main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Yes, and to what end is your line of questioning though? Ultimately to suggest what?

If you go read up at EA's official BF forums as well as the various BF reddits you'll find my experience very typical. Every glitch I've experienced has been documented by others as well.

How many hours did you put into BF 1? I put in 900+. The reason I ask is simply the more you play the more opportunity to experience the various glitches. I'd say the same for BF 2. If I l play more often than you it stands to reason I will encounter glitches more often.

Now that said, many of the glitches such as the DC-15le explosive shot cool down glitch, could be encountered merely by playing a single round of blast, or equiping it yourself. Others require specific modes or circumstances.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well obviously the more you play, the more likely you'll encounter and notice the repetitive glitches. But then the question arises: if the game is giving you so many issues that essentially takes the fun out of it, why bother playing it so much? I'm a casual gamer, as I've mentioned before. The most I might play BF is for 40 minutes or so; especially when I'm partnering with someone in the Community. More likely I'd go in for a 15-20 minute HvV match (two rounds of both sides).

3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    The new Star Wars EA Community Director is good... I have hope

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Son of a Bith likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Hope as in the kind of hope that the Jedi once gave Anakin, or the kind of hope that Obi-Wan and Yoda had for Luke?

5. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Hope as in the kind us British people give out.

Son of a Bith and Grievousdude like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's annoying that among the challenges for Leia's Hoth outfit is that you're forced to play through 5 full rounds of Jetpark Cargo. With no time limit, this thing can really go all night long. I was playing for quite some time, with about 15-20 kills, and as it was just getting too late I just aborted it. It would've been the second of the five rounds.

vw_jedi likes this.
  7. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I think they can save the game, from what has been said behind the scenes EA said to the devs oh you cant do that and now the devs have slammed the foot down.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Jetpack cargo is usually mostly fun from my POV. At first I was happy they added a new map for it. But it took me all of five minutes to realize Bespin is terrible for Jetpacks.
    I don't mind the lack of time limit on Tatooine, because even in a long game, I find it entertaining to analyze all the creative ways players try to complete the objective. (Though the map itself gets boring fairly quick. Too much Sand!:anakin:)

But Bespin requires us to be too cautious. If you aren't very, very careful you end up flying off the map. Then you need to start all over again. Which happens far too often.
    This caution disrupts the otherwise fast paced nature of the game, which is extremely irritating.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was actually playing a Jetpack Cargo game on Bespin last night. That's the one that seemed to go on forever and I just quit.

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The three Bespin games I played weren't very long. I once (A few weeks ago) had a tatooine game that went over an hour with no points on either side!

But I got frustrated with falling off cliffs very quickly. Bespin is beautiful. But Jetpack cargo on it is a pain.
    Also since the drop zones are both indoors they become death-zones, with at least three our four players on each team guarding the doors with rocket launchers!
    If we're lucjy enough to get that far it's suicide to try and complete the objective without serious backup to draw fire away from you.
    I was lucky none of my games exceeded a half hour. And I got Hoth Leia soon after that. But I don't plan on trying that game mode again any time soon.

11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’m not playing cargo for the skin, I’ll just wait until they’re released and use my mountain of credits to get exactly what I want.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    First time I played as Hoth Leia, Ren froze me in the line of Storm troopers. I swear I was frozen for like a whole minute before they noticed but I died anyways.
    Sometimes force users suck.[face_sigh]

13. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    After playing three rounds of Jetpack Cargo, I was thinking that these aren't so bad. They're not lasting longer than ten minutes, I'll get through this and be back on Galactic Assault in no time. Then came the second match on Bespin. Felt like a half hour match with the cargo always going back and forth. Eventually the other team won out, which led to the last match for me - with lasted about four minutes and was a total knockout for my side. It didn't help that I grabbed the cargo and mistakenly took it to the wrong base.

vw_jedi likes this.
  14. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm not going to lie. I threw a game of cargo on Bespin so it would end. Was 2/2, had 70 something kills, about 30 minutes in. Was at the cargo site and declined to shoot their carrier. Oops...

That mode needs a timer bad.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I have a question, where do you purchase crates? I thought I had read that you would be able to purchase the crates, albeit cosmetic loot only, with credits. Are credits only used towards unlocking new DLC characters/vehicles now?

16. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Considering the cosmetics aren't even in the game yet, seems a bit early to be asking.

17. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I understand all the criticisms.

As someone who bought the Elite Trooper Edition on PC for super-cheap and played about 150 hrs pre-update, I’m having a TON of fun. Easier to not feel ripped off since I got it on the cheap and the patch came so soon after I started playing.

I wouldn’t bash anyone who quit the game or is still upset with EA for their initial approach. I respect that response.

But man... not gonna lie: I love this game.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  18. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    This may have been clarified for you, but just in case: we’ll be able to convert crafting parts in April.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought cosmetics include emotes and victory stances.

20. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    There will be no purchaseable crates at all. Emotes and victory poses will be awarded through completion of milestones and challenges.

In fact, since the update you probably noticed receiving a whole bunch of crates with these lesser cosmetic items. These were awarded to you retroactively for the challenges that pre-update would have given you a star card crate.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  21. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    So just like the possibility to get a rare star card previously, could it be said that there's a rare chance for a cosmetic from the daily crate under this new system?

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Do emotes for Iden actually work now? Even though I have 2 equipped I could never get them to work with her before. The other characters I have them for worked fine though.

23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I don't have any Emotes for Iden (I rarely use her), but I can say my Emotes for Leia don't work. First one I got worked for like a week or two, but that was months ago.
    Now they just don't function.

I also have two emotes on Chewbacca, only one of which works. Don't know what's up with that.

24. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Iden is god now on open maps.

25. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Finally finished the 5 rounds jump pack cargo for the Leia Hoth skin. I will never play that mode again if I can avoid it.

B99 likes this.