NYC, NY Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    It comes out next week on Sept 21st. Anyone plan on getting it? I might even take a break from SWG ro try it out.

Official Site
  2. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If its not to much money I may get it for XBOX
  3. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    I am getting it ... first for my PS2 as I want to play on a console (I have not net connected to that, but probably play with my bro in 2 player format).

I will more than likely get it for PC later - can the various platforms link or does it have to be X-box and X-box / PC and PC / etc?

So I may join you all later, when I am well practiced. Oh, I am currently getting rebel faction points on SWG lol - busy defacing Imperial statues! The scoundrel!
  4. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    I've already got mine pre-ordered. Unfortunately you can't link PC-Xbox, PC-PS2, PS2-Xbox, etc. A bunch of us ECG guys are going to be getting together to play, maybe you guys could put together an Xbox squad for this or arrange something through the Rebel Legion and we could have local tourney's or something?

Just a thought
  5. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Take a break from SWG?!?! WHAT?! NEVER! lol

Musta... play...swg. Must...become..jedi.

That and in about 2 weeks i'll be beta testing Jump to Lightspeed. I knew shmozzing with the swg devs at comic con was a good idea! :p
  6. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I pre-ordered a copy today. I was gonna get it for X-BOX, but I have no plans of going online with X-BOX, so I ordered it for the PC.

Sam, it will be very hard to get away from SWG for this. It all depends on if I have fun playing Battlefront alone, then I will go online with it and see what happens from there.
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Gary and I pre-ordered it about a month and a half ago. You can shoot ewoks. Tres bien.
  8. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you know what the price is?
  9. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    There's never a charge for shooting Ewoks. ;)
  10. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL Joe

not the price I was talking about though ;)
  11. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Joe keeps winning my Corny Jokes Award. I need to get the plaque made.
  12. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Joe keeps winning my Corny Jokes Award. I need to get the plaque made.
    YAY for me!!!! [face_dancing]

I never win anything. lol/>
  13. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just put my order down for the PC version.

I plan on getting a private server going, password protection and all, if this will run like all other Multiplayer modes I've seen in other games.

Who wants in? I can run the PC server while Darth Venom could get an X-Box server going.

If it turns out that the PS2 version of the game is actually better(or more stable) than the PC version, I may switch to a PS2 format since my PS2 is online-capable. Otherwise, we'd need someone to cover the PS2 version.

So who's gonna be on what server? :D

- Johnny
  14. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    If only I reserved a PC copy. I'm more of the PS2/XBox/Gamecube (yeah I got all three) kinda gals.
  15. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be getting the PC version. I'm down for some online play.
  16. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    johnny_nod - I'll join ya on the PC pal :) (looks like I am getting two versions then lol - that's enough for me as there is only one law in this life ... MEN CAN'T MULTI-TASK, my brain hurts)

Just don't expect much help Johnny - remember I am British and the Brits in the films are usually useless (think Threepio, all the stiff Imp leaders who couldn't stop a bunch of crazy American kids, and ok ... we can take the blame for the ewoks too if you want since a lot of them were Brits if I remember corrctly, I know Kenny B lives in a town near me).

I would be an ewok if I could just so I can run the gauntlet of hatred that will be online ... and then when they think they have me, unleash the log smasher :D Ya can kiss my short and furry >beep<

**EDIT - Just had another thought, are they allowing cross-world linkage? I don't see there being a problem, but sometimes US like keeping stuff to itself *grumble no fecking UK release of the Droids/Ewoks dvds* :p **
  17. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey...Ben Kenobi was brittish dude.
  18. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I'm definitely getting this. Probably will get both the PC and PS2 versions. I'll be getting them at Best Buy so I can get the special SW Insider collectors edition :)
  19. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Lol Mike - and look where being British got him - that whole killer of a "noble sacrifice" thing and the next minute he is a Vader Saber Shish kebab. We are either useless or noble lemmings. Rule Britannia lol!

Anyways, don't worry, I am joking. There are plenty of good reasons to be happy to be a Brit, for example the DVD comes out on 20th and not 21st :p and secondly ... the Star Wars factfiles. They rock!
  20. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    Meri: Cool...but does the Special SW Insider Collector's Edition lead to lollipops?

HAH! Didn't think so. :D

BellaSabrina: Assuming you'll pick up a PS2 version of the game, how's about you, Gary, or both of you helm a PS2 server?

If you do, I'll nab my own copy of a PS2 version and seek your server out. I'll be an Ewok(or rather, a member of a Rebel faction dubbed TATSEC(The Alliance To Stop Ewok Cruelty :p)) alongside Timbolton and see if I can hit either Gary or Marie in the Scout Trooper kneecaps with my trusty pointed stick(but only if Tim's at my hip). :)

Failing that...um...

BLAST 'EM! :D

I'm thinking of making my PC server's fights more interesting by fitting them up with mini-storylines. For example, a Naboo battle scenario...

.General Secura has ordained that her Republic Army reinforcements, originally arranged to hold ground she has gained on the Geonosis battle front, be relocated to Naboo to provide defense at the Theed Palace in deference to Queen Jamilla's desire to remain there until Chancellor Palpatine's promised armies arrive to reinforce sensitive sections of the Naboo infrastructure. Intelligence has indicated that the Separatist General Sev'Rance Tann intends to flush Jamilla out in the open by way of an aerial bombardment if her Battledroids fail to succeed in the initial ground assault.

Of course, this is just a rough outline, but potentially useable. I'm not worried if the scenarios conflict with canon...after all, I believe it's possible for Republic Clone Troopers to mix it up with their latter-day Stormtrooper incarnations.

Anyone get the impression that this game will ultimately render "Galactic Battlegrounds" completely obsolete? :)

- Johnny
  21. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Johnny you never know! There may be an ad for candy in the magazine! LOL OK I know I'm reaching here but you never know...LOL. Besides, maybe I'll go buy lollipops after I pick up Battlefront :D
  22. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Yub Yub Commander Nod!

Bears teeth at nasty Imps.
  23. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm am I forseeing some old Jedi Outcastage groups getting back together and going 1 on 1? We need to get Rich K and Dion involved and then it'll be like old times again!

Except.. I'm not at Stonybrook :p
  24. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  25. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I am in for whatever PC gaming takes place. I do not really want to get into online gaming with X-Box and PS2.

I just hope I do not suck with Battlefront like I did with Outcast. might as well stick with SWG where I know I can survive. :)

Put me down for whatever rebel team there is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.