main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Battlefront - The Novel? (Is this an announcement?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    My problem with it is that, unless I get a new graphics card in my computer or buy a PS4 or XbOne, I won't be able to play it. And to upgrade my computer, I'd basically have to rebuild it all from scratch due to it being an Alienware. Though, it would take quite a lot to get me to play a Battlefront game with a controller instead of mouse & keyboard, considering that's how I played the first two.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015

:rolleyes:

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Don't start your posts with "my problem with it is that," or I'll confuse who you are.

4. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014
    No they listed the Bantam books as well

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    wait a minute, your saying that dark disciple is really 8 episodes made into a novel instead of 4?

6. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    It probably will be both. Around 2 or 3 years ago EA made a big commitment to making the Battlefield series far more story based than before. They've kept to that with the last three two entries and I expect battlefield to be the same. My guess is that its going to be an Original campaign featuring a set cast of characters but were watching these guys over the 9 years between ANH and ROTJ.

7. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    It's EA. It won't be done right. :p

8. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Interesting to me that they put Dark Disciple after The Clone Wars. I always assumed Dark Disciple was a prequel simply because Ventress still has her hair we see in the flashbacks from when she was a Jedi-in-training. Sorta makes me think this list isn't all that accurate in terms of timeline placement.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Dark Disciple is a season 7 arc of TCW. It goes after the the Bonus content.

10. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, but the episodes didn't air in chronological order, so being from season 7 doesn't necessarily mean they would have been the latest episodes chronologically.

EDIT: I just went back and read the product description and I guess this does take place at least after Dooku betrays Ventress. Odd that she'd suddenly grow her hair back...

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I wonder if the novel will have microtransactions? I guess only the ebook version.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    After Season 3, they were all chronological.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Except for Revival in Season 5 I think - it got moved from before Mauldalore to the season premiere I think.

darthcaedus1138 and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    There will be the base novel, the premium ebook edition, and a complete edition down the line with the base novel and with the biggest microtransactions as well as expansions included*.

*Note that complete edition does not contain all content currently available and are sold separately.

15. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  16. Morlak

Morlak Jedi Knight

Feb 24, 2015
    One might take it as a good sign, that they focus on the Star Wars fans before the generic video games fans.

17. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Except that it also might be a bad sign. If it's a bad game, they know that the only ones who will buy it almost for sure are Star Wars fans who have been salivating for a new Battlefront game for a decade. I mean, I expect better of DICE (if not EA) to make a game that's at least decent, but after Battlefield 4, there no telling that the game won't be horribly broken on launch and immediately put a lot of people off. They want to cement a relationship with the core fanbase, that way they know no matter how crappy the game might be out the gate, they'll still sell a million copies.

18. Morlak

Morlak Jedi Knight

Feb 24, 2015
    It'd have to be absolutely, undeniably horrid for that to happen: Video game developers are very proud people and you'll never find one who has little hope in their project, specially when they still have half a year to polish it.

Also, if that were the case, they would definitely have postponed the closed doors demo earlier this month, considering it was shown to their retailers, one of the most important parts in their supply chain. Even if you think EA is intervening to release a terrible product just to meet the deadlines, I really doubt they would risk giving a bad impression to them, since their relationship is central to their success.

Nah, I don't think they are going for a machiavelian strategy to sell crap to Star Wars fan because they know they'd buy it anyway (Not that I don't think EA is capable of doing it, under different circumstances)

19. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    I agree with you, actually. EA is smart enough to know that their reputation among more hardcore gamers is in the toilet, and they have to earn some good will with their first non-TOR Star Wars game. Showing it on the biggest stage possible for SW fans is pretty smart in that regard. It's them saying, "We know this matters to you guys, so you're going to see it before the game's press or the E3 crowd."

The Positive Fan likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    So, seems like the rest of the Star Wars fan world discovered today the same thing I did and posted about here a week and a half ago, and now it's all over twitter and the news sites. Sheesh.

Jedi-Bibliothek, Making Star Wars, and long conversation thread on the twitter of Florian B posted a few hours ago.

TheForce.net Lit Boards: Where News Breaks, But Nobody Hears it ;)

21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought it was weird that it was suddenly news today when you pointed it out here earlier...