe based on his retreat from Palpatine in III.
    Maul: Mechanical legs obviously. Most likely his humanlike ones from rebels cause they'd be the easiest to animate.
    Lando: Bespin Outfit. (I can't see them not adding this)
    Palpatine: Red Chancellors outfit from III.
    OT II: Outfits from IV, Endor, etc.
    Chewbacca: His fur varies a bit through the films. Or maybe something based around the new films?

That's just the tip of the iceburg. When we get new hero's like Anakin, Obi-Wan, and so on there are endless possibilities!

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    For all we know, they could've already decided that Anakin will just be an alternate skin to Vader (kind of like Power Girl is an alternate outfit for Super Girl in Injustice 2).