main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I think it was actually Rey/Chewie's Falcon which is the one that I unlocked. I guess the original one was always there.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Did I hear right? Jp cargo on Bespin?

3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    The TFA/TLJ Falcon was locked. The original saga Falcon was not.

4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I don't recall that being the case. The only locked ships have been the new ones: Tallie Lintra and Iden Versio.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/18...ns-guide-how-to-unlock-every-hero-and-villain

However, some of the above Heroes and Villains/Vehicles aren't available to purchase using Battle Points straight away, and you'll actually have to unlock them with Credits in the Collection tab of the main manu of Star Wars Battlefront 2, before you can spend in-game Battle Points to play as them. Just below, you'll find a complete list of all the characters/vehicles you'll need to purchase with Credits, before you can play with them using Battle Points:

• Chewbacca - 10,000 Credits
    • Darth Vader - 15,000 Credits
    • Emperor Palpatine - 10,000 Credits
    • Iden Versio - 50,000 Credits
    • Leia Organa - 10,000 Credits
    • Luke Skywalker - 15,000 Credits
    • Rey/Chewbacca Millennium Falcon - 20,000 Credits

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    How interesting. I never had to unlock it. I would remember paying 20k credits to do so. Maybe it was actually 2k (going to assume that 50k for Iden is a typo).

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well remember they reduced the credits for purchasing heroes shortly after the game was released.

8. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I thought we could get skill points from parts

9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Did you order the pre order or purchase the deluxe edition? If so it's possible the Rey and Chewbacca Falcon was one of the items included as a bonus.

But for those of us who purchased the standard edition after launch, unlocking it initially cost 20k credits. But I believe it was eventually reduced to 5k credits. Now with today's patch it's free.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  10. chrcharcor2

chrcharcor2 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2015
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Rey/Chewy Falcon and the Kylo Ren/Rey TLJ skins were pre-order bonuses. I also never had to unlock the Rey/Chewy Falcon.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I played for about a half hour last night (HvV) to get a grasp of all of the changes. Aside from all of the unlocks and about a dozen or so free crates (including the daily one), it seems like every trooper, hero, and vehicle has that little yellow thing in the upper right corner of their box. Some of them I just went in and saw new star cards and/or cosmetic stuff that was unlocked. But in others, like Iden for example, I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. I've already unlocked all of her star cards, and I had an emote for her after completing the campaign.

12. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    It's a glitch. I have the same one. Saw many players report it at the official BF forum as well.

DICE just "fixed" things. So of course more things are now broke. That's the way they roll.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if that's the only issue that came from this huge patch, it's really nothing to get concerned about. Just a minor nuisance that doesn't affect gameplay.

14. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Oh for the love of God man. It's absolutely not even close to the only new glitch. Would you like me to detail just the new one's I've personally encountered in the last 24 hours? My fave so far is spending BP's to get into a LAAT only to find that the whole screen goes completely black.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't understand that one. I thought you spend battle points to get into those special vehicles.

16. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Typo, meant to put BP's and was actually correcting it while you were posting. In a game with 4 different currencies things can get confusing.

That said, the glitch is still a glitch.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Remind me just one more time, do you have the game on console or PC?

18. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    I got the LAAT black screen glitch too (on PS4). That was a fun 10 seconds before getting shot down from who knows where.

I have been having so much fun with the new update otherwise. Obviously, the big thing is the new progression system that makes leveling up a class feel so satisfying with that shiny in-game notification. But other things, too: I didn't realize how soul-sucking the explosive shot bug was until this patch fixed it. They also added more music from the films, which adds to the experience immeasurably. And they reduced the splash damage from starfighters on infantry, which I actually like as a frequent pilot in GA. Before it was like shooting fish in a barrel, but now it does take some finesse and is more rewarding.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So do credits have an actual purpose anymore? Since it seems like crafting parts are useless and so are crystals.

20. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    Yes, of course they do. Credits and crystals will go towards character customization in the future. Crafting parts can no longer be earned, but will be around indefinitely to allow you to convert them to skill points. With the next update, every 40 crafting parts can be traded in for 1 skill point to apply to a class of your choosing.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So from now on the free daily loot crate will be nothing but a mere 500 credits?

22. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    PS4.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only reason I asked is because frankly, I haven't really come across real in-game glitches as much as you describe them. My biggest gripe with frustration is when I'm shooting someone at point-blank range, and they're just about invincible. I was playing a game of Jetpack cargo last night (I really hate that mode, by the way; it's just too long with no timer), and more often than not the enemies would just no go down no matter how much I fired on them.

24. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Ah, the old "well I'm in Texas and it's 99 and sunny, therefore people claiming huge snowstorms in Maine must be nuts."

There's many factors at play. Notice another member above-mentioned has also encountered the LAAT glitch I mentioned. Do you hop in LAATs often? If not, you wont encounter that glitch, will you? But it does not mean it's not real.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I never suggested it didn't happen. I just made a statement that I haven't experienced nearly as many glitches with both this game and the previous one as you have talked about.