Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2!!! (and Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Reign, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    Off course President-JaJJar!!

Bounty Hunter is worth getting! I have PlayStation2, and it is such an awesome game. Great action, nice cut scene with some comedy and nice features.

Without the game, the Star Wars saga will not be complete.

You need to get this game. Trust me....you wont be dissapointed!

If you wont take my word for it, ask everyone else.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    here is a link to a thread on the EU Literature board with the Bounty Hunter storyline.
    Just had another 6 deaths on the Death Stick level. My problem is flying (or lack of) and the trip down the chutes is accounting for a bunch of deaths. I got as far as the final chute tonight with very little health left and then got shot so that was that. I wish there was a continue point halfway down on this. The more I have to restart at the top the quicker I die. As other posters have said..'This level is a Sith!'. Other than this level I have enjoyed the game so far.
  3. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here is my status so far in the game.

I have completed "Longo Two-Guns" and all levels before it (it was not easy beating Two-Guns). I have also completed "Final Confrontation," which I said before was easy. Everything in between, I still need to give it a try. I'll be working in sequence from now on, unless progress is slow.

I have clocked in exactly 7 hours, 0 minutes, and 41 seconds of game time.

Killed 1557 enemies, and unfortunately, 20 good guys got in the way, and they are now dead. I am deeply sorry. My condolences. I have killed 15 bounties and captured 27 giving me a total of 42 bounties (32% of all availible bounties of the levels I have played). The "Death Stick Factory" and the "Entertainment District" I racked up the most bounties in number with, 9 and 8 respcetively out of 15.

I would like to know how the rest of you guys are doing. Hopefully it is better than me.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Still dying in 'Death Stick'. Made it as far as the flight between conveyor belts 2 and 3 today. Normally I play through a level without trying real hard for the bounties, then I go back and replay it if I get frustrated with the level I am on. (Like now..) Got the most bounties on the first Coruscant level ('Entertainment District'). Have gotten all of the secrets except the one on the 'Sebolto's Compound' level. Current rating is 'Bold Assassin'. I have been playing the levels in order so far. I have the Strategy Guide but mostly just use it if I am stuck (or to answer queries in this thread..)
  5. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for all the help, I got past my "stuck" point. I got the jetpack, then I took a brake.
  6. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    Silly question, but I am completely stuck.

In chapter 4, level 2: Sebolto's Compound. After I activate the lift, Zam and I enter a cave and kill some dugs. Then she moves on, to the back-door.

She sits at the exit of the cave, shooting at some enemies. But she's in the way! I can't get out of the cave, no matter what. I've tried killing her, sumersaulting through her--everything. Is there some alternate route that I have to take? Or is my game buggy? I checked a guide at gamefaqs.com, and it doesn't mention anything. It just says "clear the area and move on". I don't understand...am I the only one with this problem?
  7. Billy_Shears Jedi Knight

star 3
    That happened to me once. It's just a bug, I had to do the level over and she was out of the way.
  8. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    Whew. That bug happened to me three times in a row--what crap. Thankfully she moved out of the way this time.

I've noticed a few other glithces too, like falling into nothingness even when I'm stepping on solid ground. Stuff like that is disappointing, because otherwise it's a great game.
  9. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am back! (since 2:26 PM EST) Thank God. For those of you that did not know (because I did not mention it on the boards, I've been on vacation as probably the rest of you). All I have to say about my vacation is that I enjoyed it. It was awesome.

I see not much has been going on in the six days I have been gone. Come on let me know your progress. I also wont be playing Bouty Hunter for a couple of days for I have a lot of work to do.
  10. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    I bought this game a couple of days ago, and now I'm currently madly in love with it. I'm currently at Chapten 3. Um, anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knows the cheat codes for this game?? :D
  11. the_chosen_two Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Read the back pages of this thread for cheats and stuff - but really, have you played it enough to warrant cheating already? :(
  13. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yah, I've tried looking for the cheat codes on the net the same day that I bought the game, 8-}. Ah man, I gotta read through this entire thread to find the cheats. I guess I'll begin browsing now...

What's with the (no message)?? "the chosen one"??
  14. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    BAH, those are not the kind of cheats I've been looking for. Actually, the only kind of cheat code that I'd really like is one in which you can have infinite Jet Pack fuel.
    I'm currently at level 2 of Chapter 3, the "prison breatout". I usually only loose 1-2 lives in the levels. Sometimes I don't die at all. So I really have no need for cheat codes that give invincibility and infinite lives. The ONLY real thing that bugs me when playing this game is when I finish a level and I haven't captured all of the secondary bounties. Before I play this 2nd level in Chapter 3, I'm gonna replay the levels in which I didn't capture all the secondary bounties. And I'm gonna keep replaying them until I final found and caught them all. I seem to be good at capturing all my bounties alive. The only bounties I ever capture dead are the ones that are only wanted dead and or their dead bounty is the same as their live capture one. Damn this jet pack, wish the fuel would last nice and long how it seems to be when Jango uses it in the ATOC movie.
    I really hate it when civilians get in the way when I get into a massive shoot out. I've got 8 non-enemy kills so far. 7 of which are from the Coruscant "entertainment district" level. I need to replay this level anyhow cause I missed 2 of the 15 bounties. When I replay it, I'm also gonna make sure that I don't kill any civilians.
  15. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If you find a cheat for Infinite Jet Fuel please pass it on. I think most of my deaths in this game have been jetpack-related. There are certain levels (Prison Break-out and Prison Escape) where you are given extra jet fuel but it still runs out fairly quickly.
  16. darth_melvin Jedi Master

star 2
    <<I played the Death Stick Factory as well and I think I got to the last part, when I went up the elevator thingy and got killed by the Bando Gora because I was not ready and fast enough to act. Cearless. I hate it when I'm so near to finishing the game and I die.>>

That happened to me twice on that level (most here seem to agree, this level is the "evil" level on this game) - SO frustrating - and it takes about an hour or so to get there (if you're hunting bounties and not just shooting everything). This level is SO long, and then the Bando Gora jump all over you at the end when you are out of continues - curse you, Lucasarts, for not putting incremental saves in this game!!!

Anyway, after the third time trying at this level, I had to give in and cheat to skip it(wasn't going to blow another hour of game-playing time on it). I just finished Chapter 5 Level one and just started the Tusken Canyon level...

(Edit for spelling)
  17. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    OKAY, I've cut my non-enemy kills down to 4. Currently missing 2 of the 10 bounties in the Docking Bay level in Chapter 1, and missing 1 out of 5 in the Upper City level in chapter 2. Does anyone know where the secret icon thing is in the Prison Break-in level?? I can't seem to find it. I'm currently trying to finish the prison break-out level but I keep dying and failing the mission. Damn this level is hard. The cafeteria area is a pretty fun chaotic room. I love getting into huge shoot out rumbles like this in the game.
  18. the_chosen_two Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ceifer-(no message)

I posted a link to the codes, but it wouldnt work. So when I had to change it I had to get off the comp imediately and couldnt change it. So instead of embarrising myself with some weird post, I erased it.

Clear up things? :)
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Ceifer - the secret on the Break-In was a bit of a pain. Once you come down the big cargo elevator from the surface you go through a big storage room, then a computer room, then a second big storage room. The feather is in this big storage room. but it is completely hidden by a tall bunch of boxes at the far end. Only way to get it is to boost onto the top of the boxes and then down into the little space between the boxes and the wall to claim it. I spent a lot of time here boosting onto boxes looking for it (Strategy Guide told me where to find it after I got frustrated looking for it).
  20. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    Big thanks :D. I'm gonna go check this out now. Plus I'm gonna try to finish this damn prison break-out level. :mad:
  21. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally got past this prison break-out level, damn was it hard. Though I missed 2 out of the 10 bounties in it. Guess I'll replay the level. I really need to get me the stratgedy guide for this game. This way I won't miss any of the secondary bounties.
  22. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah,the prison break level is really hard! but yesterday I finished the "selboltos compound" level! :D
  23. Ceifer Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I got all the bounties in both Chapter 1 and 2. Currently going at the prison escape level in chapter 3. I've found and got all the bounties in the prison break out level. I've seemed to have mastered this level cause it's not that hard for me anymore.
  24. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I found the Prison Escape level a bit easier than the Breakout, but wait til you see the Dock Droid in the Boss fight..killed me a couple of times.
    Finally got beyond the conveyor belts in the Death Stick level, but was down to one continue and one of the snipers with the white laser rifles got me. AARRGGHH! Will try again tomorrow. (This level really needs a save point midway.)
  25. darth_melvin Jedi Master

star 2
    <<(This level really needs a save point midway.) >>

They all do. It's the really crappy part of an otherwise great game.

Every game has the bee-yotch level. Example: With Rogue Leader, it's "Razor Rendezvous." With this one, it looks like "Death Stick Factory." So far, I've only had to play each level a max of three or four times to complete them (some in Chapters 1 and 2 I completed the first try), except for Death Stick. I eventually cheated that one (only that one) so I could just finish this game.

(Although, I've died now on Tusken Canyon three times - but each time I get a lot further... not cheating yet!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.