Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2!!! (and Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Reign, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Han - you eventually do end up back in the area with the big steam pipes, though this time you can get on top of them and get to the continue point since you now have the jetpack. If you look back in this thread I know some helpful hints were posted (as I posted some of them)..
  2. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't find the purple lit edge

I looked evrywhere

where is it?
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If you can't find the purple-lit ledge, look around for Meeko's speeder and the walkway
    leading back to the med lab and canal area where you started the level and get to that walkway. Turn right, then left going back thru the initial streets. When you get to your start point, ignore it and go straight.
    The speeder turns left and you can follow it or land on the bridge platform. Meeko will go over the rooftop and you can't follow, so land in the canal sewer and look for a metal sluice pipe with a grate. Cut thru it, head on in, boost up at the end thru a continue point. You are now ready for the sewers (and I think I posted that hint a few pages back..)
  4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    I am stuck on Chapter 5: A Favor For A Hunt: Tusken Canyon.

I follow the path to the three caves where you meet the tusken raiders for the first time on that level. My problem is, I can't get to the top most ledge to proceed with the game.
  5. Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    inside of the cave there is a hole in one of the ceilings that you have to fly up.
  6. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My problem is, I can't get to the top most ledge to proceed with the game.

I think he is talking about the ledge that the tuskens are on when you first meet them Obi-Wan__Kenobi.

All you need to do is go up to the edge jump and then jetpack and grab onto the edge. Its as simple as that. :)
  7. LottDodd Force Ghost

star 4
    We Need New Codes.... All the Codes Published are boring...
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Cmdr: If you are talking about the ledge with the tent at the beginning, the Strategy
    Guide suggests getting onto one of the rock platforms, boosting vertically up then over to the ledge.
  9. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    I am stuck on the 2nd level (the find meeko one).

I get to the point where you are in the coridoor and there should be 2 doors (one to bring you back to the beginnig and another). I think I am in the right spot, but none of the doors will open...did I miss something?
  10. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    EB - I replayed this level today but I am not quite sure where you are. I assume you got the jetpack. Have you been back through the steam pipe section a second time? If so, boost over the canal turn right, then left, and go down the street. Look up for a ledge with bacta fluid on it.Boost onto it and keep boosting up. You hit a break in the left wall and can boost there to follow the speeder. Eventually you appear above the first canal area opposite the door to the med lab where Meeko's men ambushed you at the beginning. A Tip in the Strategy Guide says to move through the building on the ground level through the large metal brown door and out the other side. Eventually you end up in a new canal sewer and you look for a sluice pipe with a mesh screen to cut.
  11. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    No I don't have the jet pack yet...I saw your post on the previous page...I am at the exact spot you talk through with in your first post on the previous page.

You talk about going into the room with 2 doors...one on the north end and south end...one brings you to the beginning. I am at this part, but either I'm not at the right doors or they are not opening.

In the game's manual, it says some doors won't open unless you kill all the enemies, but I went back and couldn't find anyone to kill. I am stuck.
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    EB - if you are referring to this from my earlier post
    'Two doors are at the end of the corridor. The south door (to your left) leads back to your start point so ignore it. Open the north door, blast some thugs. You might also see Meeko at this point. ' then I know where you are. It is a kinda pinkish corridor if I am correct. Look next to the door at the north end and you will see a control panel.
    Stand in front of the control panel and use the 'action' key (on a ps2 this is the triangle key) to activate the switch and open the door.
    A few hints: if a door won't open look for a switch near it or an alternate exit (such as a mesh grating to cut using the same 'action' key). Also look up (especially once you get the jetpack). It gets a bit trickier later on in the prison levels as sometimes the control panel is in a different room, but on this level I believe they are all fairly close to the doors they open. Also pay attention to the musical cues - after awhile you will pick up the cue that means you are near something interesting or the point where you do something next. (Can't describe it better than that - you will pick it up as you play)..
    If you need more help don't be afraid to post your queries, though there is quite a lot in the thread already that might answer your questions.
  13. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for the help...I will try your suggestions. I just keep playing until the same point, and keep getting stuck there.
  14. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    EB - if you get real desperate PM me with
    the last thing you do in the game before getting stuck and your email address. I can scan in that part of the Strategy Manual and email it to you. Pictures might help more than words..
  15. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Weird - posted the last post this morning and the last update time for the thread didn't update...strange..
  16. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, I didn't get a chance to play yet...I'll let you know how it goes.
  17. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! It seems most of us are having trouble with the game. I fortunately got the strategy guide which has made the game a lot eaiser (I only use it when I'm in deep truoble).

So far I'm up to Chapter 4, on the first level. I got up almost to the last part I think. The part where you have to cross that extremly large gap. I died there and I was furious. I played the Death Stick Factory as well and I think I got to the last part, when I went up the elevator thingy and got killed by the Bando Gora because I was not ready and fast enough to act. Cearless. I hate it when I'm so near to finishing the game and I die. I also cheated a bit and played Final Confrontation, the last level of the game for those of you that don't know. I beat it. I was amazingly easy I thought.

So far I've gotten about 27 bounties, including Meeko (with that 10000 credits). That's about 30-35% of the availible bounties of the games I've played. I don't know if that good or not. But hey.... I'm trying.

So far of all the games I have completed, I have to say that The Break Out was the hardest. Of all the games I've played and almost won, I will say the Jungle Treck was the hardest. But I hear this is just a taste of what's to come.

How are you guys doing????
    Curious.
    Have not been on the boards for God knows how long.
  18. President-JarJar Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Is Bounty Hunter worth getting for the Nintendo GameCube? I like Adventure games and Jango Fett's one my top favorite characters, should I rent this game first?

My favorite Star Wars game was The Phantom Menace for the PSone, so would I like this game too?

Is it worth $30-$40?
  19. Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    this game is pretty different from the TPM game but I would definetly say get it. It'll be worth the money
  20. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I've been dying so long on the Death Stick Factory level it isn't funny. If the electric floors don't kill me the flight across the conveyor belts does (and that is as far as I have gotten). This is worse than the Prison Breakout Level. I have taken to replaying some of the previous levels to get
    the secrets and bounties just to break the frustration. (Haven't played ahead yet. That might be the next step).
    EDIT - spelling
  21. batman697 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is there a plot synopsis of Bounty Hunter anywhere? Do you guys have any links?
  22. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    O just beat The Death Stick Factory! Thank God! I thought the conveyor belt was quite easy. All I did was stay on the edge of the belt where it is not moving. I don't see what's the fuss all about that level being so hard. And the absolute last part with Monstross was like eating a cake.

batman697:
    The main plot leads to finding Vosa, which leads to the big climax that gives you the story behind the Clones. (I think that's a basic explanation. If anyone has anything better, help batman out.)
  23. President-JarJar Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey Wise-Master!

Is Bounty Hunter worth getting!?

I hear mixed reviews but I think the game looks cool.

The Phantom Menace game for PSone also got mixed reviews and I LOVED IT!

Would it be the same for the Bounty Hunter?

P.S. Jango Fett Rocks!!
  24. LottDodd Force Ghost

star 4
    Bounty Hunter Captures the World of the Prequels in a way that no other Star Wars Game has so Far... It is Deffinately worth getting. I don't know what console you have but the Gamecube Version is Superb!!
  25. the_chosen_two Jedi Knight

star 3
    I rented it and beat it in a week(I skipped a level though).

If you have the patience to play a long and frustrating gamelike Bounty Hunter rent it, If you like the extras or didnt beat it, buy it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.