main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by jackdoud, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Hey guys,
    I know some of you play so I thought I'd pass along some info. I went down to Odessy Collectables on Ridgewood yesterday and talked with the owner. The Gamer's Guild has been garnering a relationship with him since he opened at the end of last semester. Anyway he asked if there were any card games other than Magic and Yugi Oh! people would be interested in. I told him that there's a group that plays Star Wars but wasn't sure what the interest is. He said he can get boxes cheap right now cause they're all on clearance and he has a complete set of first edition white border cards. If anyone's interested either go see him or post here as I'll more than likly see him again on Saturday.

-Jack

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Unfortunatly, while my interest is there, my money is currently hanging in my closet in the form of a white Imperial Uniform. Did he say how cheap he would be able to get them? Maybe those of use that play could go in on a few boxes? I just need about 100 or so cards to have a complete set of pre-TPM cards.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Do you think he would be interested in hosting official TCG games if the interest was there? I'm just dying to find a place that's not a half hour away.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    There's a place that is half an hour away?! The closest I found was a little over an hour. I'm dying to test out my Dark Side decks *muwahahahahaha!*

I've thought about setting up something here over the summer, but Wizards makes you jump through so many hoops to get 'certified' to host a tourney that it almost seems like work. :(

5. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    He's looking for other stuff to do so if you guys show there's an interest I'm sure he'd supply the neccessary items. The store next-door to him just moved out so he's planning on taking it over in the next month and getting some tables in for general gaming so he'll definatly have the space!

-Jack

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Cool! I'll have to check it out.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I went and talked to the guy at Odyssey today and he sounded really eager about getting a TCG tourny set up. He said the main problem was finding someone to run it, so I told him to get me the info and I'll see what I can do. Hopefully we can get something started up!

They do have open card gaming Monday from noon-??? and just open gaming Saturdays from 2-8.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I've been reading up on the tourny requirments and there are a few issues. One is that for a tourney to be sanctioned, there must be at least 8 members. Not including me, because I wouldn't be able to play, I know 3 other people that play. I know one or two people that I am going to try and get into the game, when I find the time.

The other snag is that everyone must be DCI registered. Now, I haven't been able to find anything online. You are supposed to register at a tournament, but there aren't any scheduled anywhere near here for the rest of the year, so I've e-mailed wizards and hope that they'll let me register so we can get something going. I also haven't gotten any word back from the guy at Odessey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.