main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Catalyst (A Rogue One Story): (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Mar 18, 2016.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Furthermore, we have zero context for how long something big yet mundane like an ISD or a habitation sphere takes to build. Just stitching together a giant amount of standardized hallways and conference rooms could be done in no time at all, and that's what, 80% of the mass?

2. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Well, considering there were zero ISDs at the end of the Clone Wars and 25,000 ISDs and ISD variants at the time of Endor roughly twenty-five years later they had to have been building over a thousand a year. If they can put together a 1,000 plus one-and-half kilometer long battlecruisers within a year....Jesus Christ, the Death Star wasn't the scariest thing about the Empire. It was its industrial capacity and manpower reserves.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If Krennic devastates Anaxes it will be very, very hard for Jello to like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMIRTUTSF, Vthuil, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    In the Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina collection of stories, there was a tale called "Hammertong" or something. That explained that the second Death Star was already under construction at the time of ANH.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Remember in the campaign of BF II on the Mygeeto mission it's mentioned that the 501st where there to secretly steal a mygeetan power source for the "Chancellor's laser"

Maybe during TCW Palpatine sent several clone armies on missions to discover Kyber crystals and other way to power the death star until he finally decides to consul Krennic

6. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    [​IMG]

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If Krennic ends up being a jerk too, I'll just need to stop watching these movies because all the promising characters end up being terrible :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We still have Sloane, and maybe Finn will be related to her.

9. RemusPo

RemusPo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2016
    Well no worries, @GrandAdmiralJello—I'm sure Anaxes' destruction will be the fault of some bumbling ensign, or scientists who have no idea what they're dealing with, rather than Krennic.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Maybe Anaxes get's blown because this happened again

vncredleader and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    True. Sloane has never let me down. Her only disappointment is that she's not nobility but nobody's perfect I guess.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    They don't have to be related, though. Otherwise, people will probably assume that Lando is the father. :p Finn "Chance" Calrissian-Sloane.

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Praying?

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    The discarded title for this book was Star Wars: Death Star : For Real This Time

CooperTFN likes this.
  16. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    It's Luceno, so maybe he'll incorporate every bit of EU Death Star history he can ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And Clone Wars to boot.

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Another thought I had on this matter that the setup is dangerously close to the trope of "villain was friend of hero's parents, could possibly have had an affair with the mother, could possibly be the hero's father". I mean, we haven't had enough daddy issues in Star Wars, have we? And since the Erso family setup asks for daddy issues anyway...

...there's even a good place or two shown in the trailer that would work for the "I am your father" moment :p

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm guessing that Jyn will have enough daddy issues just by virtue of being on her own from age 15. Also her dad helped to create the DS, or at least his research/work was used by others to create it. There's plenty of "drama" right there, so I'd hope that they wouldn't be so foolish as to have her mom cheat on her husband with a family friend. That's just, bleh.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Of all the zany rumors I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, this post is... actually probably going to end up being closer to the truth than anything. Oddly.

21. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Well, if they wanted to have the galaxy seem really small, they should have brought in Hugh Quarshie to be Moff Panaka and have him take Krennic's role. [face_thinking] The EU mentioned Panaka became a Moff, but didn't really do anything interesting with that aside from some cut content in the Essential Guide to Warfare. Canon Panaka's Galactic Civil War activities are still unknown...

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm still disappointed we never got Death Star 2: Death Star II.

Daneira, Aphra, Darth_SHOT and 8 others like this.
  23. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    That's being saved as a tie-in to Rogue Two: Attack of the Bothans

24. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I thought it was called The Bothan Massacre?

revan772 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Or maybe Last of the Bothans.

revan772 likes this.