main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Breakfast

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverAlaska

SilverAlaska Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    Hi, all!
    I'm coming out of lurkdom to say hi. I was the (loopy, sleep-deprived) girl in the x-wing t-shirt at the breakfast. I suppose I've conquered my fear of you guys because I've seen you now (well, some of you). Those of you I met were very kind and very fun to talk to. I hope you all had as good a time as I did:). Also, to the girl in the cast: you're a trooper, and I'm glad you could still come:).
    ~AgAK

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm glad you liked it, Rosie.

And, Silver, welcome. You should have posted sooner, we don't bite.

Well, not unless you ask really nice. [face_devil]

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Good to see you Silver! :)

Oh, and don't mind Don, he's weird like that. :p

I am still trying to catch up on sleep. It doesn't help any when I'm not at home at all during the day... I'm not even going to be home tomorrow, because of Candi's graduation party (not complaining though! ;)), and then I have alumni band to go to so I can pass out because I'm still not used to playing bass clarinet again because I still haven't practiced! ([/rant] ;))

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome Silver! It was nice to meet you, and glad you decided to post on the boards! (don't be a stranger)

How was the convention...did anyone see Amy Allen? We went to that Polaris Mall...it's frelling HUGE (makes Southpark look like nothing)

I actually had a guy come up to me asking about that Boba Fett figure...I almost asked if he was interested in buying mine?

5. SilverAlaska

SilverAlaska Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    Thank you:).

A little about me: I'm 23 years old, Cleveland born and raised. I work for a, er, large, Cleveland-based insurance company and I like to describe my job as "gecko-stomping."

As a child, I'd refuse to play if I didn't get to have the good blaster and be Han Solo. I have a (very modest) SW collection. I enjoy building models and I also covet the Lego Star Destroyer:).

As a WedgeFan, meeting Mike Stackpole was simply incredible. I gave my silver Fett to a dear friend of mine who not only told me that Mike was going to be in Ohio, but also sent me the nifty X-wing t-shirt I had on at the breakfast.

I suppose that's enough from me.
    ~AgAK

P.S. Just out of curiosity, did anyone sell their Fett? I see they're going for a bit on eBay.

6. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Hi SilverAlaska, we were all loopy and sleep deprived at the breakfast. Even the coffee didn't really help me wake up. It took seeing Matrix 2 at an Imax to really wake me up.

I haven't sold my extra Boba Fetts yet. I may be able to sell one to a coworker who's son collects SW but we have to agree on a price.

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    How much would you be asking for for a Fett?

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Selling on the boards is a no-no people. Eric, you know this.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I already sold all of mine, mostly on eBay. Some Star Wars collectors may call me a scalper for marking them up to average eBay sale value, but after all the pain and suffering I went through in order to get them, I refuse to feel guilty. :)

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I already sold all of mine...how many did you get? We all got 1 for being at the breakfast...do you buy/get others at the convention?

I wouldn't consider you a "scalper"...the ones I think are scum are the ones that aquire these items just because they know people like us want it...and they charge way more then is fair (compared to if we'd just get them in stores ourselves) And yes, after what you went through...you deserve to catch a deal from this.

When I ran into that guy on the street asking "how do you get one of those Boba Fett figure?" I almost offered mine for little more then the cost of the breakfast...but i was afraid of getting busted for "scapling" (like those guys outside Gund Arena at events) that I decided against even pursuing it.

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    My sister and I each got one from the breakfast, and then we got 5 more at Origins. I've been selling a lot of Star Wars stuff on eBay recently, so it made sense to grab extras while I was there. I still can't believe I made it through all that on an hour of sleep. It's a good thing I didn't feel as bad then as I do now. :(

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was a very fun time....I haven't been on line since then so I am saying this now. Maybe I should have waited UNTIL the breakfast to EAT breakfast but oh well. The Boba Fett was cool but what made me very mad was not at the breakfast but at the blueline!! OF ALL THE DAYS...I decided to go the only weekend they were closed! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.