main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011
    This site claims to have information that there will be an announcement on May 4:

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Not exactly going out on a limb...

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Haha! Seen a few pages saying "we're hearing rumours of / sources say expect something May 4th". Maybe it's true and they have sources but my gut feeling is it's just informed speculation like we've all been doing.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I do have a little concern that they will do Solo tickets on 5/4 and then announce Celebration at some random date later without warning.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I run a movie theater and the studio hasn't mentioned anything about advance sales yet. We did just get Deadpool information today so maybe we find out more next week? I would assume tickets would be up in time to take advantage of all the people seeing Avengers.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Cool. I'm going to be looking for Deadpool tickets as well.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Something's telling me the same.

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Maybe they could do both. Put the Solo tickets on sale at midnight or 8am then follow up with the Celebration announcement during the day?

Just been checking my the hotel I'm planning to advance book and I can book it from the end of this week, that will definitely make things feel more real even if the dates/location aren't what I'm guessing and I have to cancel/rebook something else.

9. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    If they do a shadow drop of tickets like "Today, we're announcing that Celebration 9 will be in Anaheim and tickets are on sale now!" that would really suck if I'm not near a computer.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That won't happen.

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit part of me did wonder if they might do that on May 4th. I don't think they will but I guess you can never say never.

More likely is they'll do a short window between the announcement and the sale date rather than a 3 week wait like last time (because that would clash with the release of Solo). Celebration London was announced on the last day of Anaheim with tickets on sale the next day so it's definitely possible we could see the announcement on Friday 4th then tickets either Saturday 5th or Monday 7th. Gotta admit I'd prefer that to dragging it out for another 3 weeks,

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    For Celebration Orlando, they announced on May the 4th that tickets will be on sale May 25th. Not sure why it was that date in particular for tickets going on sale. But I'm expecting at least a bit of a gap like that between the announcement and the date when tickets go on sale.

And only if you are keen on getting VIP would you have to be at a computer right when they go on sale. I'd be more worried about booking a hotel right away then getting my 4 day badges.

Which hotel are you looking at? There's a few more other than the Hilton and Marriott that are located adjacent to the convention center, so as long as I'm at any one of those in that immediate circle I'll be happy. Although at the moment they aren't allowing booking for anything beyond early April next year. So we'll have to wait a couple of weeks for that.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yup. Get your hotel quickly. For any first timers reading this, while four day passes won't sell out day one, they do sell out pretty far in advance, so I would go ahead and secure them when you can if you know you're going.

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Crazy that this time last year we were in the final day of Celebration Orlando, and three years ago we were just starting Celebration Anaheim.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    At the moment we're looking at a family suite at the Camelot Inn & Suites. There's 4 of us and only 1 couple so we need 3 beds, most 4 people rooms are 2 doubles so we've pretty much been looking at 2 rooms or suites (suites working out cheaper for the group). Room is pay on arrival/no cancellation fee so if the dates change or if we can find something nicer/closer when the convention rooms are released we'll switch but just want to secure something we're all happy with asap.

It's about 15 mins walk but right opposite Disney and we 're looking at doing a few days at Disney after Celebration so it works out well.

16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @ChrisLyne: I don't think you'll need two rooms. Most hotels in the US will be able to accommodate a roll out bed if requested. But since you're with a family that could get cramped. So you'd probably be fine with a suite, because even if it's only two beds, the couch will likely double as a pull out bed, or you can request a roll out bed to put in the common area.

And pretty much anywhere in that immediate vicinity off the corner of Harbor Blvd and Katella Ave would put you right in the middle and within walking distance of everything. If you need help at any point narrowing down a place let me know, I know that area pretty well.

I'm thinking of booking several weekends somewhere and then cancelling the ones I don't need when the announcement comes. Especially if we don't get an announcement on May 4th, because then it could drop at any time without warning.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    As long as I can do something within 5-10 minutes walking distance, I'll be happy. I'm not going to pay up a ton in order to be somewhere connected to the convention center. If prices are relatively close though, obviously I'll do it.

18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If the prices are that drastically different, I might not be so keen on being directly in front of the convention center either. But one thing I saw a few weeks ago is that there is basically a whole complex of hotels that are immediately adjacent. It isn't just the Hilton and the Marriott, those two just happen to be directly across. So hopefully prices are reasonable within that circle of hotels.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Anyone who went to Anaheim last time have anywhere we should avoid?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    In particular, don't stay on the other side of Disneyland from where the Convention Center is, at the corner of Disneyland Drive and Ball Road. There's a cluster of hotels there that look close, but in reality are kind of out of the way. It might work for a Disneyland trip, but not so much if you're also going to the Convention Center.

Basically if you stick to that corner of Katella and Harbor and don't go more than a mile in any direction, you'll be good.

Outside of that immediate radius is certainly doable. Just depends on how much you want to be in the center of everything.

I really hope it's not in the Fall.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm kind of inclined to believe that report. If they are announcing on May 4, they would have everything lined up at this point and be prone to a leak. Fall works for me.

Fall also gives them time to get their ducks in a row on things like the live action tv show and future anthology films.

Either way, we should know soon.

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hopefully.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Fall seems a little late to me. The latest Celebration has been in the US is August and D23 has already been announced for the end of August in Anaheim.

I guess they could push back to October and have the final IX trailer debut at Celebration rather than the first teaser but that would put it in the same month as NYCC which is (I think) ReedPop's biggest event of the year.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002