main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars Celebration II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Rox: here are some links...
    Indy FF party thread

Indy FF hotel room thread

other info

We here at the Central PA FanForce are also planning on driving to Celebration. Maybe we could join your caravan. Also, maybe we could all go together in reservations of hotel rooms. Let me know what you think.

!snap

2. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry I've not checked in recently guys been really busy.
    Most likely unless the mobile home rental idea works I'm out. I should have my permit though if someone would want to have me drive and you sleep.

I still think we should all petition that the III celebration is in Pittsburgh.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    corran the mobile home plan is probably not gonna fly. You have to be 25 to rent one and I'm only 22. But we will have another car going, right now 5 people in two car we could probably fit two more along with us.

Snap have you guys made reservations yet? If not maybe we could work together and buy a block of rooms in one of the hotels. Plus I'm a AAA member so I get discounts galore at most major hotel chains. I say the more people we get the funner the trip would be.

4. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Sounds great Rox. We've got around 4 maybe 5 people going. We're trying to work out the transportation at this point. What are you thinking of as far as transportation?

The hotel idea sounds great, and no, we havn't booked anything yet. I do have a list of hotels in the area that I got from one of the Indianapolis FanForce members.

!snap

5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    For transportation we have two cars mine and my brothers. I can only fit three in my car but my brother can fit 4, 5 if anyone really doesn't mind being smashed in.

6. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    We now have our transportation in order. Did you have a hotel in mind? When were you planning on booking the rooms?

!snap

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't have a hotel in mind, but something that would fit in my budget. Do you have any in mind? I'm not looking to spend super amounts of money on somewhere to just sleep. If I get my new job at the end of the month I would have a problem with a budget for the trip thou.

8. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I'm doing some hotel research, and have 4 posssible in mind right now.

When were you planning on leaving? There hasn't been an events schedual released yet that I know of, so will we want to arrive friday morning or thursday night. I'm not sure how early the events will begin on friday.

!snap

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Leaving the night before or early morning maybe 4 or 5 am would probably be the best route. I hung up some flyers at ccac today to let people know about th trip.

10. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I'll also have my car and I can fit 2 people besides myself in it.

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Since the Celebration is in early May, I guess I'll go too. I was thinking that I'd fly out, but if everyone else is driving . . . I can't leave any earlier than Thursday afternoon (after 3:00) and I'd have to leave Sunday. (I can only take off so many days during the school year) How long does it take to drive out there?

12. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    It's about a 6 hour drive.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have a new email address if any one ever needs to email me. It's vattimot@home.com.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I got up a new site design for the website. I can now do a lot of things that weren't possible with the old site. So go and sign up for a member account/ you can add your owns web links, news, just about anything.

www.thenewrepublic.net

15. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    rox (or anyone else),

did you reserve a room yet??? We were going to stay with some friends, but i dont want to intrude on them. So let me know where you guys are planning on staying. hopefully there are still rooms left. And about Tickets anyone know the exact price??? I heard $35 a day?

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The tickets for the celebration are said to be about $75 for three days. Supposedly, if you are in the Star Wars Fan Club you will be able to get discounts on hotel accomadations. Does anyone know how much it cost to join the SW Fan Club and is there a website were I can sign up??? I looked through starwars.com and couldn't find a sign up link.

Also, if anyone here looks into hotels, please post the info here on prices and location.

Thanks.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No I didn't get a room yet I'm waiting for tickets to go on sale I was told by the Official Fan Club that members will get discounts on rooms, so I'm waiting until then. Fluke you cn join the fan club for 30 bucks, plus you get Star Wars Insider. If you get Star Wars Insider you are already a member of the fanclub you just need to visit the Wizards of the Coast website and email them your name and address so you can get to the members only section.

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    According to theforce.net, tomorrow(thursday) you will be able to reserve tickets to the celebration. I joined the Star Wars Fan Club just so I can be in on everything that will come along with the member benifits. If the only thing members get is something like $5 off hotel accomdations I will be super pissed.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    With tickets going on sale tomorrow I think we need to get a definate number of people going to the celebration. We need to know who needs a room also so we cn make reservations. I can reserve rooms but I will need to know how many are going, so if you want a room email me at vattimot@home.com or PM hopefully sometime tomorrow we can set up a real time chat to get together and discuss things.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    you and me both fluke

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok, I ordered the three-day pass today for $75. If you are a fan club member you will also get something that will give you access to exhibits an hour earlier each day. Hopefully they won't open too early ;-)

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I ordered my brother's and my 3 day pass. I also got some hotel room prices if anyone is interested. The first one is the Downtown Econolodge, they are $65 a night for 2 people and are within walking distance of the convention. the second is the Econolodge South, they are $45 a night for two and are about 5 miles away from the convention.

The way I look at it either way you would spend about the same money. If you go for the cheaper room you are going to have to pay for parking or a cab ride for all 3 days. If you go for the $65 room you can walk, walking is free so the costs balance out. I'm calling the fan club for room rates in a couple of minutes so I'll be back with those prices.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Here's the info for the hotel package thru the fan club.

$115-148 per night
    4 people per room
    a $5 reserve fee for the room by credit card
    the hotel is guaranteed to be within 2 1/2 blocks of the convention center

If we would go with this package which I think would be the best, we would be able to stay in any of the hotels on this map. If we hurry and get a room Embassy Suites, the Marriot or Westin look to be our best bets. The Hyatt is sold out. Please let me know as soon as possible. I'm willing to share a room with two other's to get this close. We need to act as quickly as possible so let me know. Even if you aren't getting your ticket right away that's not a problem. I just need to know how many rooms to book.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Going with the fan club deal, each person would have to pay between $86 and $111 for a hotel room for the entire three day stay. Not a bad deal I guess. How much would those other hotels cost that are next to the convention center?

Rox, I take it that you will be staying with your brother. I am definately going and am still waiting for a friend to get back to me who will probably be going as well. So if you feel comfortable, go ahead and book the fan club room and even if my friend decides not to go we would only need to get one other person. If you would rather not, then I will just probably book a room for two at the Econolodge.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Fluke cool greencat is going as well. So that makes four. We could always fir in a fifth to the room, we cauold get an extra cot(sp?) in the room. We are going to be booked withthe Central PA FanForce as well so we will have some company. I'll book the room tomorrow. If we need an extra room later we can always book it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.