main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration III Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, our flights got rescheduled by Northwest. Fortunately the change is minimal, but I hate getting those "Schedule Change" notices in my email. The last time I got one of those, my flight to Vegas got pushed back two hours. That's two extra hours I could've spent at the Pai Gow table! :eek:

2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Autograph information concerning prices is out. The best news I've seen is that you'll be able to pre-order autograph coupons ahead of time. That will be great in shortening some lines so we can get straight to the autographs. All this mess, as always, is at www.starwarscelebration.com .

3. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, our flights got rescheduled by Northwest. Fortunately the change is minimal, but I hate getting those "Schedule Change" notices in my email.

I was just reading some of the NC boards looking to see how many local folks were making the trip to C3. I'm also flying Northwest to Indy. I received an email regarding a slight flight delay and wondered if ya'll were going up Wednesday evening from RDU. If so, I'd be interested in sharing a cab downtown if there's room with your party.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    We're taking the Wednesday night flight that leaves around 8pm and arrives in Indy around 9pm their time. We've got 5 in our party right now and we'll probably be looking a cab, preferably a van, so if we can find one, feel free to join us. But we are also going to be checking to see if our hotel (Embassy Suites) offers a shuttle and if that's the case, we may go with that. We'll know better as the time gets closer. :)

5. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    We're on the same flight. I checked the seating and 17 out of 46 seats have been assigned for the flight up. I'm coming back Sunday evening and 23 of 46 seats are taken. I guess at least 6 of that 17 are heading to C3. I also noticed the price has climbed. I'm glad I purchased mine when the price dropped.

I hadn't thought about the hotel providing a shuttle. I'll have to check with the Westin. If ya'll end up getting a van taxi I'd love to tag along since I'll be right across the street. I'll check back closer to the trip.

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can request some of the people on the flight to switch seats once we get on the flight so we can kind of ride up together (on the flight). Sharing a cab/shuttle sounds like a great thing to me. see ya'll soon.

Kevin

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    So yall decided to fly? Looks like four will be going from our group: me, JediRiff, Lodreh, and FettFan5150. We're driving up Tuesday night to avoid a bunch of traffic and so we can take our time. Checking in Wednesday and getting rested up as we may not sleep again till Sunday. :D See you guys at the Embassy!! :)

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I just hate driving. I would go nuts driving to Indy. Heck, I get fidgety just riding across town. Now granted, the first "touch and go" landing we had in Indy at C2 didn't exactly reinforce my faith in flying, but what can you do? We have five in our group now - 2 in Greenville, 2 in Raleigh, and 1 from Virginia. Everybody wanted to at least put in halfday appearances at work on Wednesday before we left and be back to work on Monday. We should be landing around 9pm CDT, so we'll get to the hotel soon thereafter. We'll have to make sure we exchange info so we can get in touch and hang out some!

9. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, at least in my case, I hate airplanes. It has nothing to do with 9/11, I have ALWAYS hated flying. If it was ME piloting the plane, it would be different, but putting my life in someone elses hands makes me extremely skittish. Indy wont be near as bad a road trip as the trip to New Orleans was, that took around 16 hours. Fett does alot of the driving, because he just likes to, for some reason. What I enjoy about road trips, is you get alot of hanging out time, and I usually have alot of fun doing it. :)

10. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    "Fett does alot of the driving, because he just likes to, for some reason"

You hadnt told me that!! Thats GREAT news!! ;)

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd be lying if I said I was a big fan of flying too. It's more like the lesser of two evils for me. Maybe I should start looking into Amtrak for future vacations. I'm a borderline "white knuckle" flyer, particularly when I fly by myself. At least I'll have people to chat with this time, that helps some. I think I got road trips out of my system in college. After a few spring break road trips to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, I was pretty wiped out on them. Have you figured out how long the drive to Indy is going to be?

The last time we went to Indy, as we were landing, just as soon as the tires hit the ground, the pilot gunned the engines and we took right back off again. and we went into a steep climb and turn at the same time. I've never been sick on a flight, but that was the closest I've ever come. They never did come over the intercom to say what happened. I probably didn't want to know anyway.

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I drove from Columbus, IN back in 88. Its about 45 min south of Indy and it took us about 8 or 9 hours I believe. Of course we only stopped a few times and its nothing but interstate driving. Indy to Louisville, Louisville to Lexington, Lexington to Knoxville, Knoxville to Asheville, Asheville to Raleigh, Raleigh to home.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I see the badges are finally starting to arrive in the mail! I am getting excited! I'm ready to leave now!

14. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Same here, Dal. I'm all a-giddy!

15. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Dalton,

Hows everything going? Ive decided to fly up, got two round trip tickets for 350$. We were gonna road trip it, but its about 18 hours I would say from Orlando. Now getting my costumes up there is going to be tricky.

Dale

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Got my badge and lanyard today! I'm walking around the house wearing it right now!

17. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Was your order correct, Dal? LOTS of folks orders were screwed up. I didnt receive the Vader topper, but everything else was okay.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yep, everything was cool. I didn't order the topper, so that was one less thing to screw up. I was worried about the lanyard because I didn't join Hyperspace until mid-February, but they sent me the right one.

At C2, they didn't send me my fanclub lanyard and I went straight from the main line to get in, to another line to get my fan club lanyard.

I guess I'll still have to go to will call at some point to get my ticket for the C3 party though.

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Whoa, that had to really suck. Glad to hear its all right this time.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The funny thing was when I finally got to the booth and asked for my fan club lanyard, they just handed me one. They never asked my name, looked at a list, or anything. Anybody could've walked up there and gotten a fan club lanyard that year. It was unbelievably unorganized in some aspects.

21. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Got all my stuff in yesterday, along with the new Star Wars Insider. :D Getting close now!!!!

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I got my Insider today. Haven't had a chance to check it out though. Was actually in your neck of the woods today trying to drum up some video business.

Mary Franklin, the head chick Celebration guru, who's putting this all together did a chat the other night. You can see the transcript linked below. There's some useful info for people. It's 6 pages of chat, but she doesn't actually start answering questions until the 3rd page.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=210069&start=0

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Dale!

I must've totally overlooked your post, as I just noticed it tonight. I must getting senile. Man, I couldn't imagine driving to Indy from Orlando, glad you found an affordable flight. As I was mentioning to some of the fellows in the Rocky Mount FF, I hate to drive period, and though I'm hardly a fan of flying, I choose the shorter amount of time white-knuckle flying versus the crazed boredom of a long car trip.

It's still about a year away, but my family and I will be driving down to Orlando next February for a vacation. I almost wish I didn't know about it, so I wouldn't have a year to mull over the idea of driving it. :p

I see you're the CR now. Congrats!

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Got my Hyperspace membership kit this weekend. It's all right, but nothing really cool this time, like the animation cel last year. It's just a lot of stuff that licensees give away at cons anyway, and then coupons for items that already overpriced anyway. 20% off of a 3-Day Blinds order coupon? $50 off a Code 3 collectible? These are hardly deals. Sure, every little bit helps, but one of my friends got Star Wars blinds for his kid's room, and one 3'x6' window blind cost over $300. Ugh. You don't even have to be a fan club member to use that coupon. You can buy the newstand edition and the same coupon is in the Insider.

I did get my ROTS movie poster though, and that looks pretty sweet. I was wondering if they'd put a watermark on a double-sided poster, but they did. I was afraid it might show through in front of a light, but I couldn't see it, so that's good. I really like the artwork on Ewan's Obi-Wan. They've really got him transitioning well to Alec's Obi-Wan on that poster.

25. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "If it was ME piloting the plane, it would be different, but putting my life in someone elses hands makes me extremely skittish"

Even in my capable hands? *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.