main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Thursday 85% sold.

2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Ha ha. True statement. I'm not really struggling. I was just really trying to make a statement how much hype I had for a bit on this and now I just have to wait for nearly a year.

3. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I remember when Anaheim felt more like a 2 year waiting game. Don't know why, but it did.
    C19 feels more like winning the lottery. Tickets --- Yeah! Accommodations --- Heck Yeah!!!! Transportation -- Oh Yeah!!!!!!:lando:
    And after all that preparation, scrambling, praying, buying, and Celebration Ultimate Headache (CUH) I can finally settle back and say, IT IS DONE.
    And when it happens again in a couple of years . . . ugh, the pain.:_|

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The fact that it was a two year waiting game probably had something to do with it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm waiting for the dealers announcement, map of the dealers room, so I can plan shopping accordingly. I'm not familiar with the con.center so I want as many maps as possible so I can plan the race to the space(exclusives, panels etc.) there are ways to keep being "pumped up" until the final countdown! I just found some Porg fabric and am making a shirt out of it to wear for the Cele.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    You can get the convention centre map from McCormick Place's website (I'm sure you already have this). Dealer room map will likely be end of March/beginning of April next year on the Celebration site.

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Nice! I'll see if I can get in. But if it's in the room I am thinking of, it doesn't have a huge capacity. It's normally where all the Star Wars panels are held, and it usually has a long line. I don't know if this Clone Wars panel is going to be worth taking up the first half of my Thursday morning. There's other things I think I'd rather focus on at that time.

Funny thing is, I typically avoid Star Wars stuff at other conventions anyway and just focus on the other franchises I like. Unless there is some kind of big reveal or anniversary panel, then I might try. Although I haven't been at a convention where there was one like that for Star Wars. But there typically isn't any Star Wars content at other conventions that isn't at Celebration. If anything, if you've been to a Celebration in the past, then a lot of times the Star Wars content at other conventions just isn't worth going to, simply because you've seen it before.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also if you're going to SDCC and are looking forward to the upcoming Thrawn novel, there is a (pretty nice) exclusive cover for SDCC. You can take a look at it and a novel excerpt here on TFN Main.

Padme501st and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, that cover does look nice.

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I really hope there's a focus on SW books / EU goodies next year in Chicago. It's seems Del Rey has a better presence at US Celebrations.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it's because they don't have the distribution in Europe or something, so they don't bother coming over.

13. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Can anyone give me any perspective on buying Saturday tickets at the door? Obviously they are more expensive, but do they run out? I just want to know if I go on Friday and hang around for Saturday, will there be tickets at the door?

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    They have claimed that all Saturday tickets are sold out. Tickets are only available at the door if there are unsold tickets.

15. m1n1m0

m1n1m0 Jedi Knight

May 27, 2016
    Pretty sure Saturday one day passes are sold out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, once a day has sold out there will be no tickets available on the door.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Saturday tickets are gone forever. Your only chance now is on the secondary market closer to the con when tickets ship. Just be careful if you go that route.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I know at the last London Celebration they did release an extra batch of 1-day tickets closer to the date. Not sure if they will do that here but it's worth keeping an eye on the website/Twitter feed for news.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They've been pretty adamant on social media that once a ticket type sells out, it's gone for good.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I posted this in Feb 2016 in our UK Fan forum for CE:

Cross-posted from the Celebration Forum:

News on Rebelscum and TFN Main that an extra batch of single day passes have been released. So far there are adult single-day passes for all 3 days (no childrens' passes). To order see the website here.

So that was around 5 months prior to CE2.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  21. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks. Just wanted to see what my options were.

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It would be worth a shot to check ebay once badges get shipped. I remember looking last year and seeing a number of single and multiple day badges going for prices that weren't all that much higher than what the face value was. This was some weeks prior to Celebration. I'd say it's definitely worth looking into once that time comes. By then, a lot of people will have realized or decided that they can't go, and will just want to dump off their badges simply to get back what they paid for it. Expect those to go up as soon as badges start getting shipped. And then just snag one. Don't wait too long either, because once those badges go, all you're going to be left with to choose from are the ones being sold for a big profit.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm back from SDCC. I did my usual sun up til sun down (and later) routine and was extremely busy the entire time. As I do at these things, I just completely immersed myself in it and forgot about the outside world. I'll be spending today making that slow walk back to reality. You guys know how I get after these things, I don't need to go on and an about it. Not surprisingly, you guys probably understand how I get after these things better than people in my own life understand how I get after these things. So I thank you all for that.

I didn't end up going to that Clone Wars panel, so I don't have anything to report back about that. I do know that there is a lot of uncertainty about whether Star Wars and/or Marvel will ever be returning to SDCC. Opinions seem quite literally split 50/50 on that. Only time will tell I suppose.

As far as SDCC goes, I think I've had my fix of it. I've been there the last three years. And it requires such a tremendous amount of time, effort, leaps and bounds to do it, that I'm not quite sure I'd get out of it anymore what I have gotten out it the last three years. I have had tremendously positive experiences at SDCC, and I truly feel as though it has contributed to who I am in a similar way that Star Wars Celebration has. However, just given the demand of this event, I think it's my time to step aside from it and allow someone else a chance to experience it as well. If that is something I can give back to that community, even in such a minuscule way as that, than I am okay with it. It's funny, this being my third year there, I felt so seasoned, like a true veteran. And there did happen to be a lot more first timers this year than there had been in the past, that was plainly obvious to anybody who had attended before. So seeing that kind of made me realize that I don't need to continue making this push for it that I have the last few years. There's plenty of people out there who deserve a chance to go and experience it the way I and most anybody I've talked to about it have. Maybe years from now I might get that Comic Con bug again and will put in that effort to go. But for now, I think I've wrapped up my SDCC experience.

A lot has gone on for me over the last 10-12 days. I did kind of a personal road trip in the lead up to Comic Con. Ended some long time friendships, re-established some others. And then of course, Comic Con. So I need a little time to process everything.

Sorry if I was unavailable during the game. I don't know where you guys are on that. But I'll get up to speed in the coming days and see if there's anything I can do to help.

As far as the foreseeable future goes, now that this is all behind me, I'm already starting to calculate the monthly, weekly, and daily countdown to Star Wars Celebration 2019. So I'll definitely be back here shortly and as active as ever until then.

For now, I just wanted to check in with everyone and say hello.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I hope you really enjoyed it if it is to be your last one. I can imagine how draining it must be, amazing event but exhausted afterwards.

Marvel I think might be done or might come back with a bang after Avengers 4. Star Wars I think might still put on a panel when there isn't a Celebration and they have something to announce (like this year). Hard to tell. With D23 and Celebration next year we probably won't get a clear picture until 2021.

In terms of countdown.... MY FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED :D:D:D:D

£367 direct flights from London to Chicago. I'd wanted to go from Manchester really but the price was just too good from London.

So that's badges and flights paid for, hotel is reserved (still working on upgrading to the Marriott), I'm all set! Wow, it feels good to type that! Now I just have to save, save, save. Any maybe get a new costume together. So excited!!!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Glad you are back safe from SDCC @MotivateR5D4. I can only imagine the amount of exertion that goes into a con that large, I saw some pics of the crowd etc. It’s interesting to hear that Marvel and SW may be done with it as well, considering they are both involved with Disney. Makes you wonder what they have in store.

I checked ebay a few days ago for the SDCC Thrawn Alliances cover and was shocked to see it $85+ with the majority over $100. I get it’s an exclusive but the book isn’t different just the cover. Same thing happened at Celebration and while I love Thrawn very much, I can’t justify the price for a cover. Maybe one day when the exclusives fad dies down, conventions will be more about fans and less about getting exclusives and reselling online. One can only hope right?

As for me, I have decided to drive to Celebration. I have finally been accepted into the 501st like a week ago, which has been surreal to say the least. Aside from time, just trying to stay on budget in my Celebration savings fund so I’m ready by April!

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.