main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Dec 10, 2005.

1. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Some people in the Battlefront 2 topic have been talking about how number 3 should be if one ever comes out. Lets start with new additions to the game that you would like to see.

1. More Factions!!! Lets go back to the Mandorlian n Sith wars and go forward to the Vunsang Vong wars along with the clone wars and the OT wars!

2. More than one hero on each side for a map! (ex. Palpatines office with Sease Tiin and Kit fisto for the clones and General Grievous and Count Dooku for the seps)

3. More Maps! I would really like to see more than one map per planet for some planets like Coruscant. I would also like to see inside of the Naboo palace, the Millenium Falcon, Dantooine, Korribian, and a abandoned Star Destroyer.

4. One more class for each faction

5. Costomizable Classes, make it so the more points you make online and offline, the more options you can have for creating your class, usable for only 1 faction online and offline.

6. More Heroes.

Thats all I can think of on the top of my head, post what you would like to see in another Battlefront sequel.

2. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I would like to see a progressive aspect to the game, rather like of Battlefield 2, where the player can unlock better weapons and new commands.

Vehicles are my main bug bear with BF2, they aren't balanced and that annoys me.

A larger OT storyline for single player and a choice of going either Imp or Reb with a career mode would be nice.

3. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Aircraft on landmaps (yeah we had it in BF 1.. why didn't they include it in BF 2? No idea). Bigger maps (and I mean a lot bigger)
    Better graphics.
    A reworked space combat mode.
    A Jedi-Knight series based hero mode.
    More fractions (Sith and Jedi sound very good IMO)
    More units on the field (64 AIs per fraction).

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't see anything that's needed for BFIII that can't be put on an expansion pack instead.

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    An excellent point Guff !

6. kgray

kgray Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Id like to see more usage of the Heros. and it would be cool To Have something like the Arena battle of Geonosis, where you pretty much have an entire army of Jedi! but maybe the Jedi fighting could be a lil more than hackin and slashin and more like RotS. I would think that a Force Push for some of the Jedi Should apply to the Tanks as Well.

Honestly though the best thing would be for Battlefront and Rogue Squadron to Join Forces cuz man it Sucks to get out of the Cockpit in RSIII but it has so much potiential.

7. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Seamless transition. Ground-space. Hop in a ship on the ground go out to space and be in a huge space battle. With a next gen system, this could be possible. It would even be ok if it had loading times. I guess maybe more added to space combat. Being able to land on all ships. More maps. Better graphics. Maybe seperate story lines. Republic, CIS, Empire and Rebel story lines. Expand maps. Improve AI.

I think the major change would have to be seamless transition from ground to space. It would be revolutionary.

8. DroidGeneral

Jun 22, 2005
    \]

Well PS3s and Xbox 360s don't have "expansion packs".

9. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    All that would be soooo cool.

Sccrman95

10. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    And better Online play.

11. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    I agree with most of what NightHunter319 said, there should be more factions. I would like to see more heros such as Durge or Ventress though because in BF2 the CIS only had about 5 heros

12. jedigamer567

jedigamer567 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    It would be cool if the game had maps that let you go straight from the ground into a space battle by jumping into an x-wing or something.

13. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    belive it or not, before i heard about BF 2, I desighned a game (just a few maps) and it had all that in it, i did this Rhen Var Harbour map with a Star Destroyer instead of the AT-AT and i gave the rebels a hanger filled with all sorts of fighters, some of the maps i made were very similar to those in BF 2

14. DroidGeneral

Jun 22, 2005
    Yea.. "seamless transition". I mentioned that.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    My number 1 suggestion - mix and match classes. You decide how many engineers, snipers, heavy troopers etc you have on the field.

16. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    I think there should be more comands, such as focusing fire or entering a particular vehicle

17. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    No playable Jedi. Heroes, yes. Jedi, no.

A decent flight engine for space, and hopefully ground too. Not the same one for both, and not the one currently used. Look at XWA, Freespace, or even Galaxies for the engine.

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Blasted script error. Double post.

19. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    OK...this one is going to be long:

1. Ships on ground maps, said it before and I will say it until I am blue in the face....strafing and bombing are why I got so into BF1. Bombing on Platorms and Islands wiih the Y-Wing, strafing with the Vulture...nothing is more fun! there weren't enough maps like that in BF1, so what do they do, they elimintated them all together cuz some noobs cryied about getting owned!
    2. More maps, bring back both Bespins, and Rhen Vars, add Cato Nemodia, Selucami, Senate, Coroscaunt space battle!
    3. Rework Kayshyyk, needs to be much larger with Driod Gunships and Wookie Catamarans and Ornithopters, it needs to be more of a island vs island battle, no connecting land piece, with landed cruisers at each end as bases for aircraft. Basically, needs to be a beach assault type map, more naval and aerial than infantry based.
    4. Geonosis arena is a must, new Geonosis needs to be scrapped, old on was much more like the movie, just needed to be bigger and Geo without Beak wings and Rep Gunshipss is just wrong! Multiple AT-TE's and both large and small spider droids.
    5. Lose Yavin, or just start over and try something new, this same one was never good IMO and it is old now.
    6. Fighters to Kamino, need Jedi starfighters and Slave's, maybe even some underwater action.
    7. Felucia, too much green....and Acklays don't belong there either, if you are going to try to add animals to every map fine, but then add them to every map, even in multiplayer online action.
    8. Tatoonie/Mose Eilsy should be a mix of the first 2 from BF1, Mos eisly city surrounded by desert and of course fighters to fly in.
    9. Death Star is the first map that should be made transitional from ground to space, very easy if you think about it, just like the space maps now, but a very large ship interior....but you need to have an outside battle as well flying the trench trying to or stop the enemy from hitting the exhaust port.
    10. More animals, Geo arena should have all three from the movie, Felucia needs gound beetles for transports, Tatooine needs Banthas or those big Brachiasauras looking things, Dagobah needs more water like a real swamp and those evil whale things cruising around, Hoth should always have Wompas, some maps you have to use your imagination, but it shouldn't be ahrd with the EU to draw from.
    11. Mygeeto should be more of a night time map, walkers instead of the stupid made up combat speeders that totally took over the vehicles for BF2. Speeders should be useed sparingly when you have to fill in the gaps the movies left with certain maps.
    12. Loose Theed, rework it so that it is a mix of Theed, Palace and plains, like have a hangar and a waterfall like in the movie over looking a plain were you could have and open ground tank infantry air support battle. It should really be an assault the city type of map.
    13. PS2 wise, LA totally misadvertised this game, you can still only have 4 players online when you host your own game, still no reinforcements, terrible job improving on the previous online experience, thank god for PC hosted servers or this game would be worthless!
    14. Ability to transition form grounf to space battles would be a paradigm shift, but I will not hold my breath, ideally, i.e. Naboo, you have the option of transitioning from both battles, you have to win both to take the board, say you destroy the Driod control ship, ground driods lose reinforcements or health.
    15. Jedi battle on all maps, not just Mos Eisly, I mean come on, what were you guys thinking? Got boring in two seconds.
    16. Even out the force powers some what, Villians need a force pull badly, don't have two heroes on the same team with the exact same force power, mis it up a little. (Speaking of, has anyone found any cool special powers like Mace's power punch into the ground when he lands?) Guys like the Emperor and Yoda should be able to toss vehicles! Bring in Kit Fisto Aseja Ventress or however you spell it. Durge would definetly be cool and how about the Icthorean Jedi from CW cartoon series

20. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    They shoudn't keep the fragfest maps, like Polis Massa and Tantive 4, they are plain annoying when you have Jedi running around.

They should add new planets and space stations to the game. For instance they could have Outland station from Bounty Hunter with space combat outside, or make completely new planets.

21. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    there should be an officer class in space battles to man the station in the bridge and operate the ship shuch as moveing it which would require a few people and an extandeble air lock so marine can walk into enemy ships intead of being blasted into deep space before they lay a fooy in the ship and ships themself should have maps inside rather than a hanger leadeing to a room with all that is need to be destroyed inside. And the bridge crew should also be able to do bombbardment on the planet insted of waitng for recon droids and there shold be(iknow everyone siad it but)Transitions from space to ground or grond to space and the capital ships should go up next to each other so the guns can actually hit the other like in episode three.

Thats all i can think of..
    thank you for your time[face_coffee]

EDIT: the space battle should effect ther ground battle.

22. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Yes and no, I agree, lose Polis Massa, map is a waste of disc space IMO...but you have to keep the Tantive, just expand it, there needs to be both Tantive and Star Destroyer interior, give the rebels a shot.

All rebels outposts are on the Tantive and all Empire ones are on their ship, make one big choke point (ala hallway in BF1 Cloud City) where the Emp has burned through the door, from then on it is up to the rebels to hold the choke point and the Emp to breach it.

Plus an accompying space battle outside. Rebels have to go after the tractor beam and the emp has to go after the main reactor in a space battle, but make them one and the same map!

Better yet, have the maps start out as a space battle, tantive running from the Empire, if the Rebel fighter pilots are that good, the SD never gets to dock with it, if the EMp fighters take out the main reactor, boom, you are in the tractor beam then everyone has to try to get to the hallway choke point before the enmp starts to burn through, then let the infatry fight begin.

The battles need to be like the movie but give you the opportuntiy to What if. I think that is what most poeple playing the BFs are looking for, a chance to relive those battles and see if they could have made them go differently if they were there. If you get too deep in the EU you will lose the fans who only like canon vs EU. Fact is only the movies and the CW cartoon are considered cannon, a lot off the stuff int he EU can contradict the movies. If you need new maps, CW cartoon has more than enough. IMO

23. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Also, make Besbin Cloud city the way it is in the movies! Large interior, carbon freezing chamber, not like the Besbin maps in BF1

24. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    yes sir!

25. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah, Bespin should take the best of both maps and make just one big one! Have two citiees like cloud city, but with platforms on the outside and an open connecting one like platforms! Hallway battles, open air sniping and strafing all in one, underground rushing, beautiful map!