main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It looks like we've hit the dead period. After the initial rush and the fact that you can't buy all five days now, it looks like ticket sales have slowed (at least we aren't getting updates of anything nearing a sellout).

It's going to be a long wait until April.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    It's been five days since our last communications from the SW_Celebration comm links. The great ticket battle is over, but the greater war has just begun. As we wait hunkered down in the Jedi Council forums, the blinking of the archives a constant reminder of the radio silence, we can only hope that the resistance will send a rescue party soon.

Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Speaking of countdowns... 300 days!

At least according to the official countdown, but that seems to be counting down to Wednesday April 10th 18:00 (Chicago time) for some reason.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's when the lines start. :)

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The countdown is a reminder for Kathleen Kennedy to send pizza to the folks in the queue. xD

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think we need to keep ourselves entertained. For the last celebrations they have been very late with announcements, so don't expect much until the last month or so before Celebration.

7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Haha!!

Seriously though, if the line for Friday's IX panel starts on Wednesday I'll be giving it a miss. I'm prepared to miss a few hours on Thursday but I'm not sacrificing the full day just to be in the live room. I'll happily take one of the overflow rooms and enjoy an extra day of Celebration. Of course I'm hoping with them using the arena I won't have to make the choice.

Yeah, except for sell out announcements I'm not expecting anything until the new year now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I was choosing between that or a countdown to your karaoke time.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    =D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D=

Well played!

10. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    The last few years were back to back.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm ok with no announcements till next year. My wallet needs a break. Celebration tickets/hotels and e3! In the same month... my wallet isn't liking the remainder of 2018/early 2019, haha.

Swtorista likes this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    There won't be much of anything at this point until January. Then we'll start slowly seeing the emails, the Road to Celebration items you can buy, and the guest announcements. I noticed last year they all seemed to come in a trickle starting in late January/early February. Then about a month til we'll start getting loads of information each week including panel announcements.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Warwick Davis was announced as host on 12/21. The first wave of guests came on 2/8.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    Does anyone have a link to pictures of the online exclusive items you can order along with the tickets? Only thing that came up for me was the Logo, but I wasn't sure if that was just a placeholder or not, since it came up exactly the same for everything.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There aren't any.

16. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    Dang, its really tempting but I don't want to order something if I can't see it first. I just hope they are still available when they DO finally post pictures of them lol.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You had to order the stuff with your tickets. I've seen some people say they've been able to add stuff to their order by emailing ReedPop, but you can't do it through the site apparently (unless they changed it recently).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd definitely get the lanyard (if offered) if nothing else. You need something to hang your passes around your neck!

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If I were you, I would go ahead and buy them anyway. No matter what, you can bet it isn't going to be some crap design. But trust me, when it comes time for Celebration, you want to be in a situation where have bought those items and at least have some merch for yourself in the event that you can't get to the store. Because it isn't any guarantee you will be able to unless you are willing to sacrifice an entire day for it. And if you aren't willing to do that while at Celebration, then you'll really regret not pre-ordering some stuff when you had the chance ahead of time.

20. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    We ordered some pins and patches when getting the tickets, I was considering the hoodie,but thought it was overpriced and yes, the decorations would probably be iron-ons. I still have my hoodie from Cele.5 with the Boba Fett applique, that was worth the $50! the last hoodie was $60 and was not worth an iron on.

Swtorista likes this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Shirts are way worth it to pre-order as well.

22. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I gotta tell you guys: this is just the worst.

It was pretty exciting there for a few weeks. First there was just the concept of Celebration in 2019. I entertained ideas that maybe this would be the year I would go, but knew in my heart that I really wouldn't be able to justify the expense for it all and wouldn't actually go again. Then there was the announcement that it was going to be Chicago which, while not exactly close, is close enough that I can reasonably drive it and cut out much of the expense. There were a few weeks of "will I, won't I" still with the thought that I probably wouldn't. However, after discussions with the wife and reviewing the finances it grew more and more of a real possibility that I would make it this year.

Even up to the day tickets went on sale I was still pretty wishy washy, but I really loved the idea of going and finally, and very excitedly, committed in my mind to go. The day tickets went on sale was almost like a holiday. I don't know if I'd really felt that excited to spend money on something I wouldn't be doing for a while since I bought TFA tickets. I had actually hoped to get VIP tickets. That didn't work out, but I've got five day passes and couldn't be more excited.

And then booking a hotel (I booked the Knickerbocker outside of the official tool) and with all the excitement I held and was shown on this board it almost felt like Celebration was just around the corner. So much hype!

Now, separated a bit from the excitement and having finished all the arrangements and such it is really sinking in that I've got ~10 months before this is actually going to happen A couple of weeks ago it felt like it was happening tomorrow. Now it feels like it will never happen. Can we just fast forward to the good bits?

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @Link1130: Just use the down time to try and consistently work extra hours and set aside enough money so that you can comfortably enjoy the trip and can manage the various expenses that come with it.

Link1130 and ChrisLyne like this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, the main things right now are saving as much as possible and (if you want to) cosplay preparation. I'm saying cosplay prep now because if you do plan on making something yourself rather than just going store bought, it can take time to put it all together.

25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Worked on my Celebration budget today with a breakdown of how much I need saved at the end of each month so that by first of April it’s all there