main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Celebration Chicago – April 11-15, 2019

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PymParticles , May 16, 2018.

1. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    There is a no harassment clause that you acknowledge when you purchase tickets.

So yeah, being a jerk is kind of frowned upon as it it is huge gathering with long lines. Don’t go into this thinking it’s a quaint meet and greet.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Depends entirely on what you mean by 'show displeasure'.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  3. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I have never seen anything like this for Celebration. 12+ hotels sold out in 30 minutes (thank God I got mine) and now the 5-day passes have already sold out. The last Celebration had those 5 day passes sell out like sometime in February. Here, they sold out in two days. This is bananas. Good bananas, but still bananas.

I braved the concrete two days in a row in Orlando last time with friends from MSW, other podcasters, etc. Great seats, 3rd row, sitting 20ft from the Maker himself. But I will never slave to the concrete again. Two days of no sleep, freezing - yes freezing on the second night when they piped in the artic into the convention floor. Why they don't have assigned seating is nuts. I missed the entire convention, lots of panels and it made it crazy hard to keep up with the stories for the Post.

This time, it's hanging out in the media lounge, doing stories, going to other panels and drinking and meeting people at night. No more concrete for this guy.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Some of the Admins had the same experience as you did. They camped out all night to get to the main panel. But they also said never again. I don't plan on sleeping on concrete in Chicago. The panels are not that important to me. I'd rather socialize.

Max@TSWP likes this.
  5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I believe it was CV when I had a VIP pass. That year Uncle George was there at one of the panels. I remember, VIPer's
    were allowed in ten minutes early but you had to be in the "special" line. I sat 3rd row, center. After that the gallery filled to capacity.
    Seeing The Creator was a thrill for me! I've been a fan since I saw my first SW flick in 1977 at age 22, one month after the premier.
    Been a fan ever since. Met a number of SW actors from the very beginning of fandom up until CVII Anaheim. I have dozens of
    stories to tell but I'll save them when I meet all of you in Chicago!

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Wow... I'm glad everybody hates Star Wars or it would have been sold out before it went on sale. Got my 5-day (missed VIP, despite checking out at 1:03 PM EDT, and fortunate.,I had a contact hook me up with a room at the Hyatt, cause nothing within 3 miles was available by the time I got in the hotel room page.

I hope they have plenty of security on hand to toss out anyone trying to disrupt this.

7. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    I don't think anyone is going to go with the crazy expense to show up to this thing to protest and get kicked out. Not to mention the army of Boo's that would engulf them. But then again, it's in the mid-west and easy drive distance for some of those people so, it's possible.

8. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    I wouldn't think people would actually personally harass creators on their social media eityher, but they do! Still, I hope you are right. I'm looking forward to 5 days of pure Star Wars LOVE.

yanote, Birkendoc and Max@TSWP like this.
  9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, doing something as anonymous figure on the internet is pretty easy, doing the same in person while also having to spend a ton of money on it is a whole different matter ;)

Not that I have been to a celebration, only to smaller cons, but from the sound of it they tend to have a very positive atmosphere in general.

Strongbow and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  10. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I so want to go. Going to try to talk the wife into it. We went to London and I had a blast, but we were only there for one day and didn't get to any of the panels. Wife didn't quite enjoy it as much as I did and would have rather been out touring (can't say I blame her). We got to meet some awesome folks though. What days does everyone recommend since the 5 day packages are sold out?

11. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Hit Saturday. And I suspect the big opening panel is on Friday, though that may be hard to get in to, though the atmosphere will be absolutely electric.

Birkendoc likes this.
  12. GaiusBaltar6

GaiusBaltar6 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2018
    Wow! SW Celebration 2019 5 day tickets sold out already.. Bummer

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Ahhhhh . . . GaiusBaltar6! But the night is still young. Purchase one day tickets, but you'll have to act
    quickly before they're all gone!
    Remember, this is CELEBRATION!

14. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Saturday tickets have now sold out. This is crazy, I know a lot of people that just couldn't afford tickets this month.

15. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I wish I could go so bad, but it's just not going to happen. I still have tons of fun watching all the videos though.Can't wait for celebration Chicago!

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m still hoping to go; I haven’t bought tickets but I wasn’t worried about the five-day ones, I never go for the full time. I’m going to try to get Sunday and Monday tickets and fly in Saturday.

And I could have an offer to be in Episode IX and I still wouldn’t sleep on concrete. You all have fewer joint problems than I do. :p

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Celebration is just around the corner! Who is ready? Excited? If not, what do you need to do still to get to that point? For me it's getting time to clean up and organize my Star Wars room while going through pics and memories of being with all of you fans. Then post here on the message boards on predictions/some spoilers then cutoff social media by October 2019. It's going to be awesome, mainly because I live less than an hour from the convention!
    I love the panels but mostly just walking the collection booth areas is the best.
    See some of you there and happy New Year!

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Are we having a meet up? I'm from Chicago so I could suggest some places (that aren't touristy).

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I’m really excited because there are so many possibilities
    EP IX Teaser
    EP IX Teaser with a “Chewie, we’re home”moment
    Mandalorian Trailer
    Clone Wars trailer and episode information
    Cassian series title and cast
    Announcement of the next 1 or 2 Star Wars movies.

Could be epic, but I’m trying to temper my expectations. I’m not sure we’re going to get all the above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm thinking we're getting at least two of the above (maybe three).

21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    You got tickets Knessa84?

22. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    No. Lines and waiting aren't really my thing. But if people wanted to meet up for a drink or two, I'd definitely do that.

cerealbox likes this.
  23. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Lots to look forward to with this Celebration. Episode IX, The Mandalorian, the final season of The Clone Wars, Galaxy's Edge and who knows what other announcements might be made about future films and series...

IlhamKamaruddin and chrcharcor2 like this.
  24. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    EP:IX, Mandalorian and G.E. will be the big stories.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  25. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Very excited to see what they have to show for Mandalorian and TCW.

Low-key excited/interested to see if they announce anything surprising with Doctor Aphra. I’ve enjoyed those comics so far, but I think they need to introduce new/better antagonists for her.