main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit star wars books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mystica, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystica

mystica Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2016
    hey

im buying books off amazon and im wondering what to choose. i already own the thrawn triology (an interesting read). id like to read about the force and the battle between good and evil.. and less about wars, politics etc

i was thinking lost tribe of the sith, revan and jedi something written in first person luke

what do you think?

thanks

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Well there is a first person Luke book called Heir to the Jedi but it's not really one of the best.

Are you wanting books that connect to the new movies? Not sure if you are aware of the recent canon wipe.

3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Well, 'Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor' has a massive battle between Jedi General Luke Skywalker and darksider Lord Shadowspawn, taking place 6 months after Return of the Jedi. While it is part of the EU Legends material that was removed from canon in 2014, there is nothing in the novel itself that prevents it taking place in the Disney canon of The Force Awakens, etc. so far.

4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

It isn't bad. The story is fresh and doesn't overshadow the movies, and Hearne's view of the Force is excellent.

Stymi likes this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If you're looking to read good Star Wars books without worrying about canon, the X-Wing series are an excellent next stop, as they tie in nicely with the Thrawn trilogy.

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Drew Karpyshn's novel 'Revan' is pretty bad. His trilogy about Darth Bane is much better and fits your given requirements.

7. mystica

mystica Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2016
    whats canon?

ok so im getting lost tribes and darrh bane and still got one to choose

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    mystica - I'm going to refer you to the Lit board's convenient "What Should I Read?" thread here.

I'm also going to ask you to please read our Terms of Service, and pull back on creating quite so many new threads. Look to post in some existing ones while you find your way around. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.