main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Celebration 2015 (Anaheim)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedirush2112, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Back home now. Got the post Celebration blues already. What an awesome weekend. Some really highs and few lows. But overall...great time. Time for me to d/l all the pics. Have not been on the forums, so missed all that happened. So maybe will go back read to fight the blues.

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone hear anything about the next United States Celebration? I am disappointed that wasn't announced.

Hearing about Celebration Europe does me no good.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Well, I also had a feeling it was going back to Europe. KK made reference that the "next" time would be next year back on the first day. So, I was really hoping that it would be back in the US in 1 year. But feared that it would go elsewhere since it was only 1year. And that came to be true. I am hoping that the following year, it is back to the US when they are prepping for EP8. Makes sense that they pick London in July 2016--I am sure the gang will be in/out of London for shooting etc. So easy to coordinate schedules of some of the players if they are already close by.

nightangel likes this.
  4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Thanks for understanding better than me, those screenings till midnight took their toll :)

5. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015

I nearly shed tears when I saw this second trailer. I'll probably have a stroke when I see the main trailer!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  6. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Oh, was at the BDW panel today. He had not seen the new teaser trailer. So it was shown during the panel for him to see. It was classic. Once the teaser ended...he clapped. JAT asked him what his thoughts were. BDW says something to the effect of "there is a certain element missing."hahahah. Awesome. The crowd screams and starts chanting LANDO LANDO LANDO.

7. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
  8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Yea "flu". The type that makes your nose white.

9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Anyone know how hard tickets are to get to the one in London? I noticed they're scheduled to go on sale today at 10 a.m. PT. The wife and I are already planning a trip to London for 2016 and she said going to the London Celebration would be fun, so I'm jumping all over that lol

10. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Should not be too difficult for regular tickets. Anaheim show was not even sold out until Thursday. So, 1 year ahead with everyone in post celebration blues and drained wallets..I think you should be ok. Unless you want VIP tickets. Those go in minutes every time.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  11. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Cool -- thanks. I've never been so I didn't know if there was a ComicCon-like rush for tickets. Not concerned about VIP. Regular tickets will suit us just fine.

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think that sentiment doesn't just apply to SW fandom either, I think its extending out past that and thats IMO in part down to the lure of the OT and the nostalgia surrounding these new films. Hopefully they live up to the expectation.

13. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    N
    No Problem. Several people I met during celebration wanted to make comparison of celebration to SDCC--since they were new to the whole convention scene and loved it. In scale, celebration is so much smaller. SDCC is just crazy with people--like 3-4 times more. Tickets are nearly impossible to get. Almost a miracle when you score them as planned. Celebration is not like that. Smaller, but still full enough to have to get in long lines for the best panels. Easily 1hr+ wait to get into some things. But that is just how it goes. But getting the actual general admission tickets is super easy if you are in the planning stages now. I hope that part never changes. SDCC has become a stressful frustrating mess. Plus SDCC gets diluted with things you may not be into (but others are) in TV, Movies, books, comics etc which end up being just extra crowd (and you are the extra crowd for others). Whereas celebration--everyone and everything is all about star wars--just concentrated. You will have great fun.

14. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Can anyone provide a YouTube link for the JJ/KK panel in its entirety? I tried searching for it there. A number of versions popped up that seemed to be mainly handheld camera/cellphone versions of it that are amateur. I am looking for the official version in HD. I can't seem to find that.

Also the full day 1 streaming video that is still available which is like 8 hours long doesn't seem to include that panel. When I play that video, it seems to start right after the panel ended as the first thing shown is the reaction to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012

Here's the international link.
    And the panel is not supposed to be on the Day 1 Video, they wanted it to be separate and accessible.

16. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Is there anyway to search for that on the regular U.S. YouTube site? I want to stream it on my TV through the app on our directv box, but you have to do a search to find the video you are looking for to access.

17. Erevador

Erevador Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2013
    So, I made a video about my Celebration experience...

It was an overwhelming experience seeing so much positivity in one place, so many people brought together by a shared passion.

It seemed appropriate to combine my footage with Joseph Campbell's own words on the enduring power of myth. I'm very pleased with the result.

18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

But starwars.com hasn't uploaded it, have they? Isn't on the Youtube channel.

19. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone record the entire Myth panel?

Yeah I am getting the blues too, and I just watched the livestream at home.

20. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Found this on reddit guys.Have fun picking all of it apart. One question I have: Does Ren's lightsaber look more something that was cobbled together, or more like an ancient piece of tech?

http://imgur.com/a/76k9u#KF6nQIb

21. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    A little late, but for anyone who went, I was wondering, how was the nightlife after end of events for all four days? Where there numerous and big meet ups at bars/lounges/clubs/house parties?

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Agreed. And I'll be at the London one for sure... so I expect to see all my TFN pals there... :)

starocean90, nightangel and Satipo like this.
  23. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I can only talk about the last London one... and I was in the same hotel as Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Jerermy Bulloch, Ray Park et al... and that's where the fun really started... It was surreal. A total SW party in the bar. :)

24. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001

Are we talking like Mos Eisley Catina fun or a lower level club on Coruscant fun?

25. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    We're talking good laughs and lots of SW anecdotes type scenario... strictly Mos Eisley cantina level...

Rebel_Loyaltist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.