main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Celebration 2015 (Anaheim)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedirush2112, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Film degrades Hog. If you want to recapture the original presentation, restoration is required.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

That is right, try personal insults. That is the best way to end a discussion when you aren't able to participate in a reasonable fashion.

Let bobbyroberts argue his point, he is quite capable of doing so without name calling.

And trying to insult me is wasting your time. Celebration has simply been too awesome and you are not going to be able to insult me.

Take care and goodbye.

3. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    He was talking about the last celebration when he interviewed Filioni for TCW. Probably C5. He wasn't indicating Lucas was backstage today.

4. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    TK327 bobbyroberts

I'll continue the topic later - I know you two are wanting to actually discuss it and not interested in name calling. ;)

There is just something I have to to do before the closing ceremony.

After that?

TK327 likes this.
  5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I didn't see this one the first time - I was looking for a post by bobbyroberts.

Wow, I make you uncomfortable. That is a great pity for you.

You know you can just ignore other people's posts, right? Might be something to think about.

Can you explain this? [face_thinking]

Are taking about fixing the colour, etc. but leaving the "flaws" (e.g.. garbage matte) as they are?

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm starting to think that the big surprise is an announcement for Celebrations 8 and possibly Celebration 9.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  7. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Is there anything worth waiting for at all in this closing ceremony?

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I was right about London 2016.;)

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Altogether, a really fantastic weekend. The Force Awakens, Battlefront, Rebels season 2, and Rogue One, one day after the other. I've never felt more excited to be a Star Wars fan, and this is coming from someone whose very first memory is sitting in a theater watching Darth Vader walk aboard the Tantive IV. A huge "thank you" to everyone who made this happen.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I second that, brother.

Alas, tickets for Celebration London on sale tomorrow? I doubt I'll the funds - will these sell out quick?

11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    What a weekend! Star Wars is coming back to the cinema and is bigger than ever. It's sad to see Celebration VII end, but it feels good to have so much to look forward to. I for one will be absorbing all Star Wars media as it comes out, even the aspects of it I'm not terribly excited for.

Star Wars everybody. Just, Star Wars.

Rou-eru likes this.
  12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I WILL be there. No doubt this time....

starocean90 likes this.
  13. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    So sad to see it end. Its like binge watching a tv series and not knowing what to do with yourself afterwards.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Are all tickets on sale from tomorrow or is it just VIP tickets with normal tickets closer to the actual event?

Agreed. I normally can't binge watch no matter how much I love a TV show - only ever been able to do it with LOST and Fringe.

Watching Celebration was no trouble in this regard. It was like being there but having to manoeuvre through the crowds. :)

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    The pathway from the original announcement in October 2012 to the trailer and Celebration 2015 is now complete. Now we move into a new path, the one that leads directly to The Force Awakens!:D

PymParticles likes this.
  16. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    There's still a full trailer coming. This was just the second teaser. Abrams said so himself (about this being Teaser 2) on Thursday.

Lanoree and PymParticles like this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What's insane is, I remember the overwhelming cynicism when the movies were announced. "Ugh, more Star Wars? Weren't the prequels bad enough? Still milking that horse? Spin-offs, too? Over saturation, much?" And in two and a half years, that narrative has pulled a complete 180. Pretty all I'm seeing now are people happy and excited, expressing and sharing their enthusiasm and love of the series with other fans. Even people like Devin Faraci, who wrote an article a few years back on Star Wars Day about how overrated he thought the franchise was as a whole and how heavily he'd lapsed as a fan, is nothing but excited for the future of the series moving forward. I've said it a few times today and this past weekend, but I'll say it again; it really is a great time to be a Star Wars fan. Not just because we have so much amazing stuff to look forward to over the next few years, but because this is probably the most excited, happy, and optimistic the fandom has been since 1998.

18. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I am SO SAD that it's over!

19. Sheev

Sheev Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2014

I guess this would come around Comic Con then? Or D23?

20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Does anyone know if it is just VIP tickets that are going on sale tomorrow?

Will regular tickets go on sale closer to the actual event of Celebration London?

I know likes this.
  21. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I'd imagine Comic Con has Trailer #1, and then if there's a Trailer #2, that'll show up around September/October. Plus the media blitz should begin in earnest around Sept/Oct as well.

To quote Dracula fighting a booger in a bathrobe: This is just the beginning

Satipo likes this.
  22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I was under the impression that Lucasfilm and Disney were not going to be at ComicCon this year?

Satipo likes this.
  23. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    That's right. Apologies. D23, rather.

(conventions conventions conventions)

Satipo likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    sexism!

25. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I heard Marvel wasn't going to be at Comic-Con I thought to make way for Lucasfilm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.