main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    I have to try to NOT win - ;)

Yes - two to three Jedi/Heroes per map is a must. You pick the one you want. The only real Jedi improvements I want is a better blocking system to lead to better saber combat and more exciting laser deflection, more skins (Old Ben, etc), and multiple Heroes per map. Overall, I'm very happy with Heroes. They are too dominant, but if you add more spawns, they won't be.

2. Mos_Idly

Mos_Idly Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    I reckon the one thing that needs to be added to some of the character classes is a melee weapon-i guess like the blade in Republic Commando. When sneaking up on someone this would be so handy [face_mischief]

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    here's what i put iin the regular thread...

MAPS -

Coruscant - streets, with ep 2 bar, alley-ways, etc.
    - and the senate building with the main hall, corridors and the emperor's staging area underneath.

Geonosis - arena ... nuff' said.

Naboo - real naboo field battle
    - real naboo space battle
    - theed palace ... including hangar, generator room, etc.
    - gungan underwater city

The Invisible Hand - hangar, general's quarters, bridge, etc.

Cato Neimodia - bridge city

Salucamei - rocky plain

Alderaan - palace

Big Space Battles - Yavin Death Star
    - Endor death star
    - huge ep3 battle

HEROES- all heroes in bf2 return with new additions ...
    - lando calrissian?
    - qui-gon jinn?
    - padme?
    - shaak ti?
    - kit fisto?
    - saesee tin?
    - plo koon?

- tarkin?
    - royal guard?
    - zam wessel?
    - poggle the lesser?
    - dengar?
    - bossk?

another idea i had was level choices.

there should be 4 separate battlefields that are all fighting at the same time.
    each one rages at the same time but you really make the difference. flying/traveling from one spot to another is seamless.

say you play the ep 1 naboo final battle.
    you can start at the theed hangar, the palace interior, the gungan field battle or the space battle. you choose which battlefront to start at and can switch at anytime.
    say you start at theed hangar...
    you can stay and fight inside- jedi fight or droids...
    or you go into the palace area...
    or you can get in a ship and fly to either the space battle, or the field battle.
    the clouds and atmosphere obscure the screen as a loading transition.
    or you start in space and can fly back to the planet.

ep 2, geonosis could have a space part, the arena, the big battlefield and the spire w/ dooku.

ep 3 could have the coruscant space battle, onboard the invisible hand, coruscant streets, etc.

the ep 4 final battle could have yavin 4 surface, space, space w/ death star surface and death star interior.

ep 5 could be hoth rebel base, hoth outer plain, space and space with imperial fleet.

ep 6 would be imperial fleet-space, death star surface, ds interior, endor.

basically instead of one map and one battle you can have up to four simultaneously. and you can go back and forth where ever you want to.

as far as what happens on the other battlefronts (when you're not there) it could just be time-based. 15 min, 30 min, 45 min... to an hour. each map has a 4 levels of battle- troops still alive, vehicles left, etc. how long into the battle you are when you enter a map is what determines the level of fighting, troops, winning or losing, etc.

4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    all the ships from bf 1 and 2 land/air/space should be unlockable and able to be used at any time. and new ships like the naboo starfighter, jedi starfighter, falcon, slave 1, etc, should be unlockable as well.

more unlockable stuff. make heroes unlockable and able to be used all the time.

a map editor! sweet!

director mode! customizable battle replay movies!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ALSO NEEDS TO BE A TON OF VISUAL EFFECT LASERS FLYING AROUND!
    they don't do any damage but they add to the chaos.

5. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    There should be a better way to enter enemy cruisers like in clone war the jet troopers can fly into them or the ship moves close enogh to extend an air lock so troops can get in bye walking ii mean most bording craft get destroyed before they can enter the caps. plus capttal ship[ should have there own maps inside so you can fight all over them plus i think we should have a medic class and if you die a ten seacoend counter will appear so a medic can heal you in that time if he can you die.

6. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    1. More maps

Go back to the original two maps per planet or even more depending upon the planet. I would also want to see Saleucami and Cato Neimoidia levels.

Some levels I want to see are:

Otoh Gunga -Naboo
    Naboo Palace -Naboo
    Droid Factory -Geonosis
    Arena -Geonosis

2. Bring back the old Geonosis and Bespin Platforms

I don't have hate for the new Geonosis, but the original was much more interesting in my opinion. They took away the Gunships which I thought really took the feel away from the level. They did this most likely because they removed ships from others levels, but they could simply put the Genosian Fighters back in as well to even it up. Also, the Republic gets very much cheated in this level as the CIS gets Spider Droids, STAPs, and Genosian Warriors while the Republic just gets one lousy AT-TE.

Bespin Platforms was a fan favorite it seemed, and it was defintely one of mine as well. The combined dogfights and ground battles were great, it gave everyone something to do. I hope they would remake this level with upgrades and such, as it was neat.

3. Add some additional campaigns

Rise of the Empire was the greatest campaign of both Battlefronts. It owned playing as the 501st and getting to hear their journals. But I want more...I want to see a Rebel campaign, a CIS campaign, etc. Seeing how good Rise was, I bet they could produce amazing ones after it. It also keeps you busy in the main game so you're not just left with Conquests and stuff.

4. Make past campaign levels replayable

This got annoying as some of those campaign levels were good fun, but after you beat them, you couldn't go back and replay them. I understand you can simply start a new campaign or else save before each one, but it would be so much convienent if you could just replay them when you wanted. In the first, you could do this, so I fail to see why they took that option out.

5. More options with Heroes

I was very impressed with how they handled Heroes in this game but I want to some more unique customizations when it comes to them. First off, I would like an option where you can pick what Heroes appear in your Instant Actions. I didn't like how you were stuck with whoever they designated for that level, and that was that...no options included. Second, add Hero Assualts to additional levels besides Mos Eisley. It was extremely annoying to only get Mos Eisley to play as them there, as that got old real quick.

I also want to see even more Heroes in this one. Basically, Heroes galore. I want to see the faces of famous figures like Durge, Asajj, Saesee, Kit, Agen, Plo, Shaak, and all other characters. This would go along with my Hero customization request...Before you go, "Gah! That's too many Heroes!", hear me out. In BF3, you could gain points to spend on extra Heroes, who, when bought, can be used in Instant Actions. It would super, and motivate for continous play and victory. They could also add other buyable rewards but that's up to them.

6. Improve player's AI team

I was under the impression your soldiers would actually follow you this time around. For some part, they did when I commanded them to, but other times I saw no improvement. Sometimes they would just run around in circles blindly when targeted, other times they would abandon you at the unexpected moment. This really needs to fixed and I'm hoping it will be solved by BF3.

7. More vehicles

When you're participating in big battles like Star Wars, whether ground assualts or space orienated, you're going to see vehicles. A lot of vehicles...A variety of vehicles to be exact. I want to see more of every factions' vehicles. Crab Droids, AT-PTs, Turbotanks, and the other greats. When I say more, I don't mean enough where it will cause lag or slow loading times offline or online, but generally more than what they feature. I wish these fights to be as real as possible, and what better way to fight in the heat of battle with your vehicles fighting side by side...

If nothing else,

7. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    One thing......BIGGER MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! We were promised maps that would be 30% larger in BF2....we got hosed! I was playing both BF1 and 2 last night and with the exception of the Space Maps obviously, we got taken! The new Kayshyyk is smaller than the old Docks! Tantive, Jabba's, Coroscaunt, Utapau, Mustafar and Pollis Massa are all small infantry maps even by BF 1 standards! The new Geonosis may be a tad larger, but now it looks and has nothing to do with the Ep2 so who cares, it's a waste of disc space.......new Hoth is smaller unless you count staging area in the Hunt mode.......Felucia and Dagobah are basically the same map, just differnt graphics and they aren't huge either. Then you got Naboo and Yavin, to of the maps I liked the least and they are back, yet all the Bespins are gone? WTH?????????

LA..you wnt tips......bring back old Geonosis, just expand it and add and the arena.....bring back origianl Hoth, if ain't broke, don't fix, just add the staging area from the hunt mode as a last stand area for the rebels where the AT-ATs can't get at them. Cross the current Kayshyyk and the old docks to make it more like the movie and add a staging area behind the tree city with the landed cruiser ala the movie....bring back both Bespins merged into one map..have a centralized cloud city to fight over but each team gets seperate platforms side the city with ships ala platforms, kinda like Kamino with a cloning facilty in the middle (actually more like Yavin arena, but much larger, but on platforms obviously). Kamino, eh good job expanding that one I thought, except like all other maps needs ships....Mustafar needs more outside stuff, graphic are what make this map, so more outside stuff with bridges over the lava river to give it some size!....Tantive needs a Star Destroyer half to the map....I dig Jabba's, but Jabba's throne room from what I remeber was downstairs not up, try to make the lay out more like the movie and it needs a room full of driod getting tortured like the ROTJ.....Utapau needs to go all the way around the hole.....(ok....for some reason that sounds dirty!)......Jedi Temple needs to expand out into the streets leading to the senate building with Palps office and the senate chamber....Pollis??? Waste of disc space....same with Dagobah...Felucia needs to be more colorful and it needs more of those giant fungal trees....I don't know, it's just too random..CPs need to be a strategic locations, not just thrown out where ever!

PS...Hunt mode was a fun idea for a second, but it's a waste, just give the faction the option of picking an indigenous warrior if they so want, no need for hunt mode, it's too limited.

8. Revan1138

Revan1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2005
    1)More Heros:
    Heros from KOTOR and other EU. Also, more hero choices on each map.
    2)More Maps:
    I'd enjoy recreating the last battle in the Mandalorian Wars at Malachor and other places in the EU.
    3)More Factions:
    Mandalorians, Old Republic, Sith, Yuuzhan Vong, New Republic/GFFA. Plus, anyfaction vs. any faction such as Yuuzhan Vong vs. Sith.
    4)Better Space Maps:
    Just space map in instant action was enough since they are all the same so an improvement is needed.
    5)More Vehicles:
    Let each faction have a large amount of vehicle choices even if its unbalanced. Also bring back starfighters on land maps.
    6) Larger Army:
    Instant action maps should have been like The Battle of Kashyyyk on Rise of the Empire. There should be huge numbers of enemies on each side.

The point is, BF3 is going to need to rely on EU material if it wants to bring a better experience than BF2.

9. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    "The point is, BF3 is going to need to rely on EU material if it wants to bring a better experience than BF2."

How so, Battlefront doesn't need new material, the game design and the maps just needs some tweaking. I'm not saying no EU at all, but if you go EU heavy BF3 will be nowhere near as popular as the first two because you will lose all but the hard core Star Wars geeks!

10. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They need to have it support 64 A*I per side on one map. It feels strange how everyone is pulled a bit thin between 16 people. You have about four people on your team in turrets, another four spent on filling vehicles, then about three sniping or guarding at any given base... it just feels wrong.

11. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah, 64 would really give it a battlefront feel, right now there just aren't enough bodies out there!

12. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    "The point is, BF3 is going to need to rely on EU material if it wants to bring a better experience than BF2."

Not at all. Less EU, better bigger Canon locales and maps.

They need to have it support 64 A*I per side on one map. It feels strange how everyone is pulled a bit thin between 16 people. You have about four people on your team in turrets, another four spent on filling vehicles, then about three sniping or guarding at any given base... it just feels wrong.

That's EXACTLY what it needs.

It's really simple. Bump up the AIs per map, make the maps huge areas with many corners to them (ie full size Hoth in BF2 or Geonosis on BF1), add more skins (for clones and heros) and keep everything else the same - and you've got a frikkin incredible game.

It's the number of AIs on the field which is going to elevate the next-gen BATTLEFRONT3. It has nothing to do with EU. When you've got so many soldiers on the field and little mini-battles and skirmishes happening all over the place on huge maps, then you're going to be so caught up in the action that the game will feel completely different.

Just go back and play BATTLEFRONT I, one of the big maps. Even 24 (vs 16) spawns has a massive impact on the battlefield mechanics and gameplay. Imagine 32 or 64. The maps will turn into absolute chaos - and be fantastic!

13. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Wait....I everyone wants to be able to transition from ground maps to space maps right?

Why not just get rid of the "You are leaving the battlefield", instead everytime you fly off the map it says "you are now entering the atmosphere" or "you are now leaving the atmosphere", then some kind of loading screen, that for entering a ground map would look like rentry, ground to space stars could slowly appear as the space map loads, then boom you are in the new map.......doesn't seem that hard really, but then again, I am not a game designer.

14. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    That's nice, and it would be cool. But if it affects the number of AIs or comes at a cost of resources anywhere else in maps and classes - I'd just as soon wait for a "loading" screen. "Loading" is no big deal to me really - if I'm getting more bang when I get there.

15. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I don't want any EU. [face_sick]

Much bigger maps. More soldiers on the battlefield.

It has been repeated over and over again.

I personal quibble with me: make the autoturrents a little less damaging. If you are in a Jedi Starfighter drying to dogfight, and you get hit like twice with an autoturrent, you are destroyed. There is no way to dodge them or anything. Just let there be manned turrents and that's it.

16. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah the auto turretts are strong, but all you have to do is amke sure you aren't going slow or in a straight line when you get close to the big ships. Considering how hard it is to hit anything with a turret I think they should be left alone....peronsally, I got for them first anyway since hitting them also weakens the shields...I take GGs bomber and fly right down the senter of the Rep Cruiser and take out the dorsal turrets in my first two passes usually.

I think they need to be more like the turets from BF1, those were much more effective!

17. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Ya no Eu for me thank you, i'm a pure bread Star Wars fan. None of this NJO stuff.

18. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    I don't mind a little, simple because I am a big Rhen Var Harbours fan, but I think it should be used very sparingly and as filler to complete out the game and fill in blanks spots left by the movies.

19. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I'd like a little EU flavouring but nothing to much.

I would like to see on some maps choices for another war, e.g.

Naboo: Plains.

Clone War
    Galactic Civil War
    Naboo War

20. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They need to make the clone commanders the republic heroes, then give Jedi their own faction with a slashed number of A*I and their own Jedi heroes. Same with the Sith.

21. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    My ideas:

I agree with the expanding of many maps, etc. but some of the aspects of Battlefront 2 just need polishing in the terms of visual representation of things. For instance space and ground battles should be the way we see them in the movies with the abilities of the next gen consoles, with hectic combat, different explosions, lasers everywhere in open maps like Geonosis.

Space capital ships should be destructible in a variety of ways, eliminating the objectives and creating a new feeling of play. I have looked around the capital ship models while playing single player and realized here is much space that could be expanded upon in the model to make it seem like a real Star Destroyer or Rebel Cruiser.

Overall expansion of space could happen in the following ways:

Controls on bridge guiding movements of capital ship.
    More hanger bays in different locations on certain ships.
    Eliminate almost identical interiors of each capital ship.
    Add a variety of effects for different types of destruction of a capital ship, (Some could crash into the planets surface right into a ground battle, like Invisible Hand or for instance crash into a nearby capital ship, creating a spectacular explosion)

That's my ideas I can write down right now... see you all later.

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    hey, i was just thinking about bigger space battles today.
    here's my idea.

rebels have 4 frigates plus 2 of the main cruisers they have now instead of 1. and a central ship even bigger, like the medical frigate. and the battles need to be head to head and have a defensive formation like this... F for frigates, C for cruisers and B for BIG SHIP!

..F...........F
    ........B
    ....C.......C
    ......F...F

you attack from the front and have to make it past the frigates and cruisers to get to the main ship which is HUGE.

the empire could have 4 frigates, 2 star destroyers and a SUPER STAR DESTROYER.

republic could have 4 f's, 2 sd's and a bigger version destroyer.

and the cis could have 4 f's, 2 c's and a tf core ship as their huge ship.

a space battle (very large) would have 8 frigates, 4 cruisers and 2 huge command ships. the cruisers, frigates and battleships move slowly closer and closer so you have to dogfight at first, then engage battleship to battleship and then an all-out collosal jumble of every ship... above, below and beside each other, with fighters flying around the whole time.

SWEET MAYHEM!

23. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

I think the space battles should be less generic in the next game.

24. Darth_Volcaneous

Darth_Volcaneous Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    I agree but they should also allow you to man the heavy turrets. That would make it alot easier to destroy the sheilds. Also, they should eliminate the points to the space battles and have you completely destroy the ship. It would be nice for them to let you man the frigates and let you get to the bridge on both ships, even if they had 20 guys gaurding the bridge it would be cool to be able to take control of the other ship.

25. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    Personally, I wouldn't mind space battles being treated in an totally different game, like an expansion pack. You can BATTLEFRONT III: LAND and BATTLEFRONT III: SPACE. I'd buy both.