main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2!!! (and Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Reign, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Froma redirected thread:

Darth_Voltres: Is there by any chance a cheat for invinsibility on Star Wars: Bounty Hunter? If there is, please post it. *Prays that there will be one praying *

Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek: Why would you want one? If you can't beat a game without cheating, then you didn't really beat it.

Sarg_Kulo: sometimes it's nice just to mess around in games wink

I dont think there is a cheat for invincablity but I think there is one for unlimited continues.

Search the web for it.

Darth_Voltres: Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek posted:Why would you want one? If you can't beat a game without cheating, then you didn't really beat it.

To me, beating a game without cheating isn't beating it. Thank you for the help, Sarg_Kulo. Do you by any chance know where to look?

Siths_Revenge: Yeah, you're still playing the game. The programmer put in the cheat codes. You still get the cut scenes, etc.

LAJ_FETT: There are 4 cheats available for the PS2 version: unlimited health, jetpack, continues, and ammo. However, you have to have the appropriate cheats software to use them. Here in the UK I have Xploder V3 Professional. I believe the US version is Game Shark, but I am not sure which release it is.

Darth_Voltres: I don't have any kind of cheat software, at least I don't think I do, anyway. What are the codes though? The ones you just named

MarcusP2: They'd be really long alphabet type things you enter into your gameshark.
    Like AJ07F-BDFF3-ZHI15. Useless without one.

LAJ_FETT: Once you get the software you can probably find the cheat codes fairly easily on the software provider's website. The Xploder came with codes for a pile of games but Bounty Hunter was too new. I had to print off the codes from Xploder's website and enter them into the Xploder system. There was a learning curve with the first one but the instructions are pretty clear and you only have to do this once. After that the codes come up in the game list. (They are probably stored on the PS2 memory stick, like a game save). As far as getting the software itself, I got the Xploder from Amazon UK. However, I have seen it in game stores locally as well. I believe there was some info on the Game Shark and BH cheats in the main BH thread, toward the end.

Darth_Voltres: Thanks for the help everyone. I don't think there's a gameshark out for gamecube yet though.

OBI-BEN-KENOBI: yes there is. I have it.

Waka Waka Waka!

plo_koom: This game is too hard without cheats. The levels just go on and on beyond all reason. I got the hang of the game but I just found the levels too long to live through with only give continues. I never resorted to cheating, I just gave up after a few tries.

DarthNater: Bounty Hunter is easy...why would you need to cheat at it?

LAJ_FETT: I made it through all but one level without the infinite continues cheat. I had to cheat on the Death Stick Factory level - I just kept dying too many times on the electric floors and the conveyor belts.
    Otherwise I made it through on the 5 continues. (The prison breakout level was a real Sith though).

Darth_Voltres: The level I can't seem to beat is moon of the dead. I finally got to montross using infinite jetpack, but i died when i got to him. I just purchased a gamecube action replay. But the infinite continues code is only for the japan version. but my japan version won't work. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

To throw my own two cents in- while some of the levels are pretty difficult at times, they're all able to be completed with some reasonable effort (except for the prison break level, which is just impossible if you try to play through it regularly instead of luring baddies through doors one by one). Tusken canyon was tricky- but mainly around teh sarlacc hopping parts. Death Stick Factory was a breeze really by comparison- got through that the first time without dying as I recall- the exterior Malastare levels were much harder due to snipers and Nexxu (can't always get the saber darts off fast enough, afterall).

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Tatooine Canyon and the Death Stick Factory were the hardest levels for me.

3. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Those were both easy. The only hard ones are the later ones with all the Bando Gora. In fact, I rented this game again today, and conquered it. I am not disappointed, I must say. Superb game.

4. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I saw a picture of Star Wars Bounty Hunter 2 a long time ago. It had boba fett on it and was supposedly done by the artist for Bounty Hunter.

5. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Where did you see it?

6. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I just played this game again and found it relatively easy, the control you had over Jango was ace, i would say Longo Two-guns and Jungle Trek were the most challenging, Moon of the Dead where you go up against Montross for the last time was always a little to easy. Its such a great game, i would love a sequel with Boba!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Longo Two-Guns was one of my favorite levels. It was great for easing tension after a rough day at work, espcially after I got the Xploder and could cruise through it with unlimited health. Just blasting everyone without worrying about flying anywhere was fun!

8. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    just thought I'd put some life back into this thread.

my fav level is the Coruscant one. where you are on the streets tryng to find miko

9. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I rented this game when it first came out and I remember really sucking at it. But still is a Sweet game just wish I was better a it.

10. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    That planet is not Coruscant... It's not even a planet it's a space station. The coruscant levels are the ones where you are searching for that senater, they are three.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    First Coruscant level is fairly easy and takes place mostly at street level. (Lots of bounties as well). Second one is the nerf factory with that trip across the chasm on the freight cars. (I died horribly there quite a few times). Third level is the trip up the skyscrapers and the fight with the cop gunship at the end.

12. MountainGoat67

MountainGoat67 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    I remember trying to find some small kid with orange spikey hair on Coruscant. Wait, was that meeko or the other guy?

13. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Not Meeko, i forget his name, just a Death Stick dealing punk.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That was Jervis Gloom on the first Coruscant level. Meeko is the guy who steals the speeder when Jango gets his jetpack back. You eventually can get Meeko for the final time on the prison breakout level (he is near the end).

15. mastercoleman

mastercoleman Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    does any one know how to get infinite health,infinite ammo,and infinite jetpack on starwars bounty hunter for the gamecube.i keep looking but the computer says to get gameshark but i do not know where to get gameshark or what gameshark is.
    mastercoleman

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Gameshark is the US version of the Xploder Professional V3 cheats software that I use. (I am in the UK). My version is for the PS2. Gameshark's website is here. They do a version of the software for the Gamecube, but you will need to check on the website to see if they do cheats for the Gamecube version of Bounty Hunter, and, if so, what release of the Gameshark software you need to use the cheats. In the case of Xploder, you had to have V3 or newer to use them. If you get the product, you get a software CD that you put in prior to loading the game to activate the selected cheats. In my case the Bounty Hunter PS2 cheats were too new to be on the Xploder CD so I had to print the codes from the Xploder website and input them on the PS2. (It's easy after you do the first one, and the manual gives instructions. I only had to do it once as they were then stored on the PS2 memory stick).

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.