main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    After playing some horribly unfun games trying to get back into the main menu and get once again the infinite black screen .

2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    PS4. The servers were better last time I played just now. Overall I’m liking the game and it’s a fun SW experience. I wish we could choose maps though.

Ahsoka's Tano and heels1785 like this.
  3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I have multiple times on ps4 since they implemented that new matchmaking test a week or so ago. I'm not sure if the test is still going on. But for whatever reason I've been placed in empty lobbies, or lobbies without enough players to start a match at least once per session.

4. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I dig how they implement the classic heroes in the solo campaign (Luke, Leia and Han). It really adds something to the saga even if it’s just a video game. Luke hunting for relics and being a wise and powerful young man. Leia on her mother’s home world leading troops. Han with a beard and chilling with Maz. It builds a bridge to the ST in subtle but satisfying ways.

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Well after struggling to fix BF2 on PC I decided to just boot up my PS4 copy. First time I’ve played in months. As buggy and neglected as this game is...god I love it. Extraction on Kessel is awesome. Crait is back in rotation apparently so hopefully I can get a game tomorrow.

themoth likes this.
  6. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Played as Maul and Kylo earlier. Love them both. Implementing all the eras into these games should be a requirement.

7. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    All eras is nice as an option. I enjoy all the eras of SW, so playing in them is cool.

However cross era in a is disturbing and immersion breaking to me. I hate seeing Kylo Ren surrounded by Federation battle droids carrying Rebellion blasters while they storm Geonosis and obliterate Clone Troopers carrying Resistance blasters led by Rey and OT Lando.

B99 likes this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Honestly I want them to lean into cross era stuff. I loved the two cross era missions in the story mode for BFII, and would love to be able to select that whenever I want

themoth likes this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I never bought the game. After seeing Solo I was a little interested. There was so much cool stuff in the movie. The train heist or the trenches of Mimban all would've been so fun to play. If BF2 had those I might've bought it. But nope- just Kessel, one of the most boring scenes in the movie. I'll pass.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    How would they have recreated the train heist scene in a Multiplayer map? It's not like it was a huge battle with dozens of soldiers on either side.

11. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Cross era in the campaign was on purpose to create cohesion in the story to the movies, books, etc.

Cross era in mp is because the game was rushed to market. And when it arrived it was such a cluster F the devs wound up spending all their time fixing bugs and balancing the game rather than implementing enough heroes to have era correct game play.

They blather about Canon mattering as the reason why character customization is limited. Yet have Darth Maul running around on Jakku fighting Alden Han.

12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I dunno. There was a (og)BFII mod that had a train map. It worked really well. An actual heist probably wouldn't work, but a simple train map would make for a fun battle.

vncredleader likes this.
  13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I agree that the canon excuse for a lack of customization is obnoxious, but I still feel like at the very least the option (even if just in arcade) should be there to do cross era battles.

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Sad people on yt act like this little patch is a big drop..

15. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, either the patch screwed up credits earned in some way, or they have decided to be very skimpy with credits to funnel players toward crystals.

B99 and Kynirin like this.
  16. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    There's something about it in the "Known issues" section of the patch notes. On the End-of-Round screen, the credits you've earned doesn't include the bonus you would get from being on the winning team. You should be getting the right sum in any case. I'm not sure if that's all there's to it, though, as someone on Reddit said they got only 75 credits and were the top player on their team. If you add a hundred credits to that from the victory, the number seems pretty low still.

I also looked at the daily milestone objective thing, and they all seemed to be giving 500 credits now. It's been 1000 credits before as far as I can remember, so the drop is noticeable (not that 500 credits is particularly much in this or that direction). I haven't seen any statements about reducing those rewards either.

Clearly there's something going on with the credits across the board. I was sort of hoping they would actually increase it some... For example, that daily crate as it has been so far, is pretty silly.

vw_jedi likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Came to say the exact same thing. This is insane .not even getting half of what i was..

vw_jedi likes this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Palpatine's being removed from the game temporarily, while they fix him. I ran into one on Jakku last weekend, didn't work out so well.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    lololol

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Another example of fix one thing, break couple others. These are professional devs??

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I played the Heroes ships mode for the first time tonight and stunk at it. Was Slave 1 first then Iden's TIE. It's not fun when you're flying around trying to chase enemies and everything's a blur for the entire round. Maybe if they offered an offline "practice" mode in Arcade I could get more used to the ships and find my favorite Main.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Technically there already is a practice mode in Arcade. Just use the toggles to go to Starfighter TDM [or whatever they called it] and turn the battle point system to free-for-all or heroes only. The enemy fighters will still be normal ships, but it gives a good change to get the feel for the hero ships. Or you could go Starfighter Onslaught if you want a challenge.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering I hardly ever get to use the hero ships I'll go with the "practice" mode in Arcade.

24. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Who is everyone’s favourite character to play as? Myself, I always enjoy Kylo. Yoda is pretty fun too.

25. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Maul. Always Maul.