main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Dec 10, 2005.

1. R2-12point

R2-12point Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    A space expansion pack would have to be far more flexible than the road they're on now. In its case I wouldn't asking for bigger maps, but variety of gameplay.

An instant action editor would be mandatory. There would have to be more ways of winning a level and many more available ships (and larger numbers of them on screen at a time). For my own part, even more customizable controls for the flying of ships would be welcome, too.

On the "wish list" side of things, they could maybe build divide levels between those dealing with capital ships and those with fighters. The capital ship levels could involve bridge commands, squad commands of a sort (as in directing a small fleet while you handle your own ship), planetary objectives, and the turret and commandeering aspects (Some broadsiding ala Revenge Of The Sith might be fun). Of course, if they could marry this with full dogfighter stuff, so much the better, but I'd abide a divided sort of gameplay.

I wonder if any game will ever be able to make capital ships move at an appeciable rate of speed in comparison to the dogfighters? (After all, Star Destroyers actually KEPT UP with the Falcon OVERTOOK the Tantive IV) Its probably impossible, but I've always wanted to see it. (It would likely render the capital ships overwhelmingly powerful, which, of course, they should be. Maybe they could make them really bad shots to compensate, which, of course, they were.)

2. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    More capital ships and frigates in space battles.
    What happened to the origional battle droid? that should come back.
    I said it about bf2 and i'll say it again, JUGGERNAUGHTS!
    I think there should be differant classes, e.g. you choose a pilot, then you choose a type of pilot, such as sullistan or human, ect ect ect.
    And definately more EU, LA has a lot to choose from, but there should be at least one EU war playable.
    I agree about the space-ground battles, they would make the game a lot better, as long as it was made even, LA could use this idea to balance the juggernaughts too.
    Graphics are fine though, they dont need inproving. But bigger maps would definately be aprechiated.
    And maybe consider heros in space, but make it so their timer only runs out when aboard a capital ship

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I would like to see space Heroes. I was a bit confused as to why this wasn't in the last one, as I thought with the Clone Wars cartoon it would've been obvious. Plo Koon, Asajj Ventress, Sasee Tiin, Han, Chewie, Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Vader, the Good General, etcetera. The list could really go on...

I wouldn't mind seeing space and land battles mixed together. With next-gen systems this should be no problem. Maybe not jumping in a ship and going out of the atmosphere to a space battle above (though that would be amazing), but a sky area to battle. When I say large, I don't mean like in Battlefront I. I mean, being able to go as far as the AI pilots.

More EU, I can agree with. Sure, the movie battles are a whole lot of fun, but EU would be nice. There's nothing stopping them from thorwing in a Mandalorian versus Republic/Jedi map, or a couple of them. Even a Jedi versus Sith map, from the Great Sith War.

I would say more Heroes/Villains, but I'm not sure who else we could see without getting a bit absurd. Obviously some more Jedi, Plo Koon, Seasee Tiin, Shaak Ti, maybe? I think they could do a lot with the Clone Wars cartoon/Clone Wars/Republic comics, if they looked. Why not throw Quinlan Vos into the mix? He was a huge part of the comics and the EU, and I would love to see him. Lets also have Anakin as a Jedi (the one in the game, already) and also a Sith Anakin/Vader (the one avaliable only in Knightfall) for the Villains. I think this would be great.

Well, I could go on all day, so I'll stop...

4. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    Ive just had another thought, say your playing as the Rebels, there could be a Scout class, then you can choose the sort of Scout you want, e.g. Ewok, Wookie or Bothan. I would really like to see the Ewoks as an actuall part of the Rebel Alliance. The same thing could be done with the Geonosians on Geonosis for the CIS. And what about Wookies on Kashyyyk for the Republic.

5. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Yeah, the idea of varying types of pilot and etc. sounds good, but I don't think it will work that well. Having to specifically choose what species of trooper is little more than for cosmetic purposes. If the re-spawning screen is simultaneous with the ongoing battle, I think the process of choosing what species you want will slow down things too much. There would be too much to consider with different types of soldiers, for each type would presumably have different strengths and weaknesses. Lucasarts should stick to having different soldier classes, but not include different types

6. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    hey, anyone still speculating? what if levels had both space and land battles? there could be both land battle victory objectives and space too. i mean, completing either would end the level in victory.

7. Arotas_Starlight

Arotas_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    Some of this has been said, but this is some of what I would love to see in BF III.

I'm hoping that they'll expand the maps so that space battles will have larger ship interiors (think of landing inside of a hanger and having something like the death star map being the inside of the ship)

I also hope that they make the effects of the heros less powerful. Meaning that they are barely more powerful than the troops. This would make the battles harder to win (like BF I), yet allow people to still enjoy playing as heros.

I wish they would make it so everyone has to be killed on the opposing team or all the command posts must be captured in order to win. It seems like the battle cuts off early sometimes.

By the time BF III comes out it should be for the new consoles, which should allow for bigger maps and hopefully a seamless transition from planet to space. Or if they have to have a load screen, make it game clips of the ship flying through the outer atmosphere and into space.

I hope they go back to the idea of the original battlefront in that you are actually experiencing the battle from the movies. You should be able to do things like fly down the trench on the outside of the death star and try your hand at getting proton torpedoes into the death star to win the battle.

I also hope they give you more options in terms of ships. Also I think they should put ships back into land battles. You should be able to use heros in space. For instance, if you choose Han you fly the falcon. Or if you choose Luke you fly his X-wing. To avoid being killed right away they should give these ships a small shield.

They should also try and make the maps more accurate. The interior of the death star should have a little elevator to take you down to the detention level (think the trap door in the Jabba?s Palace map).

I also think they should change the heros outfits/look/age based on what planet/time frame they are in (such as pilot Luke on Hoth). Just to make battles more accurate.

Some Maps I'd like to see:
    The Naboo space battle (w/ interior of droid capitol ship)
    The Naboo palace (interior)
    The Endor space battle (w/ interior of Death Star II)
    The Yavin space battle (w/ Death Star interior)
    The ANH opening space battle (w/ interior of Tantive IV)

Hero/Villains:
    Anakin (hooded w/red-yellow contacts)
    Obi-Wan (Alec Guinness)
    Padme
    Shaak Ti

That's all I can think of right now. Comments?

8. tnu111

tnu111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    I want them to add the Death Star on the space Battle over Yaven. to give the expirence of moveing in on the Death Star and shooting the killing blow. like in the old X-Wing game and in the Rogue Squadren games

9. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Hey that's pretty good. Pretty much the same ideas already on this thread, though.

10. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Fix the messed-up transports for each faction on space battles, have less space battles or at least ones that are more than cosmetically different, tonw down the Jedi because they're all anyone ever wants to play as instead of Battlefront actually being about the soldiers. Have more vehicle combat, and include air-vehicles on ground maps. Get rid of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, and use a V-19 Torrent instead.

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    The one thing I'd really love to see in BF3 is some bigger maps. One of the things I loved about playing Battlefield 1942 was the feeling of immersion you got from hiking quite a while to get to a strategic position, fighting some squirmishes on the way. Then you got there with the few men from your platoon that survived and prepared to hold your ground. You would wait there for a while, healing yourself, stocking ammunition, setting up mines. And then you would hear a rumble in the distance. The sniper would start shooting at the approaching tank and infantry and soon the whole place was ablaze with battle.

That was great!

But in both Battlefronts I never quite got that feeling. The maps are so small, that when you spawn you have to start running all out in whatever direction you're facing otherwise you'll get sniped or you won't reach the closest CP before the enemy floods it. You can't take a minute to think about a strategy or gather up a platoon, cause the battle really is exploding all around you, you just have to grab your gun, start firing and hope for the best. I didn't much miss the aircraft in BF2 because they were such a pain in BF1. And that's because of the tiny maps. In Battlefield 1942 you could take a plane and soar over the battlefield, attacking different positions, preventing enemy advancement on some front, engaging in dogfights. In BF1 you would just fly in circles firing away. No fun in that.

The kind of frenetic battle seen in Battlefront so far is fun, make no mistake, but with some bigger maps there could be some variation. It's ok for the Tantive IV battle to be frenetic, it's a relatively small enclosed environment. But things like Hoth, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, should be expansive, epic. It should allow for some strategic thinking and deeper immersion in the setting.

12. d0Rk-VaDeR

d0Rk-VaDeR Jedi Master star 4

Jan 8, 2006
    Need some HUGE battles. im talking like 600 on 600. so much action that a game system almost couldnt handle it....

13. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Some people can't handle it as it is. I don't see 600 by 600 happening any time soon.

14. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Make a more expansive squad command, add more reinforcements, eliminate heroes entirely from online, bigger, more in depth maps, with more meaning then just a desert on Geonosis or something, add more interactive environment, release NEW Coruscant, Tatooine, Utapau, Geonosis maps, make them the largest maps of the game, eliminate lag.

The multiple maps could go as followed:

Coruscant: Senatorial District

Fight through the halls of the long established Galactic Senate district. Locales include Palpatine's Office, Senate Building.

Coruscant: City Heights

A dangerous battle between chasms and many skyscrapers.

Tatooine: Mos Eisely (largely expanded)

Bring law to this world of criminals and thugs.

Tatooine: Jundland Wastes (largely expanded Dune Sea)

Home to the vicious Tusken raiders, this area is rarely traveled.

Utapau (largely expanded, includes large field above city leading to large area of mountains)

The peaceful world of Utapau has become the hidden stronghold of the feared General Grevious.

Geonosis: Spire (totally revamped Spire, largely expanded)

Conflict has erupted on this remote outer rim world.

Each map would be designated to different design teams for 2 years of development, including the transition to the space battle above the world, using the designs I said earlier. Many would say 2 years of development is a lot, but that's what it takes to make a seamless game with what you wanted.

Lag would be assigned to a new group of scripters, etc. to fix for 2 years.

Lucasarts would employ artist concepts from Lucasfilm, to assist in designing many of the larger maps, adding numerous details, and suggestions.

What are your thoughts?

15. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    A Geonosis Arena map with all hero characters would be the shizit.

16. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    some of the coruscant levels are too complicated. yeah sure yoda and sidious fought in the senate chamber, but no troopers can force-jump on the pods! IMO, i didn't like tatooine dune sea because it was too boring. utapau is a hard level to add to, because if all the platforms were added, there would be a huge fight in the elevator thing that takes you to the top. if the levels in bf3 are too big, there is less action and more running around, trying to get to the largest scurmish. that's what i think

17. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    What are you people talking about, more reinforcments? I have mine set at 700 (or something) for each side. Most battles take me a half hour to win....

Why not a Coruscant streets map? That'd be great, I think.

~Vassago

18. tnu111

tnu111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    Another thing I'd like to see. MORE THAN ONE HERO PER MAP!

Ex: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan on Naboo.

Han Solo, Leia Organa (Skywalker) Solo, and Chewbacca on Endor.

Bring back the Dune sea! Have a specail hunt mode were you can play as Aniken Vs. the Sand people like in Episode II. Or Luke, Obi-Wan. and the Sand People (Not so sure about that one. Another thing
    GET RID OF VADER ON ENDOR! He wasn't there! he shouldn't be there! End of Story!.

Add a Hunt on Coruscant playing as Aniken Agenst all the Jedi like in the Knightfall levle that was a fun levle (but in truthe I enjoyd Clone Vs. Jedi in that more.)

Bring some Objective Based Game Pley to Instant Action and GC.

That's why I liked Rise of the Empire so much! It was more than Killing and takeing comand posts. but in Instant Action Objectives should be optionle.

Add First and Second Death Stars (Hero's/Villins for First Death Star. Han Solo. Leia, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan :Villins: Vader) Second Death Star Just Luke, Vader and the Emperor come on. Wouldn't you love to reinact Luke and Vader Dueling and then Vader turnign on the Emperor? Keep the Trash compacter on the first death Star

Seperate the Story Lines for the Clone Wars and Civil War so that there's no confution and you can play as All the factions.

Better Saber Combat. Like Jedi Academy Style so the Blades actualy clash insted of you geting a hit so esey it's not evan funny people!

19. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    you are correct about having more heroes and better lightsaber combat.

20. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Why? I can see having two heroes on a map being cool for multiplayer action, and I just think Qui-Gon should be in the game, but why better lightsaber combat? This isn't a damn lightsaber combat game. It's a battle game, with troops and stuff. We don't need an advanced lightsaber combat system. It seems fine how it is.

21. Arotas_Starlight

Arotas_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    This is a little off-topic, but I had to reply to this. Until you said that, I wasn't even aware that you could do that. I just assumed that the options in the instant action screen were the same as the game options when you hit pause. I set the reinforcements to like 500% and turned the heros to always. I played an epic battle on Kamino the way it should be played with 700+ reinforcements and Obi vs. Jango. It was awesome! (and took me like 45 min to finish lol!)

And I agree on the Coruscant streets, I was disappointed when I realized it was just the temple. A Coruscant street map could have a bottom level (with the bar & crash site from Episode II) and then there could be speeders to go up to higher levels of the city. Imagine navigating a speeder through traffic.

22. The_Death_Star31

The_Death_Star31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    I would bring back Bespin Cloud City, And improve it (like have that wierd platformy thing over that massive drop instead of the walkway.) Oh yes, and If you are Vader on there, and you beat Luke on that wierd platformy thingy, you will either...
    a) See a Movie clip of Darth Vader saying "No. I am your father"
    b) Just Hear Vader Saying "I am your father"

Technically Vader was on Endor, but for A Short Period of time.

I would Applaud a Death Star 1 Exterior level, and Id Also Improve the Interior.
    a)The Fire Control room would be much better- You can fire the beam if you press a certain button. Also put where Leia sees alderaan being destroyed, and when the death Star fires, you see the beams joining together and destroying a planet.

An Endor Space level would be good. (With the Death Star 2 Which will fire on you. If you are the Empire, just head up to the control room, aim and Fire! you will not be able to destroy cruisers instantly.)

A Flyable Capital ship would be good. (One mission would be you chasing the Tantive IV as a star destroyer)

23. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    What about a sort of hunt mode, jedi led by Mace Windu vs super BattleDroids led by Count Dooku, that doesnt sound too bad to me if they could make it fair

Speaking of fair, they should definately change Darth Maul, does anyone else agree that he is too powerful?

24. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    the geonosis hunt level has already been discussed (and for that matter, insulted) but everyone seems to think it wouldn't be fun. whatever...

25. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    They should really tweak the maps, by adding as many as 15 command posts for some battles, make bigger battles, with insane spawn rates for bots, increase ticket count, add more options for vehicles in space, alternating times of bombs from bombers, etc. Recently I have been bored playing the small maps of Battlefront 2 and drew up some designs for a possible Tatooine: Mos Eisely/Dune Sea/Jundland Wastes all in one huge map, with treanches, turrets, tunnels through canyons. It would simply be amazing with a better squad system and more ticket count. Imagine holding out in a stone tower with tunnels and ledges, spotted with artillery and turrets, that would be fun. That's the feel I would want, and would even the game play, making the heroes rather weak in that enviroment, but at the same time still offering them. A map editor where you can arrange command posts, add more vehicles, etc. would be awsome for offline system link play, or just against a friend. What are your thought's on this?