main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Dec 10, 2005.

1. CT-770492A3

CT-770492A3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2009
    D:
    I'll have to go try it again this weekend, see if my area still has people who play...

Also to see if I can still use Deeces effectively. :)

2. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I agree with whoever said Heroes suck. Take them out.

3. Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk

Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2009
    Do we have any news on rumors?

4. You_know_me

You_know_me Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2010
    Is this game dead?

5. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Most certainly, or at least probably, not. Don't worry, it'll come out in due time.

6. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    Though at this rate, it would probably be faster for me to make it myself.

Except LucasArts would probably sue me directly afterward. LOL

7. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    And not to mention yours probably wouldn't be any good. Sooooooo... ;)

8. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    But what if I do actually program and make decent games?

(Which I do...generally. :p)

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Oh, I'm not saying you can't program. In fact my best friend [my age] programs, and he makes decent, little games. I'm just saying you wouldn't be able to program a game ass good as a large group of professionals over at Lucasarts, with a budget of a couple million. :)

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I donno about that. I've downloaded alot of instant action maps from filefront for BF2 that beat the pants off anything that originally came with the game. Plus you have Project Reality for Battlefield 2 (it made the game, you know, NOT SUCK) and the KOTOR restoration program. Granted, neither was one guy toiling away in his basement, but neither were they produced by a multi-million-dollar gaming company.

11. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    The game didn't suck by any means before project reality came along!

And I don't know if you realize this, but all those were just mods: very, very simple mods. Not any modding in the programming in fact: just maps and skins. Purely 3D modeling. Not programming. There's a large difference.
    Sure, someone and a team of people without a large budget can do some wicke modeling. I mean, one person can do amazing models of maps and re-skins and what not, but to actually program a game of the SWBF caliber... yeah, one person with a budget of zero could not do it.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Question is, was it ever really a go?

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Hate to break it to you, but BF2 was a crap game. Thank god games like that have mostly died off now. And yes, Project Reality is the only thing that ever made it good.

Irregardless of whether it's "just skins" or not, I'd say it shows that the potential is there for gamers to make better games that are a hell of a lot more rewarding than alot of what comes out of studios these days.

14. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol, hate to break it to you, but BFT was not crap. :p And If you realy think that way, why, might I ask, are you even here? o_O Also, games like that have not died out at all. In fact they are some of the most popular games out there.
    Ever heard of FPS's?...
    And if you think the game was crap, Project Reality wouldn't have made it any better. No game play was changed. Just skins, therefore, same game. Just new maps, and different look characters.
    Did I ever dispute the fact that gamers can do some good and cool stuff? No. o_O :rolleyes:
    All I said is that one, or a few people with a small budget, would not be able to pull off a game that size, never mind even begin to program it.

15. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    BF3 sorely needs 'Pandemic' resurrected to make it in any way decent - or the employment of some of Pandemics hard-done-by talent. In any case I really hope we have an asteroid space battle, a wampa attack on Hoth and a few in-jokes - you have to be able to play as Lumpy, Bea Arthur or Art Carney, surely?!

16. Imperial_Remnant

Imperial_Remnant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    Do we really need Pandemic. I mean, they made BF2 and that wasn't as updated as it could have been. Looking at what Free Radical was up to before it got pulled off was somewhat promising, especially the part where you could go from planet to space without a loading screen. I'm just saying Pandemic can't be the ONLY one who can revive BF2. Thoughts?

17. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    I LOVE BATTLEFRONT. I hope they do decide to make a third one.

18. GreyJedi23

GreyJedi23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    The last time I read up on B3 I heard it was in development hell. Of course that was like two years ago so I don't know what the current situation is.

19. kastoria-12

kastoria-12 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2010

Im so sick of this and I love the game so much i typed this in an hour

Dear Lucas Arts,
    Please do not simply discard this letter, for I feel it is critical for the future of Lucas Arts and The Battlefront series. I am not an extreme star wars fan, but I have seen all the movies and love the series. I am a sophomore in High school and have played a lot of video games. I enjoy video games, but also enjoy playing high school football and being with friends. I am not what some people consider a "nerd", but I do love video games and have played a lot of them. I am writing this letter because I feel this is a cause which I cannot possibly ignore. I also own all of the Star wars Battlefront games, and consider them among the greatest games ever made. I have been a Star Wars Battlefront fan for many years now. I consider it to be one of the best games I have ever played, and thoroughly enjoyed the series. It has been a few years since the last battlefront came out, and I still will go back to play battlefront 2 on occasion despite the fact that I own an Xbox 360 and most of today?s popular games. Star wars battlefront was a game i could have endless fun with, playing with my friends or brothers for hours on end. Now that new games like call of duty and Halo are out, I do find these games to be great, but nothing will match battlefront. While I also consider Halo as one of the best games of all time (as I'm sure many star wars fans do due to their similarity), there is no new game that fills the role battlefront once did. If developers did the bare minimum as to make the same exact game as Star Wars battlefront 2 was made with a new, more fluid engine and great graphics the game would be a top seller. Of course, this would not make the game one of the best of all time, and that is what Battlefront 3 has earned the title to become. Although I'm sure sequels have been considered and possibly have been in early development stages, this game must come out eventually. I awaited this sequel a year after battlefront 2 came out, but hope was lost as the years passed. I have played Lord Of The Rings: Conquest, and although it is a fun game, the engine and game play used for that game should definitely not be used for battlefront. In order for this game to be the extraordinary game people have been waiting for, here are some things the community wants, I personally want, my friends want, and consumers will want. If this game must come out on the Xbox 360's predecessor, then that's what happens, but this game must come out. This is what battlefront 3 should be in order to be truly one of the best (If not the best) games of all time:

This games look and feel should be very similar to Killzone 2 in an epic, fluid, crystal clear way. High frames per second, great graphics, fluid movement. Killzone 2 is a great model for the game in almost every aspect other than vehicle game play and the lack of a 3rd person option. The fine details will set this game apart. Running effects like that in Gears of War where the edge of the screen fades and camera shakes (and similar 3rd person camera as gears). Possibly have the whole camera shake for a while when explosions go of, have the character stumble to get up. Have vehicle boarding just like in Halo 3. Assassinations just like in Halo Reach, and possibly hand to hand fighting instead of a simple and unrealistic knife or melee button (like in the Bourne Conspiracy game). These things have largely not been seen in the Star wars Genre and will bring it into every gamers collection, not just a star wars fan. Have battles take place on a variety of environments, space, Endor, Hoth, and new environments mentioned in the star wars archives but not yet fully seen. Some battles should be epic on a scale never seen before; large open spaces with sparse cover: maybe a broken wall or vehicle. Huge open fields or hills with enemies mounting positions on both sides, or charging at each other much like it was represented in the Clone wars: episode 2 at Genosis. To make these epic set battle lines, players could

20. Sex_Bob-omb

Sex_Bob-omb Jedi Knight

Sep 29, 2010
    I hope BF3 just doesn't because generic and lose it's charm.

Please have NO IRONSITES
    no PERKS.
    no regenerative health.

or any other CoD bull****.

21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    ^^ Whow. I hope you really sent that to Lucas Arts.:eek:

22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Might want to break up that wall o' text first.

I've recently bought Battlefront 2 for the PC. I had it on PS2, but it died, and I want to try some mods.

What can you guys recommend?

23. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I've allays had an idea which I've considered would be good for the RC series, but it just occurred to me that it would work for this game as well. I would really like to see the HUD's try to replicate the HUD's of the actual troopers. For example, it would have 360 degree vision [preferably with the are you would see in a standard game 'marked' as to avoid confusion as to what's in front of you] and overlayed layers/images; so there would be what your seeing going on [the usual screen], than the map, and text messages, alerts, ammo, armor health/damage, etc... and the likes, all overlayed on top of each other, all translucent, and arranged on different part of the screen.
    I think that would really add a huge layer of depth,and help to make it unique and awesome. Of course some people might really not like that, but you could easily add in the option of the normal HUD, I'd assume.

24. kastoria-12

Dec 12, 2010
    I am pretty sure its gonna be announced spring or summer of 2011
    its been rumored spark was developing the game, so a guy from star wars battlefront 3.com sent them an email and they said this...

?Everyone keeps asking. Unfortunately, our NDA?s (non-disclosure agreement) with publishers prevents us from talking about the products we work on. It?s is up the publisher and their marketing/PR engine to determine what information is given out and when. Word on that game really has to come straight from Lucas Arts. You do have to realize that publishers have a plan ? be it good or bad ? to release information. These days a publisher will typically wait to after the holidays to announce a game. They don?t want to cannibalize their holiday sales. So, it if it going to be announced, I would it will be during the announcement season of March through June.

Im sure lucas arts has realized there best selling star wars game should probably have a sequal, so its really just a matter of time in my opinion

25. kastoria-12

Dec 12, 2010
    Ya I agree, but i honestly think with technology moving so fast and with a short time to make the game, developers focus on the main gameplay and engine and all that and really forget to innovate.

If the game isnt made by 2011 we might as well make it lol