main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Book Finding Quest!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarByStar, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarByStar

StarByStar Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Hey guys,hope that subject wasnt too crappy lol. Ne ways,ive been on a major quest to find/ buy older books, the Junior Jedi Knights series, other young adult novels that are rare and hard to find. Ive even been trying to get the Jedi Quest series,which by the way apparently are hard to find,specifically #3,7 are even out of print and are selling for triple their price!! Why? How is that these two novels are the rarest and most expensive!?!? Also, does anyone have any suggestions where i can find and buy some older books? I bought another Dark Forces book, but the Rebel Agent is still hard to find! Dammit! Thanks for your help!

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Check every used bookstore you can find, and look CAREFULLY in the kid's section. I found all of the JJK books that way. Most of the Jedi Quest books can still be found in regular bookstores, even if they are out of print. I'd check at all the new, large, booksellers in your area. Hurry, though, they're dissapearing quickly.

Half.com is a good site to buy from if you can't find something elsewhere. I've gotten some great deals on comic TPBs there.

TC

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Used bookstores and flea markets were great to me when I was looking for older SW books, I got a LOT of pre-1999 books that way. Just keep looking around, I'm sure you'll stumble on them if you look hard enough.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you were in the UK I'd suggest Forbidden Planet. The London store has quite a few of the old YA books in the Star Wars section.(At least they did last time I was there). You might find them used on Amazon as well.

There are also a couple of book search sites online that I have used successfully, especially when I was hunting for the Galaxy of Fear books.

pricefarmer
    Addall

Hope this helps!

5. StarByStar

StarByStar Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Thanks guys.Ya i was just on Amazon i ordered the Original Trilogy on DVD; the original theatrical release due in Sept! Im so excited. Ne ways,yea i began browsing books,and comics,i even found Empires End! Its expensive though! $75. I guess its worth it though eh,i have the first 2 Empire volumes.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    NO, no it's not, not anymore. Also in September, Dark Horse is releasing a reprint of Dark Empire II, with Empire's End included. Sure, you have the second one already, but it's still cheaper than $75... ;)

TC

7. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Plus, Empire's End simply isn't worth that kind of money. The price of a TPB is worthwile, yes, for the closure and continuity info, but frankly the visuals and story are nearly universally agreed to be awful.

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Particularly with Palpatine looking more like a vampire than a Sith Lord.

9. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    100 % agree on this - Goodwill is a great spot too, they put all the kids books on one shelf - I got 2 copies from Junior Jedi Knights recently that looked like they hadn't even been read - and the audio radio drama of Dark Empire for .75 cents!

10. AnddreWicha

AnddreWicha Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2001
    I have found most of my older SW books on EBay... just a suggestion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.