main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    You are truly evil! I will hire you to get me some exclusives if you have the VIP pass! (just kidding!)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    This reminds me! I got an email about an unrelated event at the Wintrust Arena, warning us of the strict bag policy. I'll link below, but suffice it to say, if they enforce it for SWCC, it will absolutely take the cake on people's list of grievances. A bit too hyperbolic to claim people will riot, but they will bitch and scream all weekend long. It's not hyperbolic to say it will ruin people's weekend.

As for McCormick place, they had the standard metal detector/bag search during C2E2 this year. First time they ever had metal detectors; and, as always, security literally didn't care about looking in your bag, just verifying that it can open. They had the security checkpoint before the registration area, which everyone had to go through every day, so you could walk in and out of the show floor to panels or the grand concourse without going through security.

https://wintrustarena.com/plan-your-visit/purse-bag-policy/

https://wintrustarena.com/plan-your-visit/prohibited-items/

LOL, they also ban "glow sticks." I wonder if lightsabers count.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Haha, there's no way that bag policy gets enforced! It would create total chaos as everyone staying overnight will have some sort of bag and likely food/drink as well. And that's just the IX panel. People buy stuff at Celebration, they'll have that with them (almost certainly in bags), as they go to panels throughout the day.

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Saturday 97% sold.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, the genie is out of the bottle now. And it's not going back for a looong time.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, after this, watch how fast tickets sell out for the next celebration. All week tickets won't last much longer than VIP.

7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea. I don't know if it will ever get to being one of those events that sells out instantaneously or almost instantaneously. But it's going to sure rank up there as being one of these types of events that does sell out very quickly. There's really only a handful of them that sell out this quickly when the event itself is scheduled so far out.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    You know, just bull-sitting here, but with the number of remaining Saturday tickets that low, if somebody really wanted to, had the means of doing it, and the motive, they could technically buy up the remaining tickets until the day sells out. Which could then give a pretty good indication of what ticket capacity is. They really ought to keep that information a little more hush hush. 50%, 75% is one thing. But if somebody actually went through with buying the remaining tickets when there are only 3% total left, that's valuable information to have in a competitive market like the convention circuit. They could still resell them at face value and not lose any money. And end up having priceless information when they figure the rest of the figures out based on what 3% of Saturday is. But the only possible way to know that would be to buy up all the remaining tickets.

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Saturday adult sold out.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I bought them all. Calculating the figures now...

Padme501st likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Looking forward to your results. :)

12. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Sometimes I wonder the percentage of SW Fans buying tix in comparison with scalpers, trying to earn an extra buck. I would not be surprised seeing the markups on eBay and other sites between now and April. Because, what stuck in my mind at CVI while purchasing swag, was about a dozen people ahead of me with boxes full of stuff and they were online (cell phones) showing their merchandise to the highest bidder! I was flabbergasted . . .

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm using the navicomputer's calculation function, so this may take a while.

Edit: I wonder how long it's going to take for them to tweet that Saturday is sold out. It's been about 10 minutes now.

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Wait til badges get shipped. Then you'll see a ton go up on ebay.

Especially because there's no names attached to them, it's going to be a free for all in terms of price gouging. ReedPop and/or Disney are going to have to do something to curb that at future Celebrations if the demand remains this high.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think scalping badges is that big of an issue. Most people selling are ones who can no longer go and just want to get their money back. Whatever you do, don't buy a resold ticket now. Wait until March if you need to go that route.

Now show exclusives on the other hand...that's an issue.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    I totally agree! True fans are legit. But we can not control those who don't give a hoot-an-six-pence about Celebration and sell them for an ungodly profit. Yeah, I know. If we live in a perfect world, these things wouldn't happen.

17. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    I'm just an 'old f*rt' looking after our fan base. [face_clown][face_dancing]:lando:[face_laugh]

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Saturday adult badges sold out!

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We know. Blame @MotivateR5D4 ;)

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Saturday kids are off the board too, but they may have just done that since there's no way for an accompanying adult to buy a ticket.

21. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Yeah. People should wait until the first of the year to see people trying to sell tickets...

22. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
  23. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    In my perfect world, all badges would be will-call only with an ID check, and full returns would be granted up until they're picked up.

It would never work because that will call would be a nightmare, but it would prevent scalpers from just trying to make a quick buck.

24. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Full refund would not be doable. ReedPop need to know for sure, that they have the money they need to run Celebration.
    If they offered full refund many would buy tickets just on the off chance they would want to go, but many might change their mind and if they want their money back a day or two before the event, then it could drastically reduce the number of panels and signers because ReedPop would need to have a buffer of money incase anybody wanted a refund.

25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That's weird to me. What if some people decide to bring their kids at a later date? Hopefully that's not the reason they're sold out.