main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    How much were VIP passes last year and how fast did they sell out?

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    $750 after fees and they go instantly.

3. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014
    :eek:

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's worth it, but you have to be ready when they go on sale and get really lucky.

5. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014
    Yeah lines were brutal last year...

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There was also a max of 2 VIP tickets, so if you're with a group, that is an issue.

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    A couple at the last Cele. said they used a 'networking' group to get their tickets for the London Cele. and the Last Orlando one. they employed family to be on line at the same time ahead of when the tickets would come out, they said the tickets were gone in a minute! but they got their VIP passes.

8. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    As a native, I love the choice. As for hotels, you can choose anything on the green line, and be a quick L ride from the convention center.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Would anyone agree that the VIP tickets could go for $900+ for this long Cele.?

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd guess a little bit more. With fees, it came out to $187.50/day in Orlando. With the extra day, that comes to $937.50 and that's without factoring in any inflation.

I think $200-$250 is likely for a 5 day pass, but it won't shock me if it creeps a tad higher after fees.

Hopefully they reveal prices soon since the sale is about 2.5 weeks away.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  11. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    The Wintrust Arena is right next door and holds 10,000

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can't imagine it being there. It would be a major pain to have to go through security in another building every time you want to go to a panel. Plus that line to get in would be outside in the cold.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks like the Skyline Ballroom can hold 10k in a theater setup. Let's put it there.

14. torjoreyri

May 9, 2014
    Maybe, but it is connected to the Marriot via skybridge, which is connected to the convention center via skybridge. You can get from one building to the other without going outside.

It looks like that would be a loooooooong seating plan, where people in the back may as well be in a satellite room. Regardless, whatever Reed decides to use for the main stage, I'm sure we'll all find something to complain about!

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Maybe if they used the Wintrust Arena for one or two major panels like the IX teaser (with a queue hall in the main building led across the skybridge) and then the Skyline Ballroom in theatre setup for the regular popular panels? Using both (one live, one streaming) would give you 20,000 capacity in those two rooms alone which is fantastic news after the complaints of last year.

I just booked this as well. Might try for something cheaper/closer through OnPeak but it's nice to have something secured at a reasonable rate.

16. torjoreyri

May 9, 2014
    Did the same. It's a 20-minute walk to the convention center and I can cancel up until next April. I'm a little curious at how much I'd be willing to pay for a connected hotel, though. That is the most important thing to me

17. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    So i was looking at the McCormick Place event calendar on their website and they have an event going from 4/8-4/11 in their South/North building. Guessing that means we are in the West?

Nvm that’s way too small. East building on the lake looks better. Great for pics

18. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Sorry for the double post but I just got off the phone and I wanted to share this information. Not sure if I need to put it in the other thread but parking around the center is $36 a day.

I was asking the Hyatt about their parking across the street and if I needed a reservation. she was looking around at all the others for the lowest price, even though I wasn’t asking for that and said the lot for employees is $35, the rest are $36 cause they are for the center. Lots of parking but if you drive, expect to pay around that amount a day.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hmm...looking at the floor plans, that would seem way too small.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I remember waking up at 4:30 just to be something like the 3,000th in line.

21. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Maybe West and Lakeside Center?

West looks pretty big and is 5 floors.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Only level 3 in the west has an exhibit hall. It would be a bit disjointed to have it in West and Lakeside since they aren't adjacent, but I suppose it's possible to use that. Lakeside has the theater as well. If you look at the event schedule, a lot of the events use more than one building. Hard to see them doing Celebration in just one. The ycould use the 10k arena too, although I'm sure capacity would be a little less than that in more of a concert setup.

23. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Could you see them do West on Thursday and Friday and open up North or South to accompany West on Saturday? Seems weird but since those two are used on Thursday, it doesn’t give them much choice

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Maybe? The event that goes until the 11th ends at 3pm that day. Is it possible this will be a bit like SDCC and Thursday is more of a preview night (hence why the con is wrapping around to Monday)?

25. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    West has the largest ballroom which is over 100K square feet. Orlando mainstage ballroom was just over 60K square feet. In that same building the exhibit hall is 890K square feet. In Orlando the exhibit hall was 630K square feet. Orlando didnt have access to an Arena and the theater was 2500 seats. The Wintrust Arena is attached through the Marriott. In 2015 in Anaheim the queue for the Arena was inside the convention center and we were walked over as a group. So the queue for Wintrust could be in the exhibition hall and then be lead to the Arena like we were in Anaheim.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.