main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    In all fairness BF 2015 had partner spawning. You could be in a 1v1 gunfight with someone and then it literally became 2v1 instantaneously. I'm not saying that it's a good thing, or that i want to see partner spawns in this game. Just that there really doesn't need to be a 10 second delay at all, and that it likely wouldn't cause never ending matches if they got rid of it.

Not to mention, the 10 seconds is really to facilitate a 4 person squad spawning together. But the squad system is utterly useless. Therefore the 10 second wait is useless as well.

If it were actually meant to be some sort of penalty then it wouldn't make sense for some people to only have a 1 or 2 second wait if they are the final person added to a 4 person squad.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    B99 likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If they gave more of an incentive to sticking with a squad - beyond just some more battle points - then it wouldn't necessarily be useless.

3. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    For sure. The squad system in it's current state feels like an unfinished idea that never quite came to fruition.

B99 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's only worthwhile if you're in a friends' party with at least three other people. Otherwise I don't even know what it's true intentions were; some sort of matchmaking strategy within the game?

5. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Unfortunately even being in a party together does not guarantee you will be in the same squad. It doesn't even cause you to spawn near each other. It's annoying when playing Galactic Assault with a friend to not really see them most of the match. You just see their outline in the distance from time to time. Maybe catch up by the final phase.

While I had some issues with the old partner spawn system of BF 2015, at least it allowed you to partner with a friend and play the map together.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  6. PaleOrcAzog

PaleOrcAzog Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2017
    Which has the more active online community? Im thinking about re installing one of them. Xbox one versions.

Also is the original (xbox) battlefront 2 have a active xbox one community?

7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    In regards to Battlefront 2(2005) I don't believe there is an active Xbox one online community. The game is playable offline only (the original version of Xbox live that the game used shut down many years ago). Only on PC is online multiplayer still available.

8. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Not sure the Solo season could be any more underwhelming.

B99 likes this.
  9. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    The new coat of paint that came with today's patch is a treat. Faster loading times also help make the overall experience more pleasant. Nothing new that will make unsatisfied players come back, obviously, but for those of us who like the game for what it is, this update is a nice, nice upgrade.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  10. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    How much of a difference with the load times? Or have the comically bad load-times between each match still not been touched? Waiting on the update to download, but it's a slow one.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The faster loading times are good but the update seems to have made the game a bit unresponsive. Don't know if anyone else has this problem but it wouldn't surprise me.

12. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Those load times are fast. But yeah, it definitely seems like other areas have suffered from it. The slight unresponsiveness being one of them.

13. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    I can't be precise but I'd be surprised if any loading times were longer than, say, 30 seconds. That includes quitting to the main menu. The difference to loading times pre-patch feels huge.

14. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Yeah, I'm surprised at how quick it is. A real plus point. Now all they need to do is fix a few things they've broken.

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I just want a prequel season. I expect there is more to come for this season, and they're just holding back until the movie is out. But I just don't care for it.
    A new Galactic Assault map would be good, but the era's are already very lopsided in favor of the OT.

Also; has their been a recently been a large influx of noobs in BFII? Cause I keep getting awful teams that get massacred no matter what I do. I think I've won one, maybe two games of galactic assault in the last week because my teammates aren't picking up the slack. I can't be everywhere at once! It's frustrating.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wait.. This is a Solo season?? You sure?

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Playing Galactic Ass is the most unemployable mode I've ever played...

18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Rumor has it a prequel season, well at least a Geonosis map, is coming after August.

Of course that's an unofficial leak. But the source of that leak also leaked the details of the Solo season in advance and was 100% accurate. So there's a possibility the Geonosis stuff is true as well.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I heard something similar. While the idea of another sand map makes me hesitate, the catacombs could be fun, and the hero's are long overdue.

20. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I hear you regarding another "sand map." But at the same time I'm always happy to see any map that represents an iconic large battle from the movies. Hoping it turns out to be true.

Regarding your other question about a recent influx of noobs, I've definitely been seeing a lot of low level players the past few weeks. Been some good deals on the game lately, so I assume many people who were put off initially by either the loot box fiasco, reviews, or just AAA pricing may have finally taken the plunge.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Any thoughts on the big leak making the rounds? From what i've seen, quite a few points outlined there already happened, so it's being treated as legit right now.

22. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    I apologize for any stupid questions, as I haven't played online on consoles due to having a low amount of Wi-Fi (50 GB a month), but how many megabytes does one hour of Battlefront 2 online (Galactic Assault) take?

Also, another dumb question, but you do have to have all of the updates to play online, correct? I have missed a lot of updates, and have still been able to play offline, but I don't think I have enough Wi-Fi to catch up on all of the updates.

23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Came across a couple new bugs today. First I tried out Starfighter assault arcade (Don't usually do arcade, and am ambivalent towards Starfighter assault, but I figure if they give us new content I should at least try one round.).
    It was simply unworkable. Spawned, crashed into an invisible wall instantly. Spawned, crashed into an invisible wall. Spawned, and I couldn't even see the map! I just flew around blind, and apparently didn't crash into anything. Spent the rest of the match that way. I only did one round, but if this is a common bug they'll certainly have to fix it fast to satisfy those who are in to arcade.

Next in Galactic assault my stats didn't appear at the end of the match. Just a sign saying its over and I need to wait for the next round. No ranking either, which I found to be irritating. Happened two rounds in a row, so I don't know how far I progressed in any of the units I played.

24. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Im not sure if this affects how much Wi-Fi is used, but in relation to my last post, I had gotten my PS4 in 2014.

25. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I certainly felt the influx of new players a day or so when I last played. It was so bad that the other team managed to blow up the MTT's with little resistance. Then with Takodana I got put into the team with the most experienced players and quickly pushed through all three phases.
    Hopefully the new players manage to pick up the gameplay quick.