main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Battlefront II General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by hear+soul, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Great news. I just hope they include a limitation for Jedi players online, otherwise there will be just Jedi vs Sith battles. 2 or 3 Jedi per army are more than enough.

I am glad they use the same engine. I loved BF's graphics.

I hope they include a map creator. This would be really nice.

2. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    There should be a custom mode for battle front 2. The player should should have the option of customizing or creating thier own character. For example, if someone want's to be a clone trooper, they could customize his armor with camoflauge templates to help hide them in thier surroundings.

And for God's sake, give the female rebel a voice!!!

3. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Also, they need to include creatures like the Reek, Nos monster or Rancor on certain stages to keep player's on thier guard.

4. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I've heard the AI in the game is pathetic, almost as bad as Battlefield. Is that true?

5. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The AI is Battlefront is WAY better than the AI in Battlefield 1942. If you try Battlefront and then play Battlefield 1942 right afterwords, you will notice a huge difference.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It's okay AI. Your squad does follow your orders for the most part.

I think Brothers In Arms has the best AI currently.

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Nah, I think Halo 2's A*Is beat out just about anyone elses.

8. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    Nah, I think Halo 2's A*Is beat out just about anyone elses.

LOL. I hardly think the Amazing Suicidal Elite Corps is a good demonstration of AI. Halo 2's AI was alright, but it had nothing on the big lads. You want real AI, go for Far Cry. Top stuff..... ;)

9. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    wow. I make the thread, come back, and it's on page 6.

It's even funnier that it's gone this far and some firmly believe battlefront sux.

:p

I think the game could use more maps. That would make it alot better.

Adding teh episode 3 maps would fix half of what's wrong with the game.

[I really liked battlefront]

10. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    I hardly think the Amazing Suicidal Elite Corps is a good demonstration of AI. Halo 2's AI was alright, but it had nothing on the big lads. You want real AI, go for Far Cry. Top stuff.....

Sucidal? Me thinks I smell another newb playing it on easy mode. Taking cover when you're shields are down is hardly suicidal. The way they work on Legendary is almost a thing of beauty. I have four of them hiding behind crates pounding at my shields, while a fifth with a melee weapon is inching forward, moving from box to box 'till he finally kills me.

11. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    The only real problems I had with BF1 is :

A)The difficulty level was way to low. Playing on hard was the equivalent of playing easy on any other game.
    B) Map size. Bigger maps would be awsome especially all-space battles.
    C) More vehicles. Need more.
    D)A.I. Friendly and enemy A.I was weak. Notch that up add that with bigger maps, harder level of difficulty, more ships and then we have a good game. There was other crap I'd like to see in it but thats already in my other post.

And for the Person who asked the realease date, its Nov. 1st 05.

12. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i just wish i couldn't walk around and kill 1/4 of the opposing army every battle.

13. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    Sucidal? Me thinks I smell another newb playing it on easy mode. Taking cover when you're shields are down is hardly suicidal. The way they work on Legendary is almost a thing of beauty. I have four of them hiding behind crates pounding at my shields, while a fifth with a melee weapon is inching forward, moving from box to box 'till he finally kills me.

I assume you meant no insult. I'm a serious gamer, I never play any game on anything less than the hardest (except Doom 3, where Nightmare diffciulty is easier than Hard).

As for Halo 2 - sorry mate, but AI taking cover when vulnerable and supporting each other was perfected back in Half Life 1. It's nothing new. When I refer to suicidal, I meant the Elite's weird habit of either hurling plasma grendes at me when I'm almost on top of them - and then standing still while I scarper, getting themselves blown up - or the hilarious "suicidal rage" maneuver - where an elite growls, then dives off the nearest cliff/walkway edge.

Compare that to Far Cry, where the AI actually enages in feints, deceptions, true air support (where the helicopter relays your position to ground units), ambushes, distractions..... It's some of the finest AI I've ever seen. Certainly better than Halo 2's suicide squads ;)

14. SoftballJedi

SoftballJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    And for God's sake, give the female rebel a voice!!!

Oh yeah, that would be great on Battelfront 2, I never know if they understood what I said or not.

15. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    The Female Rebel had a voice. It was male, the same as the rebel soldier.

[face_peace]

16. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    I suppose any woman who served in the Rebellion must have to be butch..... [face_laugh]

17. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    Yep, she's just one of the guys.

18. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    A)The difficulty level was way to low. Playing on hard was the equivalent of playing easy on any other game.

That would depend. Difficulty fluxuates by map and side. Some maps on hard are ****ing tough and you have to play them 5 or 6 times before you can win as say the Republic.

I've said it in other threads I'll say it again here. The problem with Battlefront is that it was rushed and stuff was cut and left unpolished.

This game needs bigger maps, more modes (capture the flag would pwn), improved AI (as Exar said look at FarCry), and it needs a single player campaign.

19. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    The only hard map on there was the Cloud City if you were the Republic. But it was a good game. w

[face_peace]

20. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    lol, cloud city was easy....both of them where.....i loved the platforms one as it brang in some close quarters combat (in the bridges) :)

21. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    If they make it, they should add some of the friggin space battles, its just not Star Wars without space battles.

Myabe they should add more heroes too, like Han Solo, Chewie, Leia, Obi-Wan, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Lando, and other important characters that took place in the battles just not Luke and Vader...and how about the figgin heroes fightin each other on the field.

22. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    If they make it, they should add some of the friggin space battles, its just not Star Wars without space battles.

They are making it, and there will be space battles ;)

23. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I agree, add more of the movie characters like Lando and Plo Koon. Thatd make it seem a lot more like the movies.

Also, I'd really like to see a geonosis battle revamp. I thought the one in the game (battlefront I) was weak, compared to the intense one in the movie. Put more vehicles and make the levels larger.

24. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    Extremly larger. Like "look at the size of that thing larger"

[face_peace]

25. Night_Owl

Night_Owl Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok...My friend rented "Battle of Naboo". I watched him play it. From his word of mouth and watching HIM play. I saw that it wasn't even worth the effort to pick up the joystick. Got it? Or do you need me to use smaller words? I'm sorry I forgot to state that I only watched my friend play.

Compared to X-wing, Tie Fighter, X-wing vs. Tie Fighter, X-wing alliance, Dark forces, and Jedi Knight series. Lucas arts games have gone down hill in quality. BIG TIME! In those games I don't remember it crashing once everytime I played it.

There is no way I'm going to buy Star Wars Battlefront 2. No Way! Its the same game just tweaked alittle plus new levels. The graphics aren't pumped up for the pc end at all. They can't even put a Star Destroyer Hanger in the right place. It should be an add-on/ expansion pack. A new game title means better engine,graphics,AI, over all new and better look.

The only cool thing that sounds good from the new game is the level where you board a ship and take it over. But I'm not paying $50 dallors for that.

Yes Star Wars Battlefront is like a drug and fun. But not when it crashes on you every other round. You guys have been Jedi Mind tricked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.