main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2!!! (and Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Reign, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    <<This level really needs a save point midway>>

They all do. Incremental saving is a frustrating deletion to an otherwise great game.

I think that "Tusken Canyon" is going to be the second level I choose to skip with a code (also skipped "Death Stick"). Nada after five tries. Life is too short to spend another hour on this one. Goodbye, Tusken Canyon.

2. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    What's your stat guys?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had to code the 'Death Stick Factory' level. First one I could not complete. I made it as far as where the Bando Gora snipers were (a couple of times) but I had died so many times getting there that either the first or second sniper ended my gameplay. Most deaths were flying or lack of.

I really liked the 'Longo Two-Guns' level - lots of sniping and fighting and NO JETPACK!
    Have replayed that level a few times trying to get the bounties.

Am currenly on the 'Tusken Canyon' level. Have made it as far as landing on the big
    sail barge. Unfortunately the score currently is Sarlacc 4, Jango 0.

4. Wise-Master

Dec 11, 2002
    You actually gave up on the "Death Stick Factory."

I reached Chapter 6, but I cheated and did the last two levels because I kept dying on "Moon of the Dead."

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I can't believe so many of you cheated your way through this game

-If a level isn't possible it's pobably because you've approached it the wrong way -Some require all out gun fights others need a bit of thought first .

Moon of the dead is one of these times I did a mad dash at the start once I'd switched the switch jetting up onto the wall platforms and flaming anything that came close.
    But once your past all the big blast doors you get to them snipers with the darts -this took me a while to work out but rather than running straight down the slope I jetted onto the platforms opposite each sniper and picked them off then I went down the slope.

Once your in the big abandoned street thing you have to take things carefully again picking off [from a little] distance as you go the ones in the doorways.

and so on....

Just remember when fighting Montross keep moving :D

It's things like this which get you through the levels -approach each one as a new game -don't assume the same stratedgy will work on the next.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah Wise_Master, I coded 'Death Stick'. That level was just so frustrating because of the flying. If I wasn't dying going down the levels at the beginning, I was making up for it in the conveyor belt section. I think I made it past the belts about 3 times, and then I didn't have enough continues left to make it worthwhile. I spent so much time on it that playing the game wasn't fun anymore. I finally figured I would go on and maybe come back to that level after a cooling-off period. 'Tusken Canyon' isn't too bad so far - at least the massifs aren't quite as fast as the nexu. You have time to get a shot or two in if you are attacked. And the flying isn't as bad so far. I 've made it beyond the sail barge section and into the canyon area. Hopefully I will make it further this weekend. Haven't had a lot of time to play as work has been busy.

7. darth_melvin

Jun 18, 2002
    <<I can't believe so many of you cheated your way through this game

-If a level isn't possible it's pobably because you've approached it the wrong way -Some require all out gun fights others need a bit of thought first . >>

I coded "Death Stick" and "Tusken Canyon" because I felt there was too much luck - and very little margin for error - involved in surviving. Sure, if I'd played them 10 more times, I probably would have beaten them, but at @1 hour a pop (with no incremental saving) - these are very long levels - that's a lot of time that I don't have.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - With levels that can span over an hour to play, why didn't LA make incremental saving in this game (like Jedi Knight and, well, most anything else)? It's not like we're back in the 8-bit era of no memory.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Wooo-hoooo!!!!

I finished the game! I captured a total of 120 live bounties and 30 dead ones, which makes me an "Ultimate Hunter".

I do have to confess, I would have taken a lot longer without GameShark! ;)

I got up to the end of the prison chapter without using GameShark, I literally spent like 4 days playing all day long just to finish the "Break out" mission with all 10 bounties captured dead or alive (whichever had the highest bounties). After that I decided to give GameShark a try and boy, am I glad I did. I just used two cheats: unlimited lives and infinite jetpack. Wow, it feels great to be able to fly indefinitely, Jango becomes like a lethal hummingbird with blasters!! :D The unlimited lives are also necessary because as many of you pointed out, there are no incremental savings and some of the longer missions go on for more than an hour. (I spent two hours on the Jungle Trek level before I started using GS).

Even with those two cheats, some of the levels are unbelievably difficult if you want to capture all the bounties, in whichever condition they're worth more, especially the ones in the levels where they can fall off into a precipice, like "Death Stick Factory" and "Tusken Canyon" and also in cases where it's real hard to capture bounties live because they're smack in the middle of a shootout ("Gardulla's Palace" is the best example, there's a room with 4 bounties who must be captured alive -- while you're battling a roomful of nasty Gamorreans, Weequeys and Niktos armed with axes and granades and missile launchers.)

Still, all in all this is the most satisfying SW game I've ever played. I loved learning more about Jango's background, even if it's not canon, and learing how he acquired the Slave I and how he first met Zam Wasell.

Plus, once you get the infinite jetpack (which AFAIK you can only do with GameShark), you get to fly all over the place in Coruscant, the Tusken Canyon, Malestare's Jungle, the Asteroid Reactor, Komari Vosa's planet and especially the Death Stick Factory. That just is soooo sweeet :D

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like I might be looking into GameShark. I could use an unlimited jetpack
    and lives. Maybe once I have played through
    without the cheats (other than the level unlocks).

EDIT: Ok, does anyone familiar with GameShark know if the product is available outside the USA? Been searching around and not seeing any info on international orders.
    Will try my local Game shop but I just thought I would ask..

10. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    You don't need saving points cause you have 5 lives and checkpoints.

11. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    It took me a while to beat this game (without cheating!) and I loved it. The moon of the dead was hard but it is possible. At the very begining I found that the best way to beat it is to just ignore all the Bando Gora dudes and just book it! The only thing I didn't like about this game, other than the fact that the in between level movies were awesome while the smaller cut scenes looked bad in comparison, was that Jango grew on me. I never saw the coolness everyone saw in him. I do now, and when he dies in Episode II it makes me sad. The character development of the game was almost too good for me. But i'd say it's the best Star Wars game I've played. We'll see how that stands up when KOTOR comes out!

12. Wise-Master

Dec 11, 2002
    Does anyone think there should be a Bounty Hunter 2?

We have the opening story of Jango and the Clones, taking place on Kamino. This whole story could be about the Clones as well as a secondary story. Maybe we can even reach the Clone Wars.

Would you guys like a Bounty Hunter 2?

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I would love to see more Bounty Hunter games!!! It would also be nice to see similar games but with Boba, Zam Wasell and other bounty hunters as the lead character! :D

As for using GameShark outside of the U.S./Canada, I would suggest you check out their website at www.gameshark.com to find out how it can be done.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I found out from a gaming co-worker that GameShark is sold as ActionReplay here in the UK, but it doesn't look like the latest version (with the Jango unlimited jetpack code) is out over here yet. So I will keep an eye out for it.
    And I would welcome Bounty Hunter II if some of the glitches found in Bounty Hunter were corrected, and if you could play as Boba.
    Actually piloting Slave I would be a bonus, but with my luck at flying I would probably crash it a few times. :)

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    LAJ, if it's basically the same as GameShark, then you should be able to input the code yourself even if it wasn't included. I have GameShark 2 v3 -- which does include Bounty Hunter but didn't include the Infininte Jetpack cheat, I just got it from the Gameshark website and put it in myself; it's very easy.

BTW, the first thing you want to do once you get the Infinite Jetpack is to go to some mission set in Coruscant, and then just fly around high around the clouds. Just make sure you're not hit by some dumb speeder! ;)

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Princess Tina - they haven't released the ActionReplay equivalent of Gameshark v3 here in the UK yet as far as I can tell, and from what I saw on the Gameshark website the Jango jetpack code won't work with the earlier releases. Guess I have to wait to soar over Coruscant..

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    LAJ_FETT, it'll be worth the wait. Trust me. ;)

18. darth_melvin

Jun 18, 2002
    What if Bounty Hunter II was post- Battle of Geonosis and you played a different bounty hunter... like Aurra Sing or IG-88?

(Edit: Okay, just read other BH threads and other folks are thinking the same way.)

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think that's a good possibility. But first I'd like to see a "Bounty Hunter" game starring Boba.

In order of preference, here's who I'd like to play as in a "Bounty Hunter" game:

1. Boba
    2. Zam Wasell
    3. Aurra Sing
    4. 4-LOM / Zuckuss / Dengar / Bossk / IG-88

20. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    I'd like to see Bounty Hunter for PC, seems all the PC games are being ported to other systems so it would only make sense to go vice-versa as well.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    3rd person action games usually aren't well suited for PC.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK we finally have Xploder V3 Professional for PS2 - it allows the cheats for infinite continues, health, ammo, and jetpack fuel. I got mine from Amazon UK as I could not find it in the shops and then had to get the cheat codes from the website and enter them. Have only used the infinite continues so far (to finish the 'Moon of the Dead' level) but it is definitely worth the money!

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>It's not like we're back in the 8-bit era of no memory.<<

Hmm..good observation, maybe thats why the game was so satisfying- it had that sense of challenge from games of the NES days, likely because you couldn't save part way through a level, and given the somewhat platform shooter nature of Bounty Hunter, that fit the game style well.

The Prison Break level was the only level that ever gave me real trouble...the Death Stick Factory was fairly easy and Tusken Canyon was long but nowhere near as hard as the Prison Break.

I don't think it's likely we'll see a Bounty Hunter sequel featuring Zam- she did die in the movie afterall, unless the sequel is set before AOTC.

I'd rather see a BH2 with Boba- you'd have the same abilities as Jango for the most part, so the gameplay would be similar. Plus they could continue plot threads from BH1 in it, such as Boba going under cover under the alias of Jaster Mereel, who we heard about in the first game. We could maybe see Boba having Slave 1 overhauled into the ship of the OT era, working for Jabba, maybe encountering Solo ::D

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Prison Break Out didn't give me nearly as many problems as Death Stick and Tusken. I coded both of those to move on but I will go back and finish them using the infinite continues. The levels with lots of precision flying have been my downfall - I keep dying and running out of continues. The levels with mostly shooting (Longo Two-Guns, Gardulla's Palace) have been the most fun.
    Tomorrow I will go after Vosa.

25. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    pretty grahpics but overall I was very disappointed with the final product. two reasons why:

1)Very stupid weapons change interface

2)Crappy health layout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.