main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars canons

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by blackopp, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackopp

blackopp Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2014
    Now when new Star Wars movies are coming I am trying to get into a extended SW universe. I did a little bit of research and I found out SW universe is divided in canons which I found a little confusing.

As I understand there are 5 canons:
    G-Main movies
    T-Clone Wars and Rebels
    C-Previously whole universe, now new
    S-What was in C
    N-Non canon stuff from EU

And what is confusing me is what is in the new C canon and what is in S canon. And is G and T canon part of C canon?

Can someone explain this to me?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    As far as I understand it they did away with canon when they claimed that to the Mouse EU is invalid but can be picked apart and changed as they see fit. They are re-writing SW 'history' so basically only what the Mouse says is 'officially' valid. I really doubt this will hold up long, though. Plus, it really is up to the individual to decide what they accept and what they don't. For the Mouse it's said all new material will be equal par going forward.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    canon is now the films, tcw, rebels, the new films, 7,8 and 9 and the eu coming out from now on. the rest from before is called "legends". as far as i'm concerned i still look at wookieepedia and enjoy all the stuff from before. the main reason they're doing this is to keep things from contradicting each other which they will when the new stuff comes out.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Hi blackopp, welcome to the boards - canon discussions are not permitted in the Saga forum, it's for the films only. Best bet is to try the Literature or EU Community forums.

Locking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.