main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    They sound interesting glitches, but nothing beats getting rewarded the crate, then opening it to finding nothing in it.

2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That hasn't happened the me yet so far as I know. Though I used to save up 20-30k then buy a bunch of hero crates at $2,200 credits a pop, open them all quickly in succession, and really not look in them. I was only after the crafting parts. I'd sort out the cards and other stuff later. So in theory it's totally possible I've been given empty crates and didn't notice.

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The empty crates thing is a bug with the latest skins (eg, Rodian Officer skin and Han Solo). I think they forgot to sort out the icon for it, but you still get the skin in your Collection.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Honestly this game gives me a headache... Just wanted to play couple rounds of Galactic Ass.. But no avoiding two long boring games of Kashyyk

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    vw_jedi likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't even played the game in about a week or so. I'm sorry, the inclusion of the hoth skins for the OT characters as well as the Rodian isn't enough incentive for me these days to play it fairly routinely.

vw_jedi and B99 like this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    And still holding back on a roadmap or any thing on what's coming..

5 months later.

No DLC.(Besides a rushed Cargo mode and recycled map..
    No Stats.
    No word on what's coming except April cosmetic update..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    vw_jedi likes this.
  8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I had hope for this game, dammit. And every time time they take a step in the right direction, they manage to mess it up in the long run. The progression system is nice and all, but I have little need for it this far out.

vw_jedi and B99 like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah.. Maybe a month after release.. What really makes me mad is if in fact we are getting Season2, which I doubt.. It'll be Solo... And we will have to wait another 6 months for CW..

vw_jedi and Mr. Forest like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If it's just using the new spinoff story as a marketing tool (similar to what BF 2015 did with the TFA DLC), that won't really be an incentive for me to get back into the game. What, are they going to offer younger skins of Han and Chewie that you have to go through the motions of playing modes and/or meeting milestones to collect? Yipee.

B99 likes this.
  11. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    The problem DICE seems to be unable to avoid is that if you're taking 2 steps back for every 1 step forward, you're only moving backwards.

A very obvious example of their constant regression is the fact that each patch implemented to fix glitches brings new glitches.

But a less obvious fact to consider is that all the "new" things implemented in the past month or so have quite literally been steps back as well. Hoth skins, Rodian skin, Bespin map, all ports from the previous game. The new progression system, while a step in the right direction imo, is more or less the old progression system from BF 2015 as well.

If all the positive changes they implement are either based on BF 2015 or are literally taken directly from BF 2015, then they're not moving forward.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  13. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    She's spot on about everything she said. When it comes to triple-a games now in days, I feel I could just skip most of them because they are either the exact same game I played ten years ago or they miss the point entirely of their respective franchises.

vw_jedi likes this.
  14. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    If anyone has an Xbox One, both original games have been announced for its Backwards Compatibility.
    I... Goodbye EA games.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That’s incredible news.

vw_jedi likes this.
  16. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I will still play BFII for Starfighter Assault alone, but I will end up playing the original games from here until new DLC releases.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does that include online multiplayer?

18. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    No, the servers where taken down a few years agao. Also good news republic commando, Kotor 2 Jedi star fighter and Jedi academy are also going backwards compatible

19. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Unless the servers are reinstated, there's not gonna be any online. I hope new servers can be added for them however, just like the PC version of Battlefront 2.

20. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I loved Republic Commando back in the day. Still have a PC copy. Would love to try it on a console, but I'm on ps4 not Xbox. Oh well...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ewok mode.. Eh.... There's your new content you've all been waiting 5 months for..

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's some description about the upcoming content involving the Ewoks. I don't know; something about Stormtroopers vs. Ewoks sounds a little one-sided to me.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/13/ewoks-star-wars-battlefront-2-update/

Edit: (with a better article). Looks like there's a few new hero skins being added. Gee, a helmet-less Iden. Not exactly what I was looking for; but I guess it's a start. Hopefully the cost with crystals isn't expensive.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  24. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Well, this is the kind of communication I wanted to see with the previous game already.

What they've done most recently (revamped progress system), what's up next (Night on Endor imminent), what's in the future (Season 2 next month). There's even a description of what kind of content updates they mean to be adding going forward.

I still maintain that people can live with a lack of new content so long as they're kept in the loop of what is going on. When you don't communicate with the people, they'll get angry. When your responses come and are vague non-committals instead of answers, more anger ensues. Then you add some little new thing into the game to appease the players, hoping for it to be a fun event, they'll get even angrier, feeling insulted. And when you finally add something bigger, and it isn't what the players have spent this entire time clamouring for, something's going to blow up. After all, they spent this whole time dreaming up awesome content that would be fun to have since the devs weren't talking.

Not really surprised to see the reactions. :) I liked the update and its contents well enough myself. I'm just hoping this is the level of information we're going to get regularly going forward instead of falling back to the long silences.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Vague responses may not necessarily be a product of the game's producers themselves; but the some otherwise lazy reporting. I switched the original article I posted out for another one with more details.