main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars Bowling Leagues......

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dex_Luminara, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    SOunds great!

I'm seriously interested in a team that doesn't care if it wins.

2. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Ed

The time and dates are
    listed in my post

The league will take place
    Every Sunday at 1 pm
    starting on October 9th

It will run till sometime
    In January. The manager that
    I spoke to didn't have an
    end date listed on her info.

Hope that helps, cause
    There isn't any more to give!
    :p

3. phrogxix

phrogxix Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Anyone interested in setting up a team at the Bolingbrook location, please let me know either through private message or phrogxix@gmail.com

As I said before, Schaumburg is a bit of a haul, but Bolingbrook is just down the street. I'd love to get together with some like-minded folks.

I'll be calling them and finding out the details of their specific league (Youth/adult, adult, or what?) tommorrow and post more. :)

4. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Dex,

uuuuhhhhh.......eeeeeerrrrrrrrrr.....

ref more to give,

If they start at 1.00 pm,
    when do they end,

or, for me 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm on Sunday,
    I can do..(rolling meadows only)
    ...but, at 3.00, I must be on
    my way to O-Hare for work?

think this is cutting it too close
    to actually bowl?......if so,
    will look to support the activity,
    and visit the lanes when I can.
    Ed

5. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Hey, if we get a team that does not care about winning I am totally in. I should have money matters more under control by then, if not....I will put it on my birthday wish list to my family, LOL.[/color]

6. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Geez Gina, can you make up your mind? Lol.

"I'm out.."

"I'm in!"

"Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her. "

7. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I considered myself totally out until that one, just a tag-a-long supporter until than.[/color]

8. Lothos

Aug 28, 2002
    I'd rather have you in the cheering section, than not have you there at all.

9. The Lurker

The Lurker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 1999
    i am loving this idea and that price is so cheap i can't beleive it. i just really wish there was a location in the city. i don't know if i can fit the 35 min drive (on the way there and the way back) to the burbs into my schedule. but it sounds like so much fun.

any info on when you have to sign up by?

10. ohblee

ohblee Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2000
    Why I want to know is why isn't there a bowling ball that looks like the Death Star?!

That would be super cool!

11. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Good question Cookie Jar! That seems like a no-brainer!

12. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    These will probably be really cheap lumps of clear plastic that don't grip the lanes, and have a cheap, grainy 2-D picture in the middle.

What would be sweet is if they had some higher-end customized balls that had 3-dimensional objects in there (like Femme's ball with the skull in it). How cool would it be to have Darth or Jango's helmet in there.....or Luke's right hand.

Bosh
    "I should have put that right hand joke down here."

13. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    what would be ultracool is if you could bowl with them when the league started, not 8 weeks in when it's almost over.

regardless, i'm working on a league for LA. maybe we'll hop on a plane and trounce you losers!

"aw, **** it, dude. let's go bowlin."

14. Lothos

Aug 28, 2002
    It's like "The Big Lebowski" meets "Star Wars".

15. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd have to chose Luke's right hand.

16. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I choose Vaders right hand! with all the wires sticking out and stuff...SWEEEEET!!!

I wish I could help you with the end time Ed, but bowling is a pretty clock free sport, it takes as long as it takes, I don't see why we wouldn't have 2 games down in 2 hours. And about 5 times that in drinks, LOL! :p But some of us might like to bowl more games than that just for fun, or get there early and warm up, but that would of course be on our own dime aside from the package thing.

17. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I would love to join a team that is going to play either at the Schaumburg or Rolling Meadows location. I am new to the messages boards and the club. I would like to meet other Chicago Force Members.

If I can join someone's league please let me know. Either PM or email me at irishnut9@aol.com

Thank You...

Hope someone will let me join there team....

18. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm sure you're more than welcome to join. Schaumburg does look like the most centralized location.

Join us at Hollywood Blvd. next week for RotS & MiniGolf if you can.

Bosh
    "GET TO KNOW ME!!"

19. Lothos

Aug 28, 2002
    So, who wants to be on my team?

-Used to be in a league
    -Took bowling for pe credit
    -Throws a wicked "rage" ball.

20. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I want to be on the un-Lothos team. You have waaaayyyyy too much skill. Does Lothos stand for Leads Others To Heights Of Success?

21. Lothos

Aug 28, 2002
    Heh, don't worry yourself. Even with all those "credits" I still suck, and want to be on the "for fun" team.

22. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Is there a minimum age for "youths?"

23. iceburgh

iceburgh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Schaumburg ain't too bad for me. Didn't see anything in Elgin area. Either Vader or Fett ball for me, maybe both if that was possible one for the 7-10 split pickup ball. :)Though my Avenger bowling ball would get jealous. My average is somewhere between 70-110, so keep those bumper pads up for me too.

24. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    My dad actually has the official 7/10 Split patch for having gotten a 7/10 in a league game. He's never bowled a 300 (though he's been within 1 pin of it twice). The force definitely has to be with you more for a 7/10 than a 300 these days anyway with the way they "tar" the lanes.

Bosh

25. iceburgh

iceburgh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Dang never saw someone actually pickup the split.I seem to always play on lane that are way to oily and the ball overspins on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.