STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FOOTAGE

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yahoo! has some in-game footage from Star Wars: Battlefront. This game looks like it could be a sequel to the Clone Wars game that came out in late 2002. It looks amazing. Hopefully the link I'm posting to the footage will work.

Get to your posts!
  2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    I just saw it too, (thanks Eric) and OMG. If there's one reason to be a SW fan and a gamer, this is it. I was skeptical of the game at first...it was basically a Battlefield 1942 clone, and the graphics at the time looked like garbage. Now, having seen actual footage, I'm stunned. It features battles from both the Clone Wars and Classic Trilogy periods, and I think over 6 different factions (Rebels, Imps, Clones, Geonosians, Trade Federation, etc) and just about anything is drivable in that game. I think this game comes out in fall or winter, not sure. I can't wait though. And of course, there's also KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords, Republic Commando, and SW Galaxies: Jump To Lightspeed to look forward to also. I think Lucasarts is finally on a winning streak (at least until they come out with this rumored Episode 3 Lego video game...yes, that's right, LEGOS...I can hear all the fans screaming in unison now...)
  3. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    This looks good. About what I expected actually. Without having XBOX live, I'm not going to be able to enjoy the full aspect of the game though.
  4. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Grrrr.....ok...I don't have time or money to waste on playing (and buying a gaming system)...but I am, and walways HAVE been a gamer at heart. I am so torn to just waste the money and get x-box...AGH! Car Insurance....or hours of brainless video game playing...
  5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Get it for PC...instant online play and better graphics if you have a good pc, not to mention, it's a known fact that games like these tend to have WAY better control with a keyboard/mouse than a gamepad :D

Oh and Sal, the game should be practically the same offline as it is online with the team-based combat. You'll just be fighting against bots...I know, it's not nearly as fun as fighting against real people, but hopefully the developers will script out good A.I. for the bots so they don't crash/fly into things or get stuck, lol.
  6. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Get it for PC
    Don't have one...

WAY better control with a keyboard/mouse than a gamepad
    Truer words were never spoken...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.