main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    If Dice is to work on Battlefront 3, EA needs to suck it up and give them 3-5 years to develop the next entry. They can't rush a massive multiplayer Star Wars game like this to market again. It clearly shows in the quality of both Battlefront 1 and 2 how unfinished and threadbare they are. There's a LOT of work to be done to salvage the player/consumer relationship. I imagine they have to know that after their talking to by Disney, but still. Let's hope the message stuck.

vw_jedi and coervus like this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm of two minds about that. While it does take me out of the game a bit seeing heroes in eras they shouldn't be in, I play as Iden, Han or Finn whenever I can because they're the only heroes I'm good with so limiting them would be a bit annoying.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well there are some heroes that could span across multiple eras (i.e Chewie, to a lesser degree Han and Yoda). Iden/Rey are my mains; but of course I'd compromise with others depending on the era if they went that route.

4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Honestly, with as small as the roster is in this game, limiting hero choice even further sounds like a bad idea.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I assume they'll be expanding the roster eventually. If you think about it, up until this point, the only new heroes introduced between both BF 2015 and BF 2017 have been Jyn, Krennic, Rey, Kylo, and Iden.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Add this glitch to the list..

game won't let you spawn In at times. Countdown clock will go to zero and you will go back to class menu..

vw_jedi likes this.
  7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Add Finn and Phasma to that list. And I really hope they do. They have several character from BF1 that still haven't made the jump, which is kind of shocking. I miss Jyn.

8. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Yep, this is one I ran into last night. I was playing Strike with a friend who got the game recently. Lots of fun matches, but this glitch was nasty when it showed up. We ended up being farmed by the other team where we spawned, since we couldn't do that reliably.

B99 likes this.
  9. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I've experienced two spawning glitches recently.

The one you've described, where it counts down and instead of spawning into the game you return to the class selection menu, have to select again, and count down again.

Worse though is I've gotten stuck on the countdown screen. There's no actual countdown, just the screen. You can hear some gameplay audio, but not spawn or return to the previous menu. And the respawn feature is greyed out in options. Basically you have to just turn the game off and restart.

B99 likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Sad it takes months yo fix these glitches

11. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Worse yet is that many will likely never be fixed. Just like BF 2015.

Don't know if you follow the BF Reddit, but if you do you likely know that recently a person made a post describing a very loose "roadmap" of what was coming in the next few months. Now of course always take rumors with a grain of salt. But, and big BUT, this person was 100% accurate regarding what content was coming for the Solo season.

So that said I'm inclined to give some benefit of the doubt the them on their other disclosures. One of which being there are many bugs the devs are aware of, but have no idea how to fix. They also have no plans to fix them or even try banking on the fact that like BF 2015, people will eventually just stop asking after a while. Lol... No kidding!

I encourage anyone who hasn't read that reddit post to head to the Battlefront Reddit and check it out.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  12. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Another round of Strike, another get breaking glitch. It's impossible to play this mode if you can't see the package on the map. This game is TRASH.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I went to a book signing with Ashley Eckstein last night, and it was on the tip of my tongue to ask her if there was a possibility she'd voice Ahsoka for BF2; but I didn't. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

vw_jedi likes this.
  14. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    OoOOooo lucky. I love Ashley. That's cool you had a chance to meet her.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I posted pictures in the Ahsoka thread of the TV forums.

Mr. Forest and QsAssistant like this.
  16. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Well encountered a new glitch today. On endor in HvV the enemy Boba could get above the map. Lovely.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Isn't that what he could always do with the jetpack?

18. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    This problem came back? I thought this stuff was fixed months ago!

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    If he could it's never happened to me before. There were two boba's and a bossk that just sat up at the top of the map the whole match. It was incredibly frustrating. You don't get anything for winning, so I don't know why they'd bother. Finishing a match with like a couple hundred in score with the other team quitting out seems like a waste of time to me.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh well I'll vouch for that. I've been involved in games where teammates just quit.

21. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Just played the worst match of strike ever. Spawning was all screwed up. Repeated glitch where the 10 second count down would happen, but rather than spawn into the game, you go back to class selection. But the new thing was it would happen 3 times in a row before you actually spawned into the game. So 30 plus seconds to get back in rather than 10. Then when you did spawn it was right into the middle of the other teams crossfire. Game was not compensating for their advance to our forward spawn point. So you had zero chance, then back to the spawn glitch.

Worst Star Wars game in history.

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    They need to just get rid of the spawn countdown.. It's pointless.. waste of time to spawn with someone.. No benefit at all..

vw_jedi likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You mean just spawn immediately after you die? I'd imagine then you'd really get some never-ending matches.

24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How so?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it's as if no one ever really dies. If one side is slaughtering another, they should get an edge to completing their objective.

B99 likes this.