main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Books

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Was just wondering if anyone else read some of the star wars books. I just finished the Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter one. (Thanks Carrie) That one was pretty darn good.

I had bought 5 star wars books, with the help of a gift card. Just started reading Children of the Jedi now.

My fav. so far has to be the Admiral Thrawn trilogy. Also really liked the Jedi Academy trilogy. Where look goes around looking for Jedi to start a new jedi academy.

Haven't touched any of the New Jedi stuff yet. Need to finish what I have already =P

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hate to break it to ya, but you've already read the best books! :D The Thrawn trilogy is as good as it gets. I'm not saying don't read the other ones, to each their own. But try to steer clear of the Courtship of Princess Leia ;)
    And despite what some people may tell you, the Young Jedi Series is really good

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    shadows of the empire is the other good book you should check out.

i have courtship but i haven't read it yet. i also have some of the rogue squadron books but haven't read those either. honestly i found the 'tales' series (tales from jabba palace, tales of the bounty hunters, etc) to be quite enjoyable.

4. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I've read shadows ... liked that alot. And also i have 2 collection books of the young jedi. With the solo kids. So i've read around 12 of those. Very good books they are. Not sure how many more there are. I'm a slow reader.

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree that the Thrawn trilogy is the best of the EU novels. You can take the New Jedi Order...it's horrible in my opinion. I'm still trying to get through the Corellian trilogy (Ambush at Corellia, etc.) it's very boring and slow. Also, call me jaded, but anything involving the Solo kids turns my stomach.

6. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    NJO=yuck. i skipped vector prime and tried reading book #2...i couldn't get very far into it. i like prequel books much better....except don't buy rogue planet. it's a waste of your money. you're welcome to borrow from my library though. what i have in that bookcase is just a fraction of the SW novels i own though. i've got tons more in boxes at my mom's.

7. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Looks like i'll be staying clear of the new jedi order. Was thinking it would be pretty good since the jedi academy trilogy was done fairly well.

Does anyone know the name of the series where look goes to the dark side? And also is it just in comic book form or is there a novelization of it? thanks =)

8. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    the only series i can think of where luke goes to the dark side is "dark empire" and "dark empire II". i have the trade paperback of both.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Dark Empire (along with Dark Forces w/ Kyle Katarn, Crimson Empire and Tales of the Jedi) are also available as radio dramas if you can find them.
    Don't pass on anything b/c someone doesn't like it. You can't please everyone all the time. Check it out, you're the only one who can say if you like it or not. I've enjoyed the NJO myself. It was a good change from the Evil Warlord/SuperWeapon/Kidnapping Plot of the week the books had fallen into.
    The Tales books are great...I think we covered all this in another thread a couple months ago, didn't we? I have a strange feeling of deja vu...

10. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Crimson Empire rocks!! I'm a little biased since I'm a Royal Guard in the 501st :) But seriously, it's a good story and worth reading.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    Dark Empire (along with Dark Forces w/ Kyle Katarn, Crimson Empire and Tales of the Jedi) are also available as radio dramas if you can find them.

i have the dark forces trilogy on CD, great story. i like it cause luke is minimal in it. i also have some tales of the jedi stuff on tape, also awesome.

i never got a chance to read crimson empire, but i wanted to. now i'll have to track it down.

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    ooooh. You have Dark Forces on CD??? I'd be very interested in borrowing it to...umm... listen to it. I'm dying to get all the radio dramas on mp3.

13. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Hi,
    I?m usually on the Fanfic board but every once in a while I drop in on this board.
    If any of you plan on reading all of the Star War books I suggest that you go to the TFN book section. The link to it is books
    This will give you a list of all of the books in chronological order.

We ?Rogue Islanders? are very fortunate because we have the library C.L.A.N. system. I borrowed most of the books from the system. All you need is a
    library card. You can be connected to the C.L.A.N. by going to the web site of your local library or by using OSFN. Obviously you can do this at the library but I found it easier to reserve books from my home.

A few year ago, I was on the Lit board and I made reference to our library system??Our library system makes us the envy of many Star Wars fans around the world.

~Lelila~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.