main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    *on beating Endor*

...and there was much rejoicing. "yaaayyy..." :)

Anyone up for Battlefront this weekend? Late Saturday or Sunday?

It's password-protected and only troub...uh, Samantha knows the PW! Anyone else needs to PM me to find out what it is!

Why the password? Best way to keep disrespectful trollers out, IMHO.

All wings report in... :)

- Johnny

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Johnny - what time would be your late Saturday?
    I'd be up for it, just gotta work out when.
    My 6am is your 1am, that's best way to figure from there. And yeah, I CAN get up at 6am on Sunday if you want to play.

Early bird I am :p

Only thing I am not sure on is that the hour goes back in UK pretty soon (Daylight saving or whatever), so that will affect time we are on

3. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    For all who can check in...

Look for "MEPA PW Server" at *12 midnight* tonight.

Those who were at the meeting got the PW, otherwise PM me!

I'll be 'johnny_nod', of course...

I'm going chronologically here, so expect a Bespin map followed by Kamino, then Geonosis and a Naboo map before we get into the Galactic Civil War end of things...Yavin, Hoth, another Bespin map...before finally ending with the infamous Endor map.

Die well! :)

- Johnny

**UPDATE: The server will be running between 12 and 12:30 a.m. Gotta do a quick shopping run. :) **

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I love Hoth. Hothy Hoth Hoth! I like to get in a snowspeeder and run strafing cover for the AT-AT takedown pilots. I pick off the missile launching shock troopers and any other pesky pedestrian Stormies. ;)

I was playing on the HothForever server for awhile, until it became soured with annoying hardcore punks who would kill team members and even park snowspeeders on top of the Falcon to keep them unavailable. [face_plain]

I do not like Endor at all. Too many frelling trees and those Ewok screams of Aiii--eeee-yaaaaaahhh!! drive me nuts.

5. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah- Endor is a sniper's dream come true. So many places to hide. :D hehehe

6. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I love sniping from the rear elevated gazebos at the Kashyyyk Docks. I also like to snipe in Tipoca City, and on Hoth where I camp out in the eastern bunker and pick off Imperials coming over the south ridge.

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I love taking my ship in the Bespin platform level and landing behind the lines, capturing a flag and hauling tail outta there. While those screwheads are filing into that area, I strafe em' like ducks in a pond. "Git some!!"

Hoth is great because if I'm an IMP, I beat the hell out of the base I want to take with my AT-AT. I make sure I knock out the two turrets right next to the building. I debark my vehicle and haul my butt up the opposite side of the hill and jump on top of the roof. With the turrets destroyed, the can't get a shot at me and I'm able to capture that flag. "HA HA GIT SUM!!!"

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I think it's more than likely my comp that makes it go bad, but does anyone else have problems (lag mainly) on these maps -

Naboo Plains
    Yavin Temple (sometimes the Arena too)

I nearly always get bad lag on them, and seems all the servers have them lol

What's everyone favourite map / conflict?
    I would have said Clone Wars era, but I am seriously growing dissatisfied - it just feels there is an unbalance against droids IMHO, I love playing as Clones but when I have been on as a Droid I really struggle and seem to take less hits before I die. So I'm leaning towards the Rebellion Era as they seem to be more equal and therefore fairer.

I am not a vehicle person usually, but do take a lot of fun from stealing the opposing side's vehicles lol.

As for maps - both Bespins are great, I LOVE corridor battles and the pushing enemies back. Just makes it feel so very SW. Rhen Var is great too, and as a DHC fan its great to be on there, and like Will I think Hoth is cool - I love the base taking as Imps as that is where all the players fight so hard.

I am a huge fan of the Clone Wars era (again the comics have influenced that) but I must say that Geonosis isn't a favourite and the Naboo ones are problematic for the lag on my comp, as are the Yavin levels. Kashyyyk is fine.

So, if they make an expansion, where next? Which planets would you like to see re-created? You think it would be cool to see the Fringe as a third faction?

9. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I like Tipoca City (Kamino). Dont know why, but I consider it a defeat if they take over the Cloning facility.

Mos Espa is cool. I play it as Clone Troopers - kind of a sweep and clear. The Jet pack trooper rocks on the roof tops. I always attack the cantina first and take it over.

~DG~

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Kamino should be one of my favourites, since the Battle of Kamino was one of the best issues of Republic (#50), but everytime I have played it the Republic always wins (I am usually on the Republic side), so somehow it seems more in favour of the Republic. But it is a nice level.

I agree with you, I prefer to city ones which are in confined space to the ones that are more "open". Ducking and diving between buildings is fun.

11. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    tim- you should play it on X-box against me and some of my buddies. We're always the CIS and we mop the platforms with clones on Kamino. :D
    Thats also one of my favorite boards and I love the CIS.

Droids rule, clones drool! hehehe Roger roger!

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Poodoo, only have the old PC linked to the web, and no X-Box :_|

13. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    PC user **ALERT**

The Version 1.1 update of Battlefront is now available via download from Lucasarts.com.

Also...I'll be bringing my server up again tonight, tomorrow, or even both nights. If you want in, let's talk availability(I know about you, Tim :) ).

Oh, and I'm relenting on the PW since we're all FanForcers here(and not gamers who come in and ruin sessions by being player-killers).

The killing of members of your own team will NOT be possible, and I'm bringing up the same group of maps I had last time...a Bespin map followed by Kamino, then Geonosis and a Naboo map for a Clone Wars circuit. The Galactic Civil War end of things? Yavin, Hoth and another Bespin map.

Be sure to download the new patch before joining. Look for the "MEPA PW Server". I'll most likely be mixing it up with 'bots so just join right in. :)

The Password is: THX1138

Hope to see some of you PC Battlefront-ers there!

Die well!

- Johnny

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool Johnny, will keep my eye out for it ;)

Mind if my older bro joins in too if he is available? He'll be Driz if you see him, I am TimB (I added the B like my DHC profile cos there were lots of Tim's around, it's like attack of the Tim Clones lol)

15. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    I gotta gets me some Xbox live.

It would be cool to shoot Ewok with y'all.

hyuk hyuk.

~DG~

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    TFN is reporting this -

"Jabba's Palace Battlefront Map
    Sat, Nov 06, 04 12:05:25 AM EST

LucasArts has news of a new map for Star Wars Battlefront:
    LucasArts and Pandemic Studios announced today a new map that will be available soon for PC and Xbox players of Star Wars Battlefront. The new map will send players back to the desert planet of Tatooine for a battle in Jabba?s Palace. The action will include battles with Gamorrean Guards, the dreaded Rancor and even an appearance by Jabba the Hutt. The new PC content is scheduled to go live on November 19, 2004 with the Xbox content available soon after."

[http://www.theforce.net/games/index.shtml#25148]

I really like the idea of fighting the Rancor, I was also hoping for the Geonosian Arena beasts at some point. :)

So thanks LucasArts for a sweeeeeeeeeeeet birthday pressie lol.

First one to topple the fat hutt wins :p

17. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    This map is going to be hell in multiplayer. All-out war inside a single structure. And I thought the Cloud City connecting hallways were bad... :)

18. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Can't wait for the new map. Sweet! And to think...they lead us to think X-Box wouldn't have downloadable content. :D

19. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That's it!!! I've had it!!! No more. NO MORE!!!

Next week: X-BOX!!!!

I may wind up single again but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. LMAO!

20. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    A full-on fight inside Jabba's Palace? I wonder if they'll go so far as to create appropriate reactions to the business of seeing Clone Troopers and CIS Droids/Stormtroopers and Rebels mixing it up in his audience chamber.

I mean, do we get to accidentally shoot Oola or something? Do we fight around that dreaded platform in front of Jabba hoping that we don't hear him yell "Boscka!" and hit the button that casts your feuding fighters into the Rancor pit?

Or are they just going to be flat sprites to fight around, only moving to the extent that Jabba hits the button whenever your fighters sprint over the chasm door in front of him?

I'd like to see how they're gonna pull the logistics of *this* idea off, never mind the lack of space! :)

- Johnny

(PS: Gotta agree with you, Tim...the Geonosian execution arena would make a suh-WEET battle map, Geonosian beasties and all! Although I still say, regardless of their scuttlebutt about being inspired by Harryhausen and Jurassic Park, that the Acklay creature is a dead ringer for the Zerg(of Blizzard's "Starcraft" PC wargame series)! :) )

21. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I finally got Battlefront! Bring it on!! hehehe

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, the patch 1.11 with Jabba's Palace is up, and now they have an unsupported (by LA) SDK - Standard Development Kit. This means that modders out there have the tools to make maps now :)

This is for the 1.11 Patch and Jabba map -

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=16869&tstart=0

This is the thread on the LA Forums for the SDK - you have to download from Fileplanet.com -

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=20058&tstart=0

The PC Tool Kit Forum

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=42

I may have a go at making map in New Year ;)

23. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Does anyone know if there is a cheat code to let the green clone have the blaster rifle for XBOX?

~DG~

24. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    No one wants to play anymore? :( Gary, you really need X-Box Live...LOL

25. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    When I we move to the new place, I am gonna get the set up. Just in time for everyone to move onto the next thing - like Republic Commando (hint hint)

~DG~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.