main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Star Wars Broadcast Rights?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by AmidalaLover, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    I know that as of right now force awakens will premiere on premium cable on starz, which is owned by disney on Saturday September 10th. Would not be surprised if we See.the other films on starz that week as well.

2. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Starz isn't owned by Disney. They are allowed to air all Disney movies before other networks. But now Netflix will starting this year.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I honestly don't give a frak about broadcast rights. I have all the films, both clone wars, and the ill fated holiday special, so I can watch them when I choose.

vong333 likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but from Monday (until at least Friday night) the Sky Movies Star Wars channel is back (channel 304). They will be running a mix of the 6 films, the Clone Wars film, and Clone Wars episodes in anticipation of the premiere of SW:TFA on Friday on Sky Movies Premiere. TFA showings on Friday (channel 301) are at 1:10 PM and 8:00 PM.

AmidalaLover and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  5. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    What country is that channel in?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's in the UK - part of Sky Movies (satellite TV).

7. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cool. And now with TFA on Starz I can turn on the TV and let it do the marathoning for me. :p

9. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    It will serve as nice background viewing if I'm doing stuff around the house

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Will be great background viewing on the TV next to me as I p,at Star Wars Battlefront: Death Star Tuesday!

11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I enjoyed seeing Star Wars movies on tv again. Anyone else? I wish they had something special like behind the scenes look at Rogue One or lost scenes/pics from the movies or interviews.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know how many people watched the TNT starwars marathon?

13. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Well say no more....check out A New Hope on TNT. They showed Alan Tudok who plays K2SO with new Rogue One footage at the beginning. Hopefully more to see!!!

Trebor Sabreon likes this.