main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Battlefront II General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by hear+soul, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomkat364

tomkat364 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Someone a few pages back asked about Han Solo's blaster glitch (can switch from blaster to fusion cutter but never back to blaster).
    I had this exact same thing happen to me on my PS2. I experimented with some things and determined that it is a unique glitch for the character profile. No other profiles had this problem on my copy of the game, and after creating a new profile (and losing 3000 medals), the problem was solved.

2. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    I had that problem too. I accidently deleted my profile, which had all the medels minus the marksman award, and a hell of a lot of points. I made a new profile, and I still had the problem [face_plain]

3. BountyHuntersRule

BountyHuntersRule Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2006
    i might be repeating some people (i cant be bothered to read over 400 pages) but i feel that the award sniper is useless. i usually get one shot kills anyway, and the one thing that slows me down the most in some situations is the ammo, so having less in the award sniper doesnt do me any good.

i want xbl dammit i need to pwn people!!!

4. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    i haven't played it in months, but i do remember that i had little fun "trying" to get that sniper award. i cant recall the name of the place where you are on an asteroid (polis massa?) but i can never get enough of it: rebels vs empire flag mode. the craziest place for me

5. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Yeah, Polis Massa is on an asteroid, but that's an odd level to snipe from.

6. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Oh yeah, now that you mention that... I had that problem too, so I just killed myself. Never liked Han in that game anyways.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've heard that glitch only happens if you have the award pistol, but I'm not 100% sure if it's true.

8. tomkat364

tomkat364 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    upon further review I believe Dark Lady Mara is correct. None of the other profiles on my memory cards had gunslinger to legendary. When I began a new profile, han could switch back and forth. Now that I have the award pistol again, he cannot. Now the question is if this is a universal glitch or only some copies of the game, some systems or all.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Today I was playing on the wolfpack server (v 1.0) and on the Mygeeto map, there were at least three tanks all lined up in the wall shooting at people. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So... is it true that TIE Interceptors aren't really supposed to have missiles?

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not in the movies, comics, or books. :p

11. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    But... but... the games are a higher level of canon than the movies, right? :(

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I don't recall it ever being said in the movies that they don't have missiles. There just was never a shot of them using them.

So games are perfectly legitimate in providing missiles for them :p

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, the normal Interceptors don't, as has been mentioned in a few books specifically (Essential Guide to Ships and Bacta War, IIRC.)

Though, special modifications allow them to, as displayed and explained in TIE Fighter. Not normal, but not unheard of.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Movies not showing > games showing. :p

15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Aw, come on, so does that mean the fact that the movies never showed orbital bombardment should exclude it from games? :p

Also, speaking of stuff shown in the movies... I miss the fact that Battlefront I gave the Imps the ability to blow up planets. We need a functioning Death Star in BF2! It should be hanging out at the back during space battles so every ten minutes or so, you can blow up a capital ship or something. Someone work on modding the game right now! :p

16. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    "Aw, come on, so does that mean the fact that the movies never showed orbital bombardment should exclude it from games?"

HA...do we assume cuz we never see and Ewok take a dump that they don't? I must have missed that scene at the end of ROTJ when the Ewoks started exploding due to "internal pressures"!

17. ForceJumpAnakin

Dec 24, 2006
    I just remembered something when I last played this game a while back. After I beat Galactic Conquest as Empire, the ending cinema shows Sidious looking down at Luke, who is crouched on the floor. Then it zooms in on Darth Vader just watching them both. I only saw it once, was Luke dying at that point or just kneeling in obediance to Sidious? I like the Republic version where Mace actually kills Sidious! I think he had help with Anakin and the council, again I can't recall it completely.

18. itlnstlon77

itlnstlon77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the point where Luke was zapped and was slouching down? It's been a while now, sorry I can't help much on that point.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I know what you're talking about, since I almost always play galactic conquest as Empire. :p I think it's supposed to be Palpatine killing Luke with Force lightning, but it's also pretty awesome if you imagine it's supposed to be Luke bowing to Palps as his apprentice.

The animation for the Republic is also cool, with the Jedi council standing in a circle with lightsabers raised and Anakin among them...

Like on South Park where people start spontaneously combusting because they're holding in too many farts and methane is flammable? [face_laugh]

20. anakinskywalkerhalo1

anakinskywalkerhalo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Did anyone tried or did enter the cheat codes combos
    If so tell me how deatil by deatil[face_peace]

21. ForceJumpAnakin

Dec 24, 2006
    http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps2/game/cheats/cheats.jsp?releaseId=2005120714171843444824

I think this site used to be www.cheatplanet.com, it looks different, haven't been there in a year. I may have tried Party-time Jedi / Wampa Hit Effects but I heard nothing but weird sounds.

22. anakinskywalkerhalo1

anakinskywalkerhalo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    The d-pad is the one that look like this +,right?

23. itlnstlon77

Sep 25, 2006
    Yep. :)

Does anyone else play this on 360? For some reason when I popped it in last it started making weird sounds (and I do have the BC list update...) and it was freaking me out lol.

24. kill-chew

kill-chew Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2005
    what the hell are you talking about

25. itlnstlon77

Sep 25, 2006
    Me? I mean, playing it as a backwards compatiable game. I tried on my new 360 and it kept making a weird noise just with Battlefront.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.