main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star Wars Battlefront 3

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Jonathan Xavier Jones, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    So for us gamers here, I'm sure we have heard that EA's flagship FPS developer DICE is making Star Wars Battlefront 3. This is, in my opinion, fantastic news, because DICE, the creators of the Battlefield series are the best when it comes to making shooters that give players the ability to work in close-knit squads, drive a wide array of vehicles, pilot multiple planes, and even take part in naval battles on maps that are big enough to handle all of this action while still making sure players are always in the action (long sentence).
    DICE has promised that this is not just going to be Battlefield 3(4) clone with a Star Wars skin on top (which would still be worth my $60) but it's own full on game complete with the new Frostbite 3 engine. So who is excited to see the return of the Battlefront franchise and what new additions do we think we'll see this time around?

2. EradicatorDan

EradicatorDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    Just imagining star wars battlefront with the frostbite engine is amazing. Saw the trailer while i was at work and really showed everyone just how much of a star wars nut I am. It's so exciting!!!

3. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I hope they take the time to make it right. Lots of Lucasarts games were rushed and unpolished.

4. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    Well seeing as how Lucas Arts is not a thing anymore, and it's in the hands of DICE who I don't believe have a history of rushing their games, I think it is going to be amazing.

5. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Our entire clan is looking forward to it!! We still play alot of Battlefront II

6. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    BF1&2 was one of the first games my son and I played consistently together. We can't wait to try out BF3

7. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    Those were fantastic games, I played them when I was younger and they gave endless hours of fun with my friends. X-wings and Republic troopers all day for me.

8. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    I have to say I'm looking forward to it, should be all kinds of fun.

Here is the real question, what system is everyone going to be playing on?

Dave

9. EradicatorDan

Jun 29, 2013

PC all day every day 60% of the time all the time!

10. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    I would be playing it on the PS4 by then. I suck with Keyboard and Mouse for shooters

11. Marka_Ragnas

Mar 29, 2005
    I used to say I suck with controllers but I owned every Sony Consoles since PSone. I am fine with controllers now. I should play SWB4 with a PS4

12. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    If/when you do, we'll be sure to play together

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Count me in! I'm on PS3 now and looking forward to upgrading... The improvements on PS4 look quite worthwhile.

14. EradicatorDan

Jun 29, 2013
    I guess i'll just be on my pc then singing "ALL BY MYSELF" as I play.

15. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    There are likely other console players here. I would but I've yet to put a PC partition on my Mac as I can't bring myself to do so.

16. Marka_Ragnas

Mar 29, 2005
    I'll probably get PS3 version as well if some can't upgrade to PS4 right away. If we can get a few people we can create our own clan [face_dancing] {NR}Bobafett, {NR}Vaderules etc...

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  17. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I love the previous Battlefront games, and I am glad that Battlefront 3 is officially in the works (they sure did take their time :))

I hope that the battle maps are even grander in scale than the first two Battlefront games. I've never played the other Battlefront game(s) on the smaller ports, such as the PSP, but I read somewhere that Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, let you customize your own character. Hopefully, this will feature primarily into Battlefront 3 as well.

I also liked two features from Battlefront 1 that weren't in the sequel, which were the abilities to crawl, and get knocked down by an explosion, with the possibility of being able to get back up. It'd be great if little details like that were incorporated once again into the series via Battlefront 3.

72Princess likes this.
  18. EradicatorDan

Jun 29, 2013
    I will say taking the customization from Renegade Squadron would make a fantastic aspect since that was one of the most enjoyable aspects of that game.

19. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    In the other games like the PSP games, you were able to customize the characters just a little bit as well as go from Ground to Space in a fighter and vise-versa if you took a fighter/escape pod down the the planet. We can see in these videos here that they were working on that as well for the consoles for the BF3 they were making:

You can also see that it was definitely grander in scale too, that Corusant siege map looks amazing!

20. Marka_Ragnas

Mar 29, 2005
    I hope you guys are patient because it won't come out until 2015, same year as the movie.

21. EradicatorDan

Jun 29, 2013
    Yeah nothing like a very long wait till the star wars addiction can start being satiated.

72Princess likes this.
  22. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    LMAO