main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars Celebration II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The room at Embassy Suites is booked. The room is for a May third check in(check in time is 3 pm) and check out May 6th(out by noon). I'll take care of checking in since the room is in my name. These people are attending so far and have filled the room:

Fluke_Groundrunner(possible friend too)
    greencat336
    my brother Nick
    and me

If another room is needed because of more people coming we can take care of that as long as we get reservations done by April 1st. As of right now we are looking at about 100 dollars a person for lodging. You can expect to meet some fellow Pennsylvania Fan Forcer's, we are booked with the Central PA FanForce. Be on the lookout for Snap_hiss the city rep from that forum, if I'm not around hopefully he can answer your questions about the trip. we also need to discuss how we are getting there? I have a car that seat's two, three if you don't mind laying down in the back seat. But I'll probably borrow my brothers Lumina to fit more people. As of right now we could fit all the people going into one car I wouldn't mind driving as long as someone else drove some of the way too.

We are going to have to leave I figure around midnight on the 2nd to get there. Once it gets closer to the celebration we can figure all that out. I ordered a trip tcket from AAA so maps and directions will not be a problem. The quicker we get everything figured out the better, it doesn't hurt to be super organized for this.

For everyone that is going with us I'm going to get some Fan Force Pittsburgh badges or pins, whatever is cheaper, for everyone to wear.

Let me know what you think. Everybody should have imput here.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If it ain't too expensive, I think that I might just rent a car. That would save me worries of having my car break down half way there, which it just might do. Although, my car situation might change by then, so we will see.

I imagine that I would go with a car roomy enough to fit several people, and if anyone wants to split the cost let me know. However, if there is a Dodge Viper available to rent you will all need to find your own ride. Oh yeah, since I would be about 1 hour ahead of everyone in that car, you could probably drop by whatever jail I am in and bail me out ;-)

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Fluke you are more than welcome to come with us, my brother already gave me the ok to use his car. We're just going to switch cars for the week.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Rox,

Do people who stay at the hotel get free parking?

5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No it's 8 bucks a day. That's why I think the less cars we take the better.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok, I will worry a more about getting there later on.

I got my celebration pass today. Did anyone get theirs yet? Mine had teenage Anakin on it.

7. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Looking forward to this trip and meeting you guys. Some others who booked through WOTC like we did requested a room on a lower level, elimanating long elevator lines and waits. Maybe we'd want to look into that.

We got our passes in the mail a few days ago.

!snap

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    STAR WARS CELEBRATION II INFORMATION PACKET

http://www.starwarsfan.org/prequels/news/celebration2booklet.htm

I hope there is more planed then this.

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

Been a while since I wander through, but to add to the transportation discussion, I'm willing to drive and can fit 3 other people in my car. I agree with Rox, the fewer cars the better and carpooling eliminates the need to pay for anything but gas. And since it seems that both Rox and I are willing to drive and have cars it just comes down to figuring numbers and distributing them in the cars.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I would really like to get together and meet everyone in person that is going to the celebration fairly ahead of time. That way we all can feel comfortable staying in the same suite together. January would be the best time to meet and start doing some planning. There's alot to talk about like which routes to take, how much money is going to be needed for gas, lodging, food, etc. We can just go out to lunch or dinner somewhere or you guys can come over to my house, I'll kick the family out for the day.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think our transportation issues are over! My car is getting an inspection then I'm tradig it in. GOD am I glad I'm getting rid of it, sports car insurance was expensive as hell. I'm getting either a extended cab Ford F150 or a Ford Explorer. Both of those will have no problem taking us plus all our stuff.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Rox,

Is the Embassy Suites the name of the hotel you booked a room with? I ask becasue I don't see that hotel listed as one of the Fan Club hotels on this page:
    https://swfan.wizards.com/Reservation.asp

Also, does that hotel happen to have a webpage?

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I found the hotel's website:
    http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=MZKFCXRA23YU1J31AOSMMPQ?ctyhocn=INDWWES

There is also an Embassy Suite North of Indy, incase you weren't sure which one you booked.

Is the "Complimentary Cooked-to-order Breakfast" part of the package? :)

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    We are in the downtown one, and yes we get the breakfast deal thing.

15. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I just found out that I might be able to make it.

Is it too late? Are rooms and tickets still available?

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    As far as I know rooms are still available, but I think you can only buy the tickets now. If you buy a lanyard you need to pick it up at the will call window at the celebaration. The number to get rooms is 1-800-923-0017, I also believe you can buy tickets at this number too but don't hold me to that.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I think that you can still reserve a room for only $5.

18. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    So we get free breakfast with our rooms? Do you know of anything else we get Rox?

!snap

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm pretty sure free happy hour at the bar but I'm not that sure about it.

20. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Damn, I only turn 20 tomarrow.

!snap

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Happy Birthday!

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Rox, maybe you mentioned this but did you recieve a confirmation on the room at the Embassy Suites?

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yes

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I didn't get approved for the loan for the truck I wanted so we're stuck with my brother's lumina. We really do have to get together sometime soon. We have to have a game plan on the trip. Coming up I might have to go under the knife to get some help with my sleeping problems, so I would like to have things planned out before that happens because I might be away from the boards for a couple of weeks when it happens.

25. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey
    yea im still trying to convince my mom to let me go! waht is the total price of the tickets ect to get in? i want to go really freaking bad! Oola wahts your and freaks status on celebration? if you 2 go ill definintly go but i dont know if my mom will let me go with out some other people?

Gohan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.