main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I pray that is not so. Anakin should be a hero in his own right. There is more to Anakin than Vader, he should be a light side hero of his own with different abilities.
    (Though I wouldn't mind there being an episode III 'pre suit' Vader skin. It might just be dark side Anakin with his hood up. Unlikely I know, but I think it could be pretty cool.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Grievousdude likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that would be just silly; having a light side Anakin, a Dark side Anakin, and Vader in full black costume.

3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Actually it would be two.

Anakin: Light Side
    Darth Vader: Dark Side

'Dark Side Anakin' would be a skin for Vader. I just think it would be cool, and add a subtle layer of unpredictability to the game.
    Whenever we see Anakin jump into the battlefield we need to be prepared for him to either defend you, or stab you in the back. :p
    Of course the tell would be that his hood is up= dark side.
    As I stated I think it's unlikely they will go that route, Though I would love them too.

But in any case I believe light side Anakin is different enough from Vader that he could make a cool character of his own.
    Of course while cross era is active it might be a little weird, but no different than having two millennium falcons flying around in space battles (And less blatant too).
    I expect after more maps and characters come in Galactic Assault will be era locked, and we won't have to worry about it.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know we talked about this before, but IMO there can't be too many differences between Light Side Anakin and Dark Side Vader in terms of abilities. Even as a "good guy", Anakin was still using those Force Chokes on people.

5. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    To each their own I suppose.

I maintain Anakin is different enough from Vader to warrant his own character.
    For example, Anakin doesn't use force choke nearly as casually as Vader does. Particularly as he is a Jedi he can't just go around strangling people who annoy him. Throughout TCW we only see him choking those who really make him mad, and only when he and they are alone. So I see no need for that to be one of his abilities. (Not to mention it would be fairly confusing when done to battle droids.)
    Furthermore Anakin would almost certainly be far faster, and less of a tank than Vader. Less cybernetics weighing him down and such.
    Maybe he can get his own dash attack? Basically every Jedi in the game so far has a dash attack that is unique to them.
    I just like the idea.:)

Grievousdude likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They are only limited time though.

Also does anyone know how much XP you need to reach level 50? I am talking about all the levels combined.

7. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    God, I wonder. Idk about everybody else, but it takes me a long time to level, and I'm usually in the top half of the leaderboard in almost every game.

8. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    Also, I found a way to get crazy numbers of battle points in game so you can always get a hero. You play as a heavy and fully upgrade the star card that gives you extra points so you get 20 percent extra for everything, then you run the card that gives you points every time you get hit which stacks with the original so maxed out you get eleven points for every blaster shot that hits you, and then you run the upgraded shield ability, so you just tank hits and dish out damage and get tons of points to spend on heroes.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    vw_jedi likes this.
  9. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    No, the skins will be permanent if you earn them. It's the window to complete the challenges to earn them that is limited.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What challenge do you have to do to get the skins?

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What challenge do you have to do to get the skins?

12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I don’t think the challenges are out yet.

B99 likes this.
  13. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    As stated above, they didn't announce them yet.

Though I imagine it will be something aggravating. Lol...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Gawd.. This game is so stupid..

Thx though guys.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  15. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    I don't know numbers either, but playing HvV is the fastest way to rack up score, at the expense of credits. Starfighter Assault gives out more credits (because matches last longer) but not nearly as much score even if you're killing it every time. Like a really good full-length match of SFA is 10-15k score but a really good match of HvV is like... 20-25k. Galactic Assault, I have no idea cos it seems to vary so much.

16. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Best thing to do is ask on either the Battlefront Reddit or the official EA BF forums. I guarantee someone has calculated it.

17. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I just hope if they do the TCW's we get a decent detailed content, with heros/villains and battalions. I wanna run round as Ahsoka, and Savage Opress... Not gonna happen but also even having Pre Visla pop up and killing people with a Dark Saber... I can only dream.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing I found very odd was how they immediately released the Clone Wars era maps (Naboo, Kamino, and Kashyyk), along with the clone troopers and droid army, but the only heroes from that era available to date are Maul and Yoda.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.
  19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    It feels weird we have the main OT cast and main ST cast, but we don't even have one main prequel character. I'm gonna always be highly dissatisfied if my bois Obi-Wan and Anakin don't make it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If Asajj Ventress and especially Ahsoka make it, then I'll be extremely satisfied.

21. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Aren't they working on a CW DLC anyway? Because the good community just demanded it.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    They are; but I wouldn't hold my breath under the notion that any new heroes will be surprises to anyone. I think OB1 and Anakin are a given at this point.

23. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    So much they can do if they follow the community.

24. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I know it probably won't happen, but I'd want a hero dump. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Dooku, Ventress, Grievous for Clone Wars, Maz Kanata, Poe, Hux, and Snoke for the First Order Conflict. Two or three new planets for each era. All in one update. It probably won't happen as instant as that, but within the next few content updates is reasonable.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Snoke? Has anyone actually seen him in combat?

I just wonder how they'll manipulate the hero selection screen moving forward as they add new ones. With the fixed number they have now, it allows for just enough space to see a large image of the hero you just selected; as well as your current star cards and abilities.