main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've recently started playing SWBF2 on the PC (again). If anything, I'm surprised by how many people are still playing it given how long it's been out. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it fills a niche that had previously been vacant. That's why there'll be a lot of money for LucasArts in any future sequels.

2. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    With Force Unleashed 3 off the table, what better does Lucas Arts have to do? We will get Battlefront 3. We'd already have it by now if Free Radical hadn't gone under.

3. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    EA just released a teaser image for Battlefield 3 and DICE has announced that the game will be running on their spankin' new Frostbite 2 engine. I expect great things from this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOR1OrDyQ9M

If Lucas Arts is wise, they should consider licensing the Frostbite 2 engine for Battlefront 3! Yes, it would be a bit ironic, but if you're going to copy Battlefield you might as well do it the best way possible. Unless, of course, Lucas Arts has access to something that would be even better when used in the context of the Star Wars franchise. I want those seamless ground to space transitions, darnit!

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Battlefront 3 (if it's ever released) will be gaming's Phantom Menace. How could it possibly live up to years of want and hype? It'll be panned for not meeting everyone's expectations and will die in a matter of months. :p

5. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Haha, true, it's quite likely our expectations will be way bigger than they should be. Of course there's always the possibility that it'll meet all our expectations and be an awsome game. Which, of course, would be the best! :p
    And I LIKE TPM, as well as the other two prequels, granted not as good as the OT, but I still there very good. So, even if it was our TPM I would be quite satisfied. :)

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ALWAYS WARN THAT YOU MEAN BATTLEFIELD 3 NOT BATTLEFRONT 3 THEY LOOK IDENTICAL ON A COMPUTER SCREEN!!!!!! If you even get my hopes up like that again I will come to your house and shove a thermal detonator down your throat! :p

Seriously though LA is rediculous, COD, Battlefield (didn't even bother finishing the trailer), halo, and Uncharted are all milking the cow bone-dry but you guys still haven't done a thing since that last gen downgarade turd of bf1: bf1.5 aka bf2.

7. Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk

Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2009
    Well, heading into a new year of swbf3 anticipation and my view of class shooters has been completely shifted, by team fortress 2.

A shake up like that, adding that many levels of strategy and diversity, (keeping the single player and enhanced graphics ofc =D) would work wonders for the game.

They have the SW universe to pick from, with over a thousand different types of possible units to include. The possibilities are endless!
    Wookie demomen, bothan spy's (too easy =D), Pyro droids, super battle droid soldiers, droideka heavy's, engineers? too easy =P.
    Maybe a little different idea. But at any rate, this coming march - june seems like an exciting time.

8. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    You play TF2 too? Awesome! Which system do you have it for [PC i s by far the best for TF" as it has all the updates- for free too :D]? If you have it for the PC we could play together =D

Anyways, whilst I think TF2 would be a very good model to take cues from, I think it needs to be more than a re-skin of TF2, which is what your describing. If that's al it was going to be, we fans could do that ourselves! =P

9. Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk

Lo0kout_4_m3_I_tk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2009
    Yes i have the steam version! =D

I agree though. I hope it wont be so much EXACTLY like tf2, but just incorporate a wider range of classes/strategies, they have got the pool of races/characters to choose from.

10. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    I always thought the BF games had too many maps, only a few were inspiring IMO. I haven't been in this thread in a while so I'm guessing what I'm about to say has been said already.

Get rid of "Earn 12 pts to unlock Chewbacca", allow every soldier to be playable at all times. Allow both eras to play any map. Simplify Galactic Conquest if you're even going to have one, it takes too long, instead of playing to win a planetery bonus, start with all bonuses and the winner of a battle chooses which one(s) the loser can't use anymore, hell just allow the player to use multiple bonuses or all of them in a battle. That's the only reason I play that mode, to use the radar scrambling, extra garrison, etc.

Do a Story Mode that lets you play the action scenes of the movies. For example, there can be a "Rescue the Chancellor" mission from ROTS that starts in space, goes inside that ship where Dooku is, fight him, etc, and land on Coruscant minimizing civilian casualties (little ships in the air and people on foot).

I liked the regeneration/weapon bonuses from BFII, and I figure they did the best they could with the Jedi/Sith. The Mos Eisley Assault mission where they fight each other and the Hoth Hunt mission of Wampas vs Rebels are good. CTF on foot and in space were nice, but the space assault where you had to destroy the ships piece by piece or whatever was just too long. What I also didn't like was the grenade delay. When I push the button in BFI it flew immediately, but in BFII there was like an annoying one second delay, get rid of that. Make everything faster. I don't know how to explain it but everything looked cleaner in BFI compared to BFII.

11. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I am thinking you're probably the minority here. I think the number of maps in BF2 was fine, (though any game should probably be compared to BF1) but hated the weapon/regenerative bonuses. Cheesy add-on. I think if there is going to be a BF3, we'll hear about it in the next few months god-willing. Though with this new head of Lucasarts...who knows?!

12. ForceJumpAnakin

Dec 24, 2006
    Oh I definetely think I am in the minority considering I don't play many shooter games. I've tried some here and there, the latest being COD MW 2, but the majority of my experience consisted of Goldeneye and this. I don't mind what they'll end up doing with the regen/weapon features next but what I appreciated was being able to hold down the shooting button as it sprayed 5 lasers at a time instead of having to tap it like a maniac the entire battle. This was especially convenient for CTF on Polis Massa being the Rebels, which is my favorite thing to do. Curiously once I reach 250 kills, the counter will go back to 0 if I kill another one. Like most people, I'm a "General", I only cared about my stats when I wanted to try all of the weapon bonuses for rebel soldier, sniper, rocket launcher, etc, but I thought it was funny for it to reset like that.

Another feature from BFII that was interesting was the ability to choose how many people can fight on the field at a time. You can actually set it to the bare minimum of you being the only soldier on the field, it's hilarious. Unfortunately you can't increase it beyond 16. It would be amazing to actually have 750 enemies on the field at once, LOL imagine those suckers in Polis Massa for instance, that would be a hellish congestion of epic proportions.

I love the map set up in BFI compared to BFII, it allows you to see the enemies at all times (except in hard mode) and not just when somebody shoots like in II. Plus, why even change your color from green to blue, it's harder to see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the white robots that regenerate your ships are missing in II. I like being able to see the healing/ammo/vehicle droids on the map, it's convenient. I also prefer the HUD/button setup in I, reload is good on square instead of the pad, the health meter and map are placed nicely, there is a numerical indicator for when your clip will empty as opposed to the stupid circle of dots that you have to squint to look at in II to determine when you should reload.

Why they changed the missile launcher from shooting 2 at a time to only 1 is beyond me. Also, I don't care for the sprint meter, just get rid of it and let us spin and boost in our ships and run on foot as much as we please. My favorite thing to do in I is be a rebel in Bespin Platforms and nade/rocket Darth Vader off a platform as much as possible, it is fun as hell because he is good at evading your attacks and cutting you off as you run away. The most I was able to kill him in one game was 5, but there is a way to increase that. All you have to do is grab a ship and land on him. You can betray Luke Skywalker this way even with Friendly Fire Off. What I also love doing is nading myself so I fly super high. I basically jump up on the ceiling of the tunnel, then from there I nade myself to land in the enemy's gun thing. Once I get in it, I shoot at ships, people, and occasionally Luke/Darth off the platform.

But what I get from other people, the number one thing we all want for III that we can agree on, is the transition from land to space in one battle. I don't care if they have to free up memory by getting rid of the other modes like rise of the empire and galactic conquest, it would be awesome if it happens.

13. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    ^The number of AI units per side can go up 32 per team on the PC (although modders seem to be able to increase this).

And I do not agree on land/space transition; there's just way too much atmosphere in between and it would be boring to move between, they could pull it off with cutscene jumps but I'm yet to either agree or disagree with those.

I do approve of land to atmosphere transitions, though.

14. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I disagree with getting rid of GQ, awful idea. That's what keeps the game alive, aside from online or what-have-you.
    But of course agree on land/space. The PS3/360 could easily handle it, and I wouldn't be against some sort of like, super sped up scene showing the transition, or a cut scene.

15. Toom_Em

Toom_Em Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2011
    Land to space? sounds great! cutscene absolutely.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, mods (at least, in single-player Instant Action) can have absolutely titanic engagements. There's one-I forget what it's called-with literally like one or two thousand AIs roaming the map.

As you might imagine, you die pretty fast when 500 or so battle droids open fire on you all at once. :p

17. saina8

saina8 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2011
    i like this game and its realy fantastic,if you want to download this game in the internet then watch carefully before downloaded it.i play this game in my psp.

Kate edit - Sorry, providing a link to download a game is akin to advertising.

18. saina8

saina8 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2011
  19. CaptainSkylander

CaptainSkylander Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2011
    I really hope they make Battlefront 3 soon, there was nothing quite like being a one man army 501st trooper destroying the entire CIS fleet on your own. :)

20. ForceJumpAnakin

Dec 24, 2006
    ^ Yes. I recently found out that BF2 has infinite ammo and health cheats. The funnest thing I can think of doing so far is dropping mines everywhere. It makes that last 501st mission on Hoth a breeze, cause there's like a bunch of Rebel noobs who keep nade spamming that beacon.

There's a way to fly your ship and exit it all of a sudden so that you'll be standing on top. If they make a BF3, they should enable that feature again so you can shoot other ship surfers, or maybe if you're a Jedi you can jump from one to another! At any rate, the Jedi should be given more powers.

I suppose they will be adding planets from the EU if there's a next one, it looks like the saga's are covered.

21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've been playing BF2 on the PC again lately.

I can't get over how stupid it is that AT-STs have two seats and AT-ATs only have one. AT-ATs need to have more than one playable position in any future Battlefront game.

22. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Anyone think that the MMO Lucasarts have been hiring for is BF3?

23. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I noticed there was a little too much music from ESB in BF2 so have there be more music from the other five movies in the game.

24. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    It is coming. Everyone get your hopes up.

See here and here.[face_dancing]

25. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    To be completely honest, the evidence is preeeetty thin, and practically non-existent. It seems people are just desperately grasping straws, in my opinion. Although, I would love to be proven wrong.