main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Which one was TriumphJedi?

Was that you, Sam?

Who was who for that run? I'm curious...

Good stuff in any case! :)

- Johnny

2. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I'm TriumphJedi, of course. ;)

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I was Oriyan - Thats the name i use in SWG.

I was killed by Will within the fisrt minute.. i was like.. Musta been will.. LOL

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Sorry Sam :D

5. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Mercy is for the weak!!

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I got myself a PS2 gamepad converter this weekend so I can play it on my PC (albeit a misshap of sorts when it removed the drivers for my modem lol), prefer those controls to mouse and keyboard.

I am now ready to fight lol! So please let me know when any PC MEPA / NYC matches are on, hopefully it won't be too late (I am +5 hours ahead of you)

I have been addicted to this since I got the controller sorted - played on a few servers.

And funny stories - people keep asking how old I am, so I tell them and they end up shocked - keep forgetting it may well be a lot of kids on there. A 9 year-old got peeved 'cos I wouldn't hand out my email / msn so they could chat privately - I was so so so against this, I told them not a good idea, and they went off in a huff lol. Anyone else has similar? Or is just me who attracts the strange'uns lol?

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Its just you Tim. lol ;)
    I've actually found a cool group on X-Box Live. Most of which are in their upper 20's or older.

8. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I friggin' hate that Endor battle on the historical campaign. I'm still not past it.

Gaaaaahhhhh!

9. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    At least you're up to it. I'm stuck on Bespin.

10. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Quick note to all Battlefront-ers...

A Patch has been made available(Gamespy alerted me to it) which fixes multiplayer issues.

I fancy you'll find it at the Lucasarts site.

My Password-protected server will be back soon! :)

- Johnny

11. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    At least you're up to it. I'm stuck on Bespin.

I got Bespin after a few tries. I didn't waste time with the X-wings or TIE fighters. I perched myself (sniper or fleet trooper) at the beginning of one of the long connective hallways between platforms and ordered my troops to hold the line. Once the imperials started coming down the jetway I just lobbed thermal dets & concussion grenades after they started to bunch up. After I ran out (here's where keeping an x-wing pilot handy pays off for reloading) I just picked them off one by one with my trusty sniper rifle while my boys laid waste to the area. Try that strategy, it may help or give you different ideas.

It's too bad we can't call in air support. That would be awesome on Hoth, Geonosis or Tatooine.

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I love the Battle of Hoth...Yeah, I finally get to pilot an AT-AT! Take that you Rebel mo-fo's!

So far, I've done the Clone Wars Campaign, and the Galactic Civil War Campaign, and I'm in the middle of the Galactic Conquest missions.

This game is sweet...I can't wait to get my broadband connected...Best part is, because I work for Telewest here in England (Yes, I'm working again!), I get their broadband for free at the end of the year, and if I want the super sweet 1.5meg or 3meg connection, I get sweet discounts! Yeah, I gotta play you guys! :)

13. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    How did you get past Endor?

14. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Ok..you got a different Bespin then I did. I'm doing Galatic Conquest and am fighting as the rebels on the other Bespin board. The Imps keep slaughtering me.

15. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Endor was tough. I was more a general than a soldier. I did alot of the "follow me" command and set up a front at the "steps". You can let the other side take the "steps" or your done.

my 2 cents.
    ~DG~

16. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Ah! I'll try that. Thanks Gary.

17. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "How did you get past Endor?"

It's not really that hard...It can be, but not supremely difficult. All I do, really is just press forward with an all out assult. I spawn myself at a base that's as close to one of theirs as possible, and then just charge them single handed.

Strafing an opponent seems to work for me. It keeps you moving at an awkward angle to them, so it's hard for them to hit you, whilst maintaining a good target on them.

Well, that's how I do it anyway.

18. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Do you focus on thier bases first? Do you bother with the shield generator at all?

19. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Forget the shield generator. Go for the bases; they are the key.

Besides, I don't think you can actually take the shield generator, anyway. I've managed to sneak in while there is still enough enemies left on the game to keep playing, and try to capture/destroy the bunker, and it is impossible. It can't take damage.

Go for the bases, and kill the Imperial troops as normal.

20. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    you can take out the shield generator. but it takes some time to do it. You have to shoot the control panel. It can be done, but like I said it takes a while to do it. I recommend using the Wookies.

21. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I came sooooo close to beating Endor today. Darn!!!

You can destroy the generator but as I've discovered, it's not worth it. I took a wookie on a speeder bike, flanked the generator, sniped the TKs in the turrets and jumped down from the roof. Lobbed some time bombs and grenades until I ran out. I sniped the new TK's manning the turrets, ran to the droid to get restocked, went back inside, and blew up the generator. Then I went outside and lost the game because I wasted so much time on that one objective that my bases were overrun. I hate ewoks more than ever!!!

I am extremely happy to report that I conquered the galaxy with the Empire. Even more thrilling was being able to destroy Naboo and every single Gungan in it!!! I'm off to Coruscant to kill Jar Jar. :)

22. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I RULE!!!

Finally, I've beaten Endor. No thanks to Jim Henson's demon spawn (ewoks).

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Congrats on beating Endor. :)

24. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks. I just beat it again on the galactic conquest.

Napalm sticks to Ewoks.

25. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "Napalm sticks to Ewoks."

Mmmmmm....Krispy Krittersssssss..... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.