main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Star Wars Celebration III Updates

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Everyone,

This page will be for posting only. I will be posting everything & anything I can find that will help us out for C3. YaBaby !! :)

I will be posting map's of Ind. & the convention center. I will be posting hotel info. local dig's (Food, Movies, Games ect.)

You will also find some links in here from time 2 time as I get them for things you may wish to try out.

Ok, as of this time we have .... 400 Day's That's right. If my math is correct it 400 Day's from 2 day.

So everyone hold on........ it's going to be a GREAT ride.

Can't wait!
    SeeYa,
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Where:
    The Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome
    100 South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
    United States of America

Official Site of the Indianapolis Convention center

When:
    From April 21st to the 24th 2005

How Much:
    Per Steve Sansweet?s 1/28/04 Hyperspace chat, tickets are expected to go on sale by the end of this summer. At that time, the block of hotel rooms will be made available for fans to reserve.

Outside of the C3 Hotel Block, most hotels will not take reservations more than a year into the future. Different hotels have different policies, but that seems to be the general response.

Ticket Price is still to be determined
    Since last time it was $75 for three days, I'm expecting a $100 full event pass.

C2 Prices:
    3 Day Pass - $75 Adult, $35 Child (Ages 6-12), Children under 6 Free

1 Day Pass - $30 Adult, $15 Child (Ages 6-12), Children under 6 Free

How:
    Depending on where you come from, Car, Train or Plane might be the best ideas.

Why:
    To celebrate our passion for Star Wars and meet other Star Wars Fans from around the world.

Who:
    All Star Wars Fans.

This was borrowied from another CR listing. Nice job!

SeeYa !
    TK

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Stay in Indianapolis:
    From April 20th to the 25th 2005 (The day before to the day After the convention.)

The Two closest hotel from the convention are the Hyatt and the Westin. They are both linked to the Convention Center by a skywalk which allows you to move back and forth easily during the day. The Marriot is also fairly close and has a skywalk linked to the Convention Center.

Even tough I recommend that you wait for the Official Housing Bureau to open their reservation bureau, you can always check out each hotel price at their respective website.

Here you'll also find interesting place to go, see and most certainly stop by while in Indianapolis.

Transport:

The best way to get to Indianapolis without too much stress is by air. Then from the airport to your Hotel by Taxi
    Taxi: $20 USD (x2 back and forht = $40 )
    Plane: Prices vary between $300 and $500

Remember you may need to use the Taxi more than once if you plan on sightseeing and partying late.

Food:

I can tell you how easy it is not to eat during the course of a convention.

The Convention Center has a decent food court for grabbing a quick bite to eat and drink, and rest your weary feet. I do recall inside the Exhibit hall there were one or two ?hot dog? type vendors if you?re too busy to even leave the room. Outside of the Convention Center, Indianapolis has a multitude of restaurants for every price range and taste.

Moneywise:

Minimum Requirements: $800
    Also requiers about 5 friends with whom share your room.

Recommended: $1500
    You will leave Indianapolis Happy and Healthy

Preferable: $3000
    You will leave Indianapolis very happy with all you could have wanted and then some.
    You will eat well during your stay.

My credo is you better have more than not enough.
    My goal is the $3000 mark... but, we'll see.

Till next time........
    TK

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh, wait I have More................lol :)

Concerning Film & Video Cameras
    Policies for camcorders will vary from room to room and event to event. There will be signs posted outside of each area for your information, and in particular events where taping is not allowed, announcements will be made at the beginning, and most likely, people will be scanning the audience to make sure that rule is adhered to.

SW-C3 Exclusive Action Figure
    There will be an Action Figure like Jorg Sacul last time around, however the depicted characther is still to be determined.

Autographs
    Since Celebration 2, C2 Ventures has pretty much handled every Star Wars actors? convention autograph appearances. Unless something drastic happens, they?ll most like be doing this again. The celebrities will be in a roped off section. Fans buy an autograph coupon (C2 prices: $15 each, or 10 for $120) and they can use that coupon to have the actor sign just about anything, but if you don?t bring your own items to sign, you can use your coupon to have the actor sign his/her Celebration exclusive picture with the logo on it that they will sign for no additional fee. One coupon equals one signature, but you can spend 200 coupons on one person, or spread them out to your own choosing. You have to have bought a coupon to get into the autograph area, but you are allowed to say hello to any you like even if you don?t get their autograph...

Pictures are allowed, but whether or not the actor will get up and stand next to you or if you just have to lean in over the table is usually up to the actor and the line waiting for him/her.

In the singular case of Carrie Fisher at C2, she was placed in a separate room due to the high demand. The coupon price was the same, but in order to keep the huge lines moving, chatting with her longer then it took for her to sign her name & personalizing the autographs were quickly stopped. That was unfortunate, but the demand far exceeded the time she allotted to sign

Guests
    They are still to be confirmed
    However Steve Sansweet did confirm there would be at least as many as last time.

Security
    Last time around, the Security was handled by the 501st and some Security crew of Wizards, your weapons and costume will be checked and tagged (with a nice flashy sticker) if ok.

There will be more...... I'm sure......lol

Seeya !
    TK

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Look . . . MORE !!!

The offical C3 web site :

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Map of down town:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/IK_indymap.jpg

The speed way:

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/

That all for now. But you know there will be....MORE !

SeeYa!
    TK

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    OK GUYS!!
    Here are some #'s to local hotels as you can see they will not book more than 1 year out. They said they will start taking reservations at the end of April. I know it is some time off but at one of the next cuple of meeting I will be bring in more info. on the local hotels so that we may desided on one. That is if everyone wishs to stay in the same place. You are more then welcome to stay where ever you'd like. That is totally up to you.

Adams Mark Downtown 1-317-972-0600 - Does not have C3 in their system yet....will only book 1 year in advance.

Marriott Downtown 1-317-822-3500 - Will only accept reservations 50 weeks out.

Raddison Downtown 1-317-236-2558 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

The Westin - 1-317-262-8100 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Comfort Suites - 1-317-631-9000 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Hampton Inn - 1-317-261-1200 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

I all so have the web site for the airport here.

http://www.indianapolisairport.com/ air port

SeeYa!
    TK

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello All,
    Found some great idea I thought you'll may like to read. This one I am posting is right on the MONEY $$$.
    This guy did a great job. Everything he wrote would help out a lot. We'll see if anything like this happens. But I do know a web site would be great.

Seeya!
    TK

LINES
    It's really all about lines....
    -Utilize the RCA Dome. Assume that everyone wants to see the opening ceremonies, or Carrie Fisher. Accomodate all of us please.

-Sell the concert tickets online, in advance.
    -Reserved seating will eliminate lines.
    -Concert should be in the Dome, or the outdoor stadium.

EXCLUSIVE FIGURE STORE (more lines)
    -Enforce the one or two per person. Hole-punch the pass. Then punch the dealers who cheat. Everyone who attends should get their exclusive figure.

-Presell or preorder CIII items from the website (after tickets are purchased). This would benefit both the fans as well as CIII -- we get the stuff we want, and CIII is not stuck with leftover merchandise. Better yet, eliminate the big store completly, and use the space for something else. Order from the website, CIII ships the merchandise a week before the Celebration (to registered fans). I will spend a LOT MORE MONEY if I do not have to stand in line and then carry this stuff around all day. Smaller kiosks could be set up to sell additional items.

These are my ideas; I am a veteran of CI and CII. This one has got to be better.

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I LOVE IT!

The new logo for Star Wars Celebration III harkens back to the patch that was originally designed for the cast and crew of The Empire Strikes Back. "Vader in Flames," as the design was called, was later modified and made available to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. As the emblem of Celebration III, the image speaks to the enduring nature of the Star Wars saga.
    It seems like a long wait until Star Wars Celebration III opens its doors at the Indiana Convention Center April 21 - 24, 2005, but it's not too early to start anticipating what looks to be the biggest Star Wars fan event to date.

As the summer progresses, look for news and details in the Community section of www.starwars.com,and at the official Celebration III website: www.starwarscelebration.com.

We can't give away too many surprises yet, but here's what we can tell you now. Celebration III should feature more Star Wars events, exclusives, and festivities than fans will find anyplace else:

Stars from the casts of all six Star Wars films.
    Magic-makers from the film crews.
    Special sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.
    Treasures from the Lucasfilm archives - props and costumes and more.
    A variety of unique Star Wars entertainment brought together under one roof.
    More fan events, more fan creations, and more fan involvement than ever before.
    New Celebration III merchandise including an exclusive action figure available nowhere else.
    Improved Fan Club benefits - for members from all over the world.
    Look for more news, as well as information on hotels and tickets, coming later this summer on www.starwars.com, and www.starwarscelebration.com.

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi Guy's,

Checkout this web site. Very COOL item coming to C3 !

www.all-con.org

Enjoy,
    SeeYa!
    TK

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello Everyone,

Great meeting this week. Thanks 2 everyone who came. BIG shout out to Scott & Dan our 1st ever guest. Very Sweet!

Just a quick posting here....

Check out this link. It is the FanForce Ind. Site they have set up these pages just to talk about C3. Being the host city you may wish to read up on things going on out there. They have a ton of things listed. It's just to much to re-list here. Soooo....

But, if there is something really good they post.I think you'll may wish to see, I will copy it over here.

Enjoy,
    SeeYa!!
    TK

http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Celebration_III/b10611/15471005/?21

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
  12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Everyone,

Just so I know we will have a room that is close to the convention center. I have gone a head and booked one. The room is for up to 4 people. I know we will have more. lol But, I've been checking on room about every other day. Just so you know. The follow hotels are booked as of today ....

Canterbury, Omni, Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, Embassy...you get the picture. :)

So I have booked a room at the Crown Plaza. Just to be safe. The hotel does have a crosswalk to the center. So rain or shine we're good. I would like to stay at the Adams Mark like I did last time(they had good $$) But they are not yet taking rev.

Now, if when the room rates for club members come out for the c3 and are a better price. I can all ways cancell the room. I only lose $25 but still it's safe we have it. Right? RIGHT!

The room is rev. for April 20th till April 25th. That is Wed. to Mon. The show starts Thur. I figured we'd fly in the nite before and get set. and either fly out on sun the 24th of Mon 25th. so we'll see.

The plan is to have our club fund pay the room bill. If not the room will be $225 each for 4 people. $150 for up to 6. I KNOW, I KNOW . Your saying WOW!! But that is for almost a week's stay. Look at it like this. 4 people go it's $51 a nite. 6 People go $30 a nite. It's a 5**** hotel on the convention center.

I think we'll still get them cheaper once the fan club price come out. But it's a start.

So you can go check out the sites I've posted and see the hotel if you wish.

SeeYa!!
    TK

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, saw this posted on theforce.net...

Tickets for Celebration III, and hotel reservations in the room blocks, will go up for sale this fall, probably in September. We'll announce the exact date later this summer on starwars.com and starwarscelebration.com. We'll also announce the ticket prices at that time.
    If you call the downtown Indianapolis hotels now, they may tell you that they are booked for those dates. However, they are holding big blocks of rooms for the fall registration, that are at a special Celebration rate. This varies by hotel.

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Everyone,

The dates are out. Rooms and ticket go on sale. The 27th. of sept. You can check it out it the following address. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/swchome.aspx?file=swc

Let me know what everyone thinks.

SeeYa!
    TK

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I really, really want to go but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. For one, I've started a new job and I'm not sure if I'll be able to take the time off required for the trip, and not really sure if I can make the dollar amount fit the budget. I'll see. If worse comes to worse I'll have to give TK a wish list ;)

16. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well the count down is on........

I can hear 17 day's !! :)

OH YA!
    SeeYa!
    TK

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    8 DAY'S TO GO !!!!