main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Books/Comics discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    8-}

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0439339227.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Jedi Quest #5: The Shadow Trap is at Borders now. I'm not sure if they put any copies on street level but you can find them downstairs. I haven't read it yet but I'm already sick of Anakin's head on the cover--if you look at the previous books, they never changed it!!! It's still the same damn face and expresion! [face_plain]

I'm sure the book won't be too bad though. 8-}

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Wow, thanks for that. I'll head down to pick it up after my exam tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to see how Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship is faring after the events at the end of JQ 5.

In July, there's a book coming out by Jude Watson covering four generations of Padawan and Master teams - Yoda/Dooku, Dooku/Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon/Obi, Obi/Ani.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    It will be interesting to see how Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship is faring after the events at the end of JQ 5

.... oh, na - wouldn't wanna "spoil ya".

:p ;)

4. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    there's a book coming out by Jude Watson covering four generations of Padawan and Master teams - Yoda/Dooku, Dooku/Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon/Obi, Obi/Ani.

Sounds interesting. :) I wonder what Dooku was like when he's a teenager, lol.

Ahhhh, my last exam just finished today. Now I can add JQ5 to my long list of SW books I've started reading or am planning to read.

Hmm. They moved Using the Force back to General library again. :confused:

5. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Using the Force was on the short loan list for FTVMS 100. We had a couple of lectures on media fandom, except the focus was on Xena online fandom.

I wrote my essay on Star Wars and Harry Potter online fandom though, so I used the book as a reference :)

I finished JQ5 this afternoon. Some really sad moments ... Hayden was right, it is like the Titanic sinking. But there were some really touching moments as well.

6. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    Hayden was right, it is like the Titanic sinking.

That's what he said? [face_shocked]

Also, the new Insider is out. Has a pic of ANH Leia on the cover pointing a gun but not looking very intimidating. :D I read the interview with Carrie Fisher, and the colume about the post-Clone Wars comic books and they sound pretty exciting. There was an introduction to the one about Anakin joining a group of "orphaned" Padawans. Er... I forgot what it's called.

Attack of the Clones: The Complete Guide to the Incredible Locations from Star Wars EPISODE II has been out for some time, now I finally remembered to post about it, I don't see it anymore. Has some really nice pictures in there. :)

7. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hayden said Anakin's turn is kind of like the Titanic sinking, because of its tragic inevitability.

I'm really behind with the comics. That new arc coming up with Obi-Wan MIA sounds great. I'll have to get over to Heroes4Sale at some stage.

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I picked up Empire 8 and Republic 52 today ... I was actually looking for Republic 55, the first in the four part arc with Obi MIA, but you take what you can get.

Empire #8 was great ... it's just starting a four part story about how Biggs goes from the academy to the rebellion. I've always thought Biggs needed to lose that moustache though .. makes him look about thirty, for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.