main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Breakfast

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I was looking on TF.N's Holonet, and I came across that the Official Fan Club was putting on a Star Wars Breakfast in - guess where - Columbus, Ohio!

Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club can register to join their fellow fans, the Fan Club staff, and Star Wars author Michael Stackpole for an early morning of fun and conversation Friday, June 27, 2003. Fans will gather at the Fusion Room in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, right in downtown Columbus next to the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

Not only will fans meet Stackpole and some of the faces behind the Fan Club, but each registered breakfast attendee will also receive one of the convention exclusive action figures from Hasbro, a special silver-painted Boba Fett. The action figure is included in the cost of the breakfast ticket.

Seating at the breakfast is very limited, and tickets are expected to sell out quickly. To register for the breakfast, Official Star Wars Fan Club members can go to http://starwars.paizo.com/originsbreakfast.

Stackpole is the author of many popular Star Wars stories, including the novels I, Jedi; Dark Tide: Onslaught and Ruin; and the X-Wing series books Rogue Squadron, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, and Isard's Revenge.

In addition to Stackpole, fans can meet Lisa Stevens, President of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, and Vic Wertz, Associate Editor of Star Wars Insider magazine - both world-class Star Wars collectors. Johnny Wilson, Publisher of Insider, will be on hand, as well as Mary Franklin, the Editor of Bantha Tracks. All the Fan Club staff members will be ready to answer your questions and hear your ideas about Insider, Bantha Tracks, and the direction of the Official Fan Club.

Fan Club members will not only enjoy the camaraderie of their fellow Star Wars fans, they will get one of the Boba Fett action figures without standing in line.

Tickets for the breakfast are limited, and will be sold only as seats are available. Admission to the event is $29.95 per person, which includes breakfast at the Crowne Plaza Fusion Room and one silver-painted Boba Fett convention exclusive action figure from Hasbro. Admission to Origins Game Fair is not included in the breakfast price.

Breakfast registration is limited to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club only, but each member may also purchase one ticket for one guest. This guest is not required to be a member, but must be accompanied by the member at the breakfast.

To register for the Official Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast, or to learn more, fans can go to http://starwars.paizo.com/originsbreakfast

Here is what the site says:

Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club are invited to register for an early morning of fun and food at the downtown Columbus Crowne Plaza hotel during the weekend of Origins Game Fair.

Star Wars fans, and especially Star Wars collectors, won?t want to miss this. All registered attendees of the breakfast will receive one silver-painted Boba Fett action figure, the convention exclusive from Hasbro. This figure is modeled after the 300th Boba Fett figure, and is included with the price of breakfast admission.

Fans at the breakfast can also meet Michael Stackpole, author of many well-loved Star Wars stories, including the novels I, Jedi; Dark Tide: Onslaught and Ruin; and the X-Wing series books Rogue Squadron, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, and Isard?s Revenge.

Friday, June 27, 2003
    7:30 ? 9:00 AM
    Line up and ticket confirmation begin at 7:00 AM
    Fusion room of the Crowne Plaza Hotel
    33 Nationwide Boulevard; Columbus, Ohio 43215
    Only one block from the Greater Columbus Convention Center

The Fan Club Breakfast is produced by the Official Star Wars Fan Club. Seats are very limited, and expected to sell out quickly. Guests must register at:
    https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Breakfast.woa/wa/origins

Admission to the breakfast is $29.95* per person while seats are available, which includes a breakfast buffet at the Crowne Plaza Fusion room, one silver-painted Boba Fett convention exclusive action f

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    This may be worth getting up at the "way too early" crack of dawn, and drive down to Columbus.

I'll see if anyone from C-bus is going

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow that really sounds like fun, but unfortunately I have to work that day from 8-5...wouldn't work for me. But to anyone who is going and doesn't care much for that Boba Fett action figure...I'd be highly interested to buy it from one of you! Since I got robbed of Jorg Sacul at Celebration II, I'd like at least one exclusive figure!

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    *mumbles* Stupid having to work thing :(

5. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I've already bought my ticket. I'm meeting a friend there who I don't get to see often enough. She already had tickets to Origins but didn't know about the breakfast.

Don't know yet if I'm getting up early or going down the night before.

This will also test to see if my icon shows up. there are just too many choices.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    test to see if my icon shows up...good choice, it works fine.

I'm 99% sure I want to go...I'll probably make up my mind and buy the tickets this weekend.

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmm...

Taking off tomorrow (today, Thursday, for most of you reading this) for my Dad's wedding + might have to take off a few days for moving + broke college student = need to work that day.

8. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I just ordered my tickets...I'll be taking my sister with me. :)

If anyone's thinking about going you'll want to order tickets really soon because there are only 100 seats (according to a person from the fan club I just spoke to on the phone).

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I want to go!!! I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for a hockey weekend right after Thanksgiving and now star wars is going to be there!!! I WANT TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I ordered my ticket. :)

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Emily and I just ordered out tickets...we're supposed to get a confirmation in 5 days or so.

We're driving down Fri morning...meet up with you guys there?

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I got my confirmation email yesterday, so if you guys haven't gotten your emails, they should be arriving soon. :)

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I got mine last night too. YAY! :) :D

I CAN'T WAIT! :)

14. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I've received my confirmation too. Yeah!

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Emily and I got ours in the e-mail last night...we should try meeting up down in C-bus.

16. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea to me Krash. I'll have my friend with me unless there is a problem with that and maybe her sister if she can make it and tickets aren't sold out. You should know she's also a big Farscape fan. Were you going to the con afterwards? I'm not a gamer but I wouldn't mind hitting the dealer's room.

I'm going to drive down Thurs after work and return Friday evening some time, either leaving before or after rush hour. I have to be at work Sat morning so I can't stay too late.

I've never been to the hotel before is there a place to meet outside or should the first ones in grab a table? Or is there assigned seating?

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Meet Star Wars author Michael Stackpole, who will be autographing for breakfast attendees.

WOOHOO!!!! :)

I have no idea what we are doing afterwards, probably going to the mall again. Rosie, any ideas? I don't have to much money, so I can't go to the convention.

Deadline to register is Saturday at midnight.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I don't really want to go to the convention. But the mall sounds great, I love Polaris. This time we can also hit the stores on the other side of the street too (including KB Toyworks), and if anyone is interested in eating a nice lunch somewhere, there are lots of restaurants.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm going to be on a bit of a schedule that day: have to be back in time to feed the dogs(I'm taking care of for a friend) and be at Dillards by 6PM.

Is Polaris the new outlet mall...just outside of town? Either way, we should meet up at the breakfast...hang out, and depending on where/what everyone wants to do, spend some time in C-bus

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    It's not an outlet mall, it's a regular shopping mall.

Geoff, you can call my cell at 6am or I can call you to see where we are at, if we are close, then maybe we might be able to find each other. (Desprite here, I've only driven in C-bus once, and I was following someone...) I was looking at leaving my house at 4:30-4:45, heading my fellow band Alumni's info on traffic down there. ;)

Rosie, don't remember if I told you when I talked to you on Friday: My house, 4:30. Good enough?

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I forget how long it takes to get there from your house. Line up starts at 7am, so we probably want to be there by then, and we'll want to plan for an extra 15 minutes or so in case we get lost (which of course won't happen, but just in case :p). That said, is 4:30 early enough?

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Oh thanks. You don't have faith in me? :p

What, leave your house at 4:30? :eek: I don't think so! :p (I'm thinking that it will take a good 40-50 minutes to get to my house.)

Okay, they said that we would get a letter in the mail in about 5 days. Well, taking Sunday into count, 5 days would have been today (but it was just the "what if" thinking), so when I go out and get the mail today, I look at the letters, no letters from the Insider. Okay, tomorrow then. Hummm, what is this big white envelope? Huh? Addressed to me? From the Insider? *opens it up* Now how do I get another membership kit? Okay, yeah, I realize that I checked the thread last night, and I was thiking of how cool it would be to get an extra thing of stickers, but wow, my wish has been granted! :eek:

Here's hoping that my confirmation letter is in the mail tomorrow! ;)

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    No no, I meant leaving your house at 4:30. It takes me 40 minutes to get to your house, so I'd be leaving around 3:45. I just wanted to make sure 4:30 was early enough, leaving your house for Columbus. :)

And aren't the confirmations being emailed? That's how I received my confirmation.

Does anyone have a link to information about the convention? I'm having second thoughts about going, to see what the dealers have and to pick up a couple more Boba Fett figures. I can't find anything on the Origins website about times or how much the figure costs. I think a $13 visitor pass would get us into the dealer section.

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    You want to wake up earlier? :p What time were you thinking that we should leave?

As for info on the convention, I have no idea.

It said that you should be getting a confirmation in the mail.

25. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    The Con's website is www.originsgames.com

There is a list of Guests of Honor you can get autos from. But there isn't too much info posted about events. This is more of a gamer's con than a fan's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.