main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars Celebration Chicago the LGA thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jun 2, 2018.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well the website for Celebration Chicago is live with tickets and rooms going on sale this week. Who's going? Jammies, I don't think you've missed a Celebration since I've known you. Relin mentioned getting his rooming secured and then deciding later. Me? Probably not. Orlando Celebration left a bad taste in my mouth and you can watch the panels and everything online anymore. News hits the net almost as soon as it's announced. Plus I mentioned the wife and I already planned (and have booked) a Disney Star Wars cruise for next year. That's gonna be a big chunk of funds and vacation time and a second Star Wars vacation in April is just too much. Things can change but it looks like I'll sit this out and enjoy it from home.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, I don't know... Maybe? Not against it, but it just gets more and more expensive and getting away can be a hassle. Plus, I was expecting it to be at Star Wars Land and Hotel-- and could kill two birds with one credit card. Still, I might do just a one or two day.. maybe take the "EL" train.

Chicago in April is not warm though. Better than Chicago in December or August.

Honestly, I will be saying no until February when I will be frantically buying single day passes and looking for cat sitters. [face_party]

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Wow. 5 Day tickets are sold out.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow. Just came here to post that, and you beat me to it Boss.

They sold out in what, four days? And the Saturday Only badge is almost gone too. 2017 sold out after months of being on the market-- and I thought that was quick then. Hotels were gone shortly after the announcement, so there is that too. This is going to be one crowded celebration.

LGA Stream party?

5. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Saturday is sold out. Watch party sounds good..

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll let you camp out on my sidewalk the night before and I'll give you a wristband to come back in a couple of hours. Then I'll make you stand in line and tell you the room's full and send you to an overflow room. Oh, and I'll charge you $5 for a hotdog, $6 for soda and $8 for a slice of pizza. And to make sure I give you the whole Celebration experience I'll promise you exclusive merch but it will be sold out by the time you get here.